• Published 29th Apr 2016
  • 3,405 Views, 29 Comments

A Discorded Family - Bakmah Genesis



Twilight likes it when things are planned out thoroughly. Of course, her husband who also happens to be the Lord of Chaos makes that difficult. Like becoming pregnant and two months before it is due.

  • ...
13
 29
 3,405

-2-

Twilight never thought she would find herself in a such a position. She defeated Nightmare Moon, beat Sombra, and won against Tirek. But she found herself utterly terrified as she across from her parents and siblings, Discord cradling their newly born next to her.

An awkward silence sat between them, only the sound of the clock in the room was to be heard. Discord hummed to himself, seeming to love the current situation. Shining was the one to break the silence, coughing into his hoof.

“So,” said the stallion, eyeing the draconequus. “Who is the little one?”

“Penumbra.” said Twilight, a ghost of a smile on her face. “Penumbra Sparkle.”

“A pretty name.” said Cadence cheerfully. “But, um, I didn’t know you were pregnant, Twily.”

“Because she wasn’t.” said Discord. He tickled Penumbra’s chin, causing the hybrid to coo, attempting to reach out and grab his claw. Despite the situation, Twilight found it hard to stop from giggling as the look on the other ponies faces changed into confusion. “Is it really the shocking? I am the Lord of Chaos.”

“I stopped questioning when a virgin gets told they got someone pregnant.” said Twilight with a sigh. “But aside from two months of running around trying to get everything prepared, I can certainly say it is relieving. That is, until our first night with our newborn.” She looked over to Discord with a glare. “And because you didn’t mention that you were pregnant, or that a draconequus’ term is very short, you are taking care of her if she wakes up.”

“Rude.” said Discord with a pout. “But fair.” A cough directed their attention back to the other occupants in the room.

“So, since Twilight pointed out that you didn’t get pregnant….normally, how did this happen?” The couple looked at each other for a moment.

“We don’t know.” They said in unison. “It could be from minor fluid transfer or that one party a few months back.” said Discord, making Twilight groan.

“I never want to see that much alcohol again.”

“I still drank more than you, though.”

“And which of us spent the next three days in the bathroom?”

“Touché.”

“I am not sure if I should be surprised that my daughter got into a drinking game with the Lord of Chaos or if I should be surprised by the amount of responsibility.” said Velvet, shaking her head with a sigh.

“So, now what do you two plan on doing? As a parent, raising a child with incredible powers as an alicorn is hard enough. Penumbra is a mix of Alicorn and Draconequus, something that surely will blue a headache.” Cadence smiled at the two. “I still wouldn’t mind lending a hoof in watching her.”

“I am sure we will be just fine, LoveButt.” said Discord confidentially. He went to go tickle the baby draconequus, freezing as he realized that the blanket was absent of any such thing. “Or not…”

“You lost our child already?” said Twilight, an eye twitching violently. Before he could answer, they heard something loud, and probably expensive, break upstairs. In an instant, Discord disappeared.

Seconds passed before there was another bang, followed shortly by pained hollering. With a sigh, Twilight was starting to memorize the process of signing up for property and health insurance as Discord reappeared in the room holding a giggling Penumbra. Cadence made not of the ice pack on his head as she continued.

“I think a magic suppressor would come in handy?” Discord rubbed his head with a sigh.

“If only it worked on Chaos Magic.” There was a loud crash upstairs, causing the draconequus to sigh as he handed Penumbra to Twilight. “Excuse me as I calm down the bed.” Before the others could question what he meant, he already disappeared with a snap of his claws.

“I feel like I won’t be calm and relaxed for a long time.” moaned Twilight, letting her head lay back on the couch.

“Welcome to parenthood.” said Night Light with a chuckle. “We may not have to deal with chaos magic, but raising two unicorns is not easy feat.”

“Neither will a draconequus.” said Discord, making everyone jump as they just noticed he returned. “I also think we need to invest in a new bed.”

“Why? The frame is hardened crystal. It would be almost impossible to break.” Discorded patted Twilight’s head with a small smile.

“Don’t underestimate the power of a raging bed against the lord of chaos.” Twilight stayed silent, making note of the fact that she may lose her sanity within the next few years.

“Don’t worry, Twiley,” said Cadence softly, sensing her step-sister’s inner turmoil. “All of us would be willing to help when raising two kids gets the better of you.” Discord raised an eyebrow.

“Two?”

“Discord, you act more like you are your daughter’s age than your proper age.” Everyone chuckled as the draconequus huffed.

“What is the fun in acting my age? Life was much more fun before adulthood.”

“I am aware. Before then I didn’t have to deal with you on a daily basis.” said Twilight with an exasperated sigh. She rubbed her temples. “Now we got to meet the girls, Celestia said she wanted me in Canterlot so she could meet my new heir, there is now the fact that we need to plan a royal reveal of the next royal heir.” She let out a sigh, laying back in her chair. “I will need a thousand years of sleep after this.”

“I don’t recommend it.” said Discord with the shake of his head. “It feels nice for awhile, then you get cramps and can’t really do much about ‘em.”

“Point is, Twilight,” said Velvet, glancing at Discord a brief moment. “We are for you if you ever need help.”

The alicorn smiled softly. “Thanks mom, it’s appreciated.”


The rest of the day was spent showing Penumbra to the other elements as well as trying to prevent any form of chaos the new filly tried to cause. Even Discord got tired of having to constantly chase the draconequus babe and defuse the chaos she created, after admiring her work that is.

It took another hour after feeding the filly before they were able to get her to sleep, setting her to sleep in the newly built baby room. The room itself took a quick redesign before hand, Discord adding as many anti-chaos wards as he could so they didn’t walk into a war zone in the morning.

With a heavy sigh, Twilight fell onto the bed she just bought that day. She was slightly surprised to see her old bed smashed to bits. Now they slept with the mattress on the floor as she reminded herself to send the frame to the Crystal Empire for repair.

The bed shifted as she felt a furry snakelike creature rub against, wrapping his claws around her. She let out a soft sigh, letting the embrace continue as she was brought closer. The couple sat in silence for awhile, their breathing the only thing to be heard.

“You drive me crazy, Discord.” said the alicorn softly, chuckling slightly. “Surprise children, complete chaos the entire day, and I get to deal with it for the next 18 years. Still, I won’t regret it.”

“I wouldn’t say that yet,” commented the draconequus, rubbing against her neck. “We barely started this whole parenting thing.”

“You know what I meant.” Twilight sighed, she rolled onto her back, staring at the ceiling. “I may not be ready mentally to be a mother, but I will still love and care for my daughter to the best of my abilities, just much as I have you.” She chuckled. “Even after our wedding cake started running around the dance floor.”

“I thought that was a nice touch.” said Discord with a shrug. He traced a claw over her cheek. “But all I ask is that you put up with us despite what we will put you through you.” He leaned forward, inches away from her lips when the screaming of their daughter split the silence.

“You’re getting that.” said Twilight with a chuckle. “I will love you both for years to come, but consider this payback of three months of stress.”