• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,566 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,566

PreviousChapters Next
The Unlikeliest of Heroes (S1: "Dragonshy")

The dragon threatening Equestria by snoring smoke had long since packed up and left, and the six mares from Ponyville made their way back down the mountain in high spirits.

"Y'know, though," Applejack said as they hiked the long, winding trail, "there's one thing that bothers me about this whole adventure."

"Just one?" Rarity asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Well, it's just..." Applejack's muzzle scrunched up, and she stopped walking. The others stopped and turned to her, curious.

"What's on your mind, Applejack?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Well..." Applejack looked around. "Okay, so...Fluttershy, animal expert, stared down that dragon mighty good, got 'er done, Ah git that. But if'n you stop an' think about it..." She began pointing at each mare present in turn. "We got a farmer, a librarian, a dressmaker, a baker, a weatherpony, an' a...whutever Fluttershy actually does besides feedin' an' carin' for animals." She frowned. "Don't it seem odd t' y'all that this is th' group Princess Celestia sent t' vanquish a dragon?"

The other mares blinked, then looked at each other. Then they looked at Twilight.

Twilight shook her head. "Princess Celestia has her reasons," she said. "Besides, we vanquished Nightmare Moon! Of course we're the logical choice for...for saving Equestria from a giant fire-breathing dragon..."

"Really, darling," Rarity said flatly.

"Well we did!" Twilight protested.

"Technically Fluttershy did," Pinkie Pie pointed out. "The rest of us didn't do squat!"

"Hey! I kicked him!" Rainbow Dash pointed out.

"Ah, yes, let us never forget Rainbow Dash's epic feat of bruising her hoof on a dragon," Rarity said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Look, all Ah'm sayin' us, we ain't exactly adventurers," Applejack said. "Why in th' name of pink lady apples would th' Princess send us an' not, Ah dunno, th' Royal Guard, or th' Wonderbolts, or...or anypony whose job it is t' deal with stuff like this?"

"Because she knows we're awesome!" Rainbow Dash asserted. "Especially me!"

"Princess Celestia has her reasons," Twilight said firmly. "She always knows the right thing to do, and she's always right. Just...just trust the Princess, alright? If somepony else had been the right pony to send, she would've sent them instead of us. She's been ruling Equestria for over a thousand years, after all! She always knows what's right."

Twilight's firm conviction quieted Applejack's protests, and the group fell silent for the rest of the return trip to Ponyville.

Later that night, when Twilight put out the lights and tucked herself in to sleep, she found she lay awake until the wee hours of morning, wondering why Princess Celestia had sent a farmer, a baker, a dressmaker, a weatherpony, a librarian, and a Fluttershy to vanquish a dragon.

By the time the rooster crowed, she still hadn't figured it out.

She debated asking Spike to send a letter to Princess Celestia asking her. But then she reminded herself of her own words.

"Princess Celestia is always right," she said as she closed her eyes. "Always right. She's always right..."

PreviousChapters Next