• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,859 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,859

PreviousChapters Next
[08] Faster Then a Dashing Rainbow

3 days later

Luna has been transferred to the Canterlot Hospital for advanced healing treatment and is in a stable coma. The night sky has not changed despite the calmed princess of the night being unconscious. And now I am currently checking in with the base update.

"We just received our first load of Titanium, along with 1,000 builders, all being unicorn." said Shining Armor as he looks at a clip board with a paper on it.

"The base schematics are accessible through terminals. " I said to Shining.

"That should make it easier for the eggheads to figure out what we're building." said Shining.

"How much Titanium do we have?" I ask.

"About 1000 tons." said Shining looking at the paper.

"That should be enough to start building the wall, and the other building supplies?" I ask noting that wiring, wood, glass, and other material are needed. The area around the Sirus has been cleared of debris and flattened, we stand upon a large concrete foundation that was made from magic yesterday. The foundation is currently being built inward and will stop until it reaches the ship as it is still on the ground. The foundation itself is the base for a circular science and military base.

"We have most of the supplies needed." said Shining, I'll have the sentinels build the more technologically advanced parts, including turrets and force field generators. The ponies can build the structure itself such as walls, floors, and ceilings of the base itself.

"Your aid is most helpful, I'll unlock some schematics to a few non war related tech so that the races here can benefit from them." I say as I show my gratitude.

"Thats great." said Shining as he solutes me.

"The Sirus has its anti gravity plates repaired, it will lift off the ground later today at 12:00 AM so that your ponies and my sentinels can finish the foundation along with the landing platform." I say to the captain.

"Affirmative." he said once more.

"That will be all for now captain." I say to him, he seems to relax a little.

"My wife is coming with hopes to meet you soon, do you think you could talk to her to discuss your presence here?" said Shining but before I could reply my KE tracker picks up a signal, its Rainbow Dash with a few other life forms, she lands near me with a thud.

"You, me, race, NOW!" asked Dash with an expression of pure determination, behind her are a few other pegisi with blue and yellow outfits. The guards and civilians behind the temporary log wall look in awe at them.

"My time is free until 12:00 AM today, but I advise we do not race here." I say noting that this could result in 2 sonic rainbooms, analysis indicates an unknown destructive event could happen when or if the shockwaves collide in the air.

"My name is Spitfire, leader of the Wonderbolts and not to worry, we already have a corse set up, just fallow us if you wanna race." said Spitfire.

"Goodbye for now Captain, I expect good things when I come back for the completion of the landing pad, I shall return soon to get acquainted with your wife." I say as I take off to fallow the pegisi. We continue to fly up to a few thousand feet and than fly towards a large rock pillar that seems to have an airstrip on top of it, strange, I haven't seen any airplanes on this planet...perhaps their being experimented on in a near by base or something. I see a starting line made of clouds, many pegisi surround the it.

"Alright girls! Today is a race to see who is fastest, the alien robot or Rainbow Crash! Take your positions!" yelled Spitfire as she turns to us in a commanding tone. Scans indicate she must be the superior officer of the base. Dash and I fly up to the starting line. Pegisi from all over watch as Dash takes position as I float next to her, others question how I fly without the need to flap my wings, these are not designed to flap, only for high speed thrust, dodging, deflecting, cutting, and versatile fire support.

"We all heard of that little challenge Crash gave you earlier, and that made us all curious, wanna test your wings against hers in a race to that mountain?" she says as she points to a mountain on the horizon, from here it looks tiny, though zooming in its very large, scans indicate it's 12 miles away.

"I see no harm in this, but are you sure this is a good idea? I do not want to damage the atmospheric wind currents." I say noting that in this situation I am authorized to break protocol if I am careful.

"From what I've heard you can do a sonic rainboom just like Crash, I want you to go as fast as you want." she said, not realizing what she has just done.

"Disabling speed reducing protocol...adjusting wing systems now..." I say as my wings vibrate furiously for a moment, the blue lights in them glow violently bright white and violate as the gravity jets give off a very loud electric engine combined with a jet engine sound, much more intense then before, my eyes turn red as I am forced to activate my targeting system to prevent possible deaths in the air as I take my position to launch myself forward, I lean forward and aim myself in the direction of the hoop just above the mountain.

"W-wow...well don't think it'll be that easy, after you cross the checkpoint you'll be met with another one 12 miles away above another mountain directly in front of the last one but 12 miles away, their is a total of 4 mountain checkpoints, their are hoops above them, it doesn't matter how high you are from the hoops so long as you pass them, after that you are to return here, got it?" said Spitfire as she explains the rules.

"Yes mam!" said Dash, not changing her position, ready to leave me in the dust.

"Affirmative." I say in a determined tone, ready to engage in fallowing my current flight path.

"Get ready...set....GO!" yelled Spitfire.

Rainbow Dash launches off like a missile, but I fly up to gain an exact altitude of 30,000 feet at a speed of 9,999 MPH, once at the high I change my direction to meet the race corse, I break the visible light spectrum as my sonic rainboom explodes outwards behind me, the land bellow is moving at a faster and faster speed as I continue to accelerate, eventually I ignite the hydrogen in the air and leave a massive trail of fire behind me as I continue to go faster than 100,000 MPH. I have sense past all checkpoints, but seeing as I am currently going faster than I ever have before I decide to do a speed test around the planet. To the ground below I am seen as a single streak of orange, blue, and violate light screaming across the sky as it rips through the thin air.

SETTING NEUTRINO CANNONS TO JET MODE

Both of my neutrino cannons charge up, sucking is neutrinos and crush the air in front of me, they act as a very powerful jet engine, I get a sudden bust of acceleration as two massive unconcentrated beams of neutrinos soot out of the cannons. My current speed is 2,010,993 MPH and rising fast. Time itself starts to dilate around me as my clock is now incorrect from the clocks on the planet below. To the ground below the streak seems to glow brighter as a loud boom is heard, the boom itself sounds like a nuclear bomb going off but the sound from my gravity jets give off an eriealy quite distorted whisping sound as hardly any undisturbed atoms exist in my current flight path. The only other sound I can hear is a very disturbing distorted screaming sound that in reality is in fact the atoms being crushed against my shield. My speed is now 10,800,560 MPH and still rising fast but at a slightly decreased rate.

======

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash slows down slowly in utter shock at the first checkpoint as she looks up at the sky to see the streak of light pulsating around the planet with her mouth open.

=======

Spitfire

All of the ponies at the base look in awe at the sky seeing the raging force of speed rip through the sky, the only sound that is head is a faint sound of screaming and lightning as friction in the air becomes so intense that clouds form at that hight, and even plasma.

======

Serena

I continue to circle the globe at a hight of 30,000 feet, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain this hight and not fly off into space as my current speed is 35,020,999 MPH and rising fast but at a slower rate. The space around me bends in a circular pattern and starts to distort. It appears wider than the space directly in front of me, it appears to get increasingly farther and farther away, I change my sensors to warp mode, my HUD lights up for a moment at the sky around me appears to return to normal but in reality space is still very much distorted, I have this function to aid me in combat should I need to fire weapons or dodge at this speed. My speed starts to level out at 43,023,500 MPH as I strain my jets to maintain a circular path around a planet when my inertia wants me to go straight off into space. I deactivate all my jets and my cannons, and flair my wings to create more resistance, I feel so much resistance that I my shields actually get depleted to 0%. My wings and cannons act as an airbrake, scans indicate my structural integrity is stable but my biological skin is in danger of being damaged, I feel pain...I do not like it...

To the spectators below they see the perfectly straight line pulsate wildly as it starts to fade very slowly, my speedometer reads 30,000,000 and dropping fast. Bolts of plasma and lightning are shot off wildly and rip through clouds as I try and slow down. I detect atmospheric abnormalities, luckily this is not permanent damage. I eventually slow down to a stop, I calculated myself to slow down to a complete stop directly above the base where Spitfire is, I deactivate all my jets and let myself fall. I make it to the finish line and activate my jets once more so I hover a few feet above the finish line, the ponies all look at me in awe, I am covered with ash as my face's skin is completely gone showing my under amour, my hair seems to be relatively fine but is on fire. My eyes remain unchanged but return blue as I deactivate my targeting system. My neck is covered with my blood, that blue glowing liquid, it is highly concentrated liquid magic...though I do not know why I have this inside of me...E-error...technical data is inaccessible...

"...Serena...wins..." said Spitfire with a surprised tone. Rainbow Dash flies back here to see me, she too has a shocked expression, tears begin to form in her eyes as she starts to cry.

"I-I must return to the Sirus to conduct a system diagnostic...g-goodbye and sorry for causing you trouble." I say as my face starts to regenerate with my expression being neutral but slightly pained. I hear cheers from all around me, I feel...a strange feeling in my chest...I do a scan of it, all systems normal, but this feeling...it feels...strange... My shield is seen regenerating as blue hexagons glow brightly as my shield recharges to 100% in 10 seconds.

======

Later that day [11:30 AM]

I have done a full system diagnostic, all systems are normal but I may need to look into more advanced breaking systems in the future. I currently stand atop my ship overseeing the progress, my scans pick a new alicorn energy signature, I see her walking towards Shining Armor. She is being escorted by guards, but the appear to be crystal in appearance.

Author's Note:

This is SO unrainbow! Stop dashing so fast!

Yeah I know its a slow recharge time for oversheilds but she's STILL a prototype, so theirs gonna be a few bugs

Time is relative to the motion of the object in reference to the speed of light
Ergo the closer you go to the speed of light the more time and space distorts around you.
Research it yourself if your curious, if you like I can get more into the subject in future chapters.

PreviousChapters Next