• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,548 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,548

PreviousChapters Next
A Word About A Bird [S1: "A Bird in the Hoof"]

As Princess Celestia was preparing to return to Canterlot with Philomena, Twilight Sparkle approached her. "Princess Celestia?"

"Yes, Twilight?"

Twilight tilted her head. "Just how long have you had a pet phoenix? Because this is the first time I've ever seen Philomena."

Celestia smiled. "Oh, I've had her for a while," she said. "Though to be honest, I frequently don't see her for years at a time. It isn't healthy for either the pet or the owner if a phoenix is kept cooped up like an ordinary bird. Philomena just came back to Canterlot two moons ago."

"How long was she gone?" Twilight asked.

"About twenty, maybe twenty-five years?" Celestia shrugged. "Her favorite hunting ground is past the Griffon Kingdom. She usually nests for a good ten or fifteen years whenever she goes there."

"Oh." Twilight fell silent. "So, umm...if you knew she was about to, err, burn, why did you bring her to tea? I mean, she looked awful."

"Well, it's so rare I get to show off Philomena," Celestia said. "I really wanted to show her to Fluttershy since I know she loves animals, and, well..." She looked sheepish. "After all your letters about her..." She shook her head. "Fluttershy has tamed manticores, a full-grown dragon, and even a cockatrice. I guess I just assumed she knew enough about magical creatures that she'd recognize a phoenix when she saw one. That...was my mistake." Her eyes twinkled. "I do occasionally make them."

Philomena let out a shrill, piercing cry. "Oh! I suppose we'd best be off," Celestia said. "I do, after all, have to prepare for the sunset. Goodbye, my faithful student."

"Goodbye, Princess," Twilight said. She looked to the phoenix. "And goodbye to you too, Philomena."

PreviousChapters Next