• Published 28th May 2016
  • 4,568 Views, 663 Comments

Pony Postscripts - MythrilMoth



Short postscript scenes intended to address loose plot threads, discuss endings, and so forth from various episodes of the show.

  • ...
31
 663
 4,568

Chapters Next
Settling In #1 (S1: "Friendship is Magic")

Twilight Sparkle folded up the last box and stacked it neatly on the pile of empty, folded cardboard boxes. "Well, that's the last of it," she said. "We're now officially moved in."

Spike frowned. "I dunno, Twilight," he said. "I feel like we forgot some important stuff from the tower back in Canterlot."

Twilight shook her head. "I didn't really have much there besides books and some equipment and, well...books," she said. "I mean, any decent library should have most of what I had there, and if I can't find it when I finish sorting the shelves, I can just ask Princess Celestia to send it from the archives."

Spike dug in his ear with a claw. "Yeah, like I said," he mused. "I mean, I like this place and all, it's nice and cozy? But I think you're forgetting something important."

"Like what?" Twilight asked, gesturing around with a hoof. "We're in a library, Spike. Books! Books everywhere!" She let out a happy sigh. "Ahh, books..."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Yeah, books. In an earth pony town. This isn't Canterlot, Twilight. I don't think the collection here is as complete as you'd like it to be. I mean, you had a lot of magic books back in Canterlot that wouldn't be very useful in a place like Ponyville, you know?"

Twilight waved him off with an amused scoff. "Please, Spike. You make it sound like Ponyville is nothing but muddy roads and low-class rubes! I'm pretty sure I saw a whole bunch of unicorns here, so surely they'll have..." She trailed off, then trotted over to the nearest shelf.

Spike watched her, an eyebrow raised, as she moved from shelf to shelf, scanning the spines of books. He smirked as her motions became more frantic, more animated, as she began levitating dozens of volumes off shelves, looking behind books, looking on top of shelves, looking under shelves.

After over forty minutes of this, Twilight flumped to the floor and let out a long, tired sigh. "Spike," she said in a defeated tone, "take a letter..."

Author's Note:

There'll probably be a multitude of postscripts involving Twilight settling in...

Chapters Next