• Published 1st May 2016
  • 438 Views, 10 Comments

Mist of Memory - Rusty20



The Mane six and a Spike wake up in strange place with no memory of each other or their adventures together.

  • ...
 10
 438

Chapter 1: The Awakening

The Purple Unicorn started to wake up on the grass in a forest, She was groggy and still kinda out of it. "Ugh, What happened and where am I?" said the Purple Unicorn. She got up and looked around seeing five other mares and a dragon lying asleep on the grass nearby. "And who are they?"

The Pink Earth-pony then jumps up and says, "Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Oh my head, What happened this is worse than the time my sister mistook my head for a rock when I went to visit the rock-farm."

The Blue Pegasus nearby started to stir, "What happened I don't remember anything?" she said, Then she looks around. "Who are they, Also why do I have this horrible headache? It's even worse than the one I had after that crash last week."

The Purple Unicorn stayed silent waiting for the other to wake up before starting introductions. As it would be easier and less rude that way, So she just sat and watched patiently.

The Orange Earth-pony started to groan and then opened her eyes, "My achin' head, What the hay happened last night?" she said. "This is even worse than the time, Big Mac hit me with the apple-cart."

The White Unicorn's eyes started to flutter opened and she groaned a bit. Then she said, "Why am I sleeping on the ground in the woods?" Then she screams jumps up and starts brushing bits of dirt, leaves, and grass off her body quickly. "Eww, eww, eww! How unsanitary!"

The Yellow Pegasus then started to lithely moan as she started to wake up, A small rabbit came up to her and started to stomp it's foot impatiently. "Oh hello are you hungry, Little one?" she said as she reached into her saddlebags and pulled out a carrot for him which he ate with slight displeasure once she gave it to him. The Yellow Pegasus then noticed the others, "Meep," she said quietly as she shyly tried to hide under her own front hooves.

The Dragon yawned and opened his eyes, "What happened? I feel like I got hit by a train," He said. Then he noticed everypony else and said, "And who are all these ponies the last thing I remember is being an assistant at a library somewhere."

The Pink Earth-pony noticed everypony else and then she gasped in excitement and quickly started bouncing around to everyone saying, "Hi I'm Pinkie Pie!" And speedily going on to the next one before they can even start to answer her.

The Purple Mare stood up and looked at everyone else, "Okay everyone I think we should start by introducing ourselves, I'm Twilight Sparkle and I love learning and books," said Twilight. "I think I live in a library and am the student of somepony really important, But sadly I'm not sure because my memory seems foggy."

The Blue Pegasus flew up and looked Twilight straight in the eyes. "Hey wait just a second who put the, Egghead in charge?" She said in a defensive manner.

"I'm not a egghead!" Yelled Twilight upset. "And I'm not in charge I'm just trying to keep things organized while trying to figure out what's going on."

The Blue Pegasus lands, "Fair enough. I'm Rainbow Dash the fastest and coolest pegasus anywhere, I love racing and looking cool but winning is the best of all!" Said Rainbow Dash.

The Orange Earth-pony looked at the insulted and irritated Twilight and said, "Calm down, Sugarcube I don't reckon Rainbow here meant anythin' by that egghead remark. Even though she could have been nicer about it."

Rainbow Dash looked at the Orange Earth-pony slightly upset and confused. Then she said with irritation in her voice, "And what is that supposed to mean."

The Orange Earth-pony looked at Rainbow and said, "Exactly what it sounds like it means, Sugarcube!" Then she looks at everyone else and says, "By the way I'm Applejack or AJ for short I love good ole hard work, Especially on a farm and I also love apples."

The White Unicorn finished cleaning herself and said, "Ladies, ladies please let's be civilized about this there's no need for fighting or name calling."

Rainbow Dash turns around and pretends to cough. And says under her breath, "Says the pony afraid of a leaf."

The White Unicorn looks at Rainbow Dash upset and annoyed and says, "I heard that, Rainbow and excuse me for wanting to look my best!" Then she looks at everyone else and says, "I'm Rarity, Darlings and I love everything fashion and high-class, So much in fact I make clothes and own my very own boutique."

Rarity looks to the Yellow Pegasus hiding her head under her hooves. And said, "There's no need to be afraid of us, Darling and you are?"

The Yellow Pegasus jumps a bit with her head still hidden under her front legs. And she whispered in a shaky barely audible voice, "I'm Fluttershy."

Everypony looked at each other and then back at the Yellow Pegasus. Then Twilight said, "Excuse me we didn't quite get that?"

She opens up her hooves a little and peeks towards Twilight, "I'm Fluter-" She notices the dragon and her shyness completely disappears then she runs over to him excited and says, "Oh a Baby Dragon, you're so cute!"

"Well, Well, Well finally somepony sees how special I am. It's nice to meet you I'm Spike and you are?" Said Spike.

"I'm Fluttershy nice to meet you, Spike. I love the forest and animals and I live in the forest with my animal friends who I take care of. And I can sometimes be a little bit shy around ponies," said Fluttershy.

"Nice to meet you then, Fluttershy. I like working as a assistant in a library as I said before, Nice long naps, And eating gems," Said Spike.

Pinkie then started bouncing around again and said, "Let's have a giant awesome party so everypony can get to know everypony better! I'll bring the balloons and party supplies!" She pulls some balloons from behind her back blows them up quickly then gives everypony a party blower and a party hat. She then proceeds to pull a cake from behind her back, While everypony else looks on stunned about how she can do what she just did.

Then Pinkie cuts the cake and passes out a piece to everypony, That they start eating happily. Then Applejack said, "This cake is incredible, Pinkie what's your secret?"

Rarity then eats some more cake dainty and said, "Yum this cake is really to die for! You really must tell us your secret, Darling!"

Pinkie looks around suspiciously making sure nopony else was around. Then she pulls everypony close to her and whispers, "The secret ingredient is... sugar."

Twilight finished her cake then said, "Okay then. That's enough goofing off now we should figure out what happened, I say we find out what we have then discuss why we have it and what we remember about it." Twilight then starts going through her saddlebags and says, "Okay I have, The big book of magic, The idiot's guide to travel, The experts guide to research, This crown with a jewel that looks like my cutie-mark in it, And strangely enough a picture of all of us signed by all of us that says, 'Best friends forever!' Even though none of seem to have meet before right now."

"My turn, My turn!" Says Pinkie going through her saddle-bags. Then she said, "This is fun! I have several cupcakes, A joke book, A party-cannon, Various party supplies, And a necklace with a jewel that looks like my cutie-mark in it! How exciting and amazing-tastic!"

Everypony gives Pinkie a confused look. Then Twilight facehoofs and says, "Um Pinkie that isn't even a... you know what? Something tells me there's no point even trying with her."

"Okay I'll go through my stuff, Said Rainbow Dash. "But I'm not doing it because you're asking I'm just doing it because I'm curious, Okay?" She then looks inside her saddlebags, "Okay we have a bunch of pictures of me because I'm awesome, A group picture of the Wonderbolts signed by them, A few Daring Do books, And a necklace with a jewel in it that looks like my cutie-mark," Said Rainbow Dash.

"Well at least you didn't call me a egghead this time it's a start at least you're trying to get along," Replied Twilight. "And Daring Do is awesome I completely agree on that, I have the whole series in my library back at home... wherever that is."

"She sure is she got me into reading!" Said Rainbow Dash. "All of A. K. Yearling's books are extremely awesome."

"Well I reckon I could see what I have, Sugarcube," Said Applejack. She then starts going through her saddle-bags, "Well I have a bunch of apples, Some campin' supplies, Some food, And a necklace with a jewel that looks like my cutie-mark in it."

"Well I guess I could see what I got in bags girls," Said Rarity. Well I have various hair-care products, A few sets of clothing, and some jewelry including a necklace that has a jewel looks like my cutie-mark."

Applejack looked a bit surprised, "Wow Rarity you sure care a lot about your appearance don't ya? Down on the farm we don't have time to get all prissed up."

"Rarity gets an insulted look on her face, "Well excuse me some of us actually care about our appearance and don't want to look we just came back from wrestling hogs in the mud," Said Rarity. "No offense meant Applejack darling, But fashion just isn't your thing."

"None taken Rarity, I'd be happier wrestlin' hogs or buckin' apples then I could ever be at one of them high-class parties and I'd say you be happier at one of them their parties I mentioned," Applejack replied. "Each to her own I always say."

"Darling I couldn't agree more each pony his or her own fashion sense and who am I to tell them it's wrong. After all your look does have certain country charm," Said Rarity in agreement.

Aj tipped her hat to Rarity and Twilight said, "That's the spirit girls! If we act more like these two and put our differences aside we'll figure out what happened faster!"

Fluttershy still a bit shy says, "I guess I can go though mine too. It looks like I have a lot of animal food, A first aid kit for animals, A first aid kit for ponies, And a necklace with a jewel that looks like my cutie-mark on it."

"Let me check what I got in my little bag here," Said Spike. "It looks like I got some paper, A feather pen, A small jar of ink, A picture or Rarity, And a few gems."

Rarity gives him a confused look. "I'm flattered darling, But why do you have a picture of me in your bag?" Said Rarity.

"I'm not sure Rarity," Said Spike. Then he thinks, "She is pretty hot though so I think I'll hold onto this picture."

"Well at any rate we should go find a city or a town if we can," Said Twilight. "And Rainbow I've studied a lot of maps and geography with is why I'm leading here."

"Okay I guess, But you're still not in charge though!" She said defensively while starting to follow Twilight with the others.

"Fair enough Rainbow fair enough," Said Twilight. And they all started moving through the deep dark woods.