• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,859 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,859

PreviousChapters Next
[07] The Ultimate Party Crasher

I stand in the middle of a residential area, Ponies are going to work and give me strange looks. An unknown energy signature is coming up to me from behind fast, I activate my targeting system, and dodge to the left swiftly with a simply thrust of my wings, I face the possible foe...and its Pinkie Pie.

"Hi Serena! I just wanted to tell you I have great party planned for you today at your ship at 5:00 PM!" said Pinkie with a cheerful smile, I deactivate my targeting system.

"I highly advise you do not do that again, what time is it now?" I ask her after the second warning.

"I'll try, oh and it's exactly the 32nd second of 37th minute of the 8th hour of the day!" and with that she left in a pink blur.

"Time set." I set the time to 8:37 AM. I continue to walk around Ponyville for the remainder of the day, ponies see me and continue to give me surprised looks. I did not get social contact with any ponies.

======

During this time

Back at the crash site Luna regains her composure as the pain in her head subsides. "T-tell me robot...who is your master?" she asked to the worker sentinel that floats in front of her.

"That information is classified, but my current superior intelligence commander is Serena, according to protocol I must fallow her orders." said S from one of the sentinels.

"Thats the AI system of the the ship, we call him S." said Shining Armor as he comes into Luna's view.

"...And this AI...it controls these...things?" Asked Luna.

"I don't know how they work but S says that he controls the worker sentinels, their helping us build the temporary wall so I see no harm in letting them help us guard the ship." said Shining Armor. Luna notices a collection of trees and logs being placed around the ship.

"I see...S where is Serena now?" asked Luna.

"She is currently reentering the atmosphere" said S.

The gears start turning in Luna's head, she launches herself from the ground to fly up into the highest reaches of the atmosphere in a matter of minutes, she struggles to control her flight path as the air is too thin to control with precision. She gets a good look of her Moon, the once flat and peaceful Sea of Tranquility has a new crater in it. But that pales into comparison on what she sees in the Ocean of Storms, a large dark crater is seen with long deep cracks, similar to the crater of Tycho but more defined with much deeper, the crater itself is so deep Luna can't see the bottom as it appears to be a dark cave with a large shadow, and will slowly cave in over time due to the weak gravity. Luna notices a small dusty ring is starting to form at the Moon's equator.


(Here's a map for reference)

"With such power...she could have easily killed me...yet she did not..." Said Luna in a hardly recognizable voice due to the low amount of air around her to carry sound waves. Earlier S said that Serena was reentering the atmosphere, and the last time she saw her was her launching herself into the sky. "But to do this to MY Moon! This act is UNFORGIVABLE!" said Luna as her eyes glow white with magical power. "YOU DARE DESECRATE MY MOON! I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DISRESPECT THE NIGHT!" and with that said, Luna flies back down to Ponyville.

======

Back to Serena

I walk towards the Sirus to see most of Ponyville in the cargo bay, they all greet me with cheers, a large banner is hung from the open door, it reads "Welcome to Ponyville" strange how they actually managed to get a banner large enough to be hung over a door the size of a football field. Inside is the party itself, with makeshift tables made from crates covered with table cloths toped with sweets. "WELCOME TO PONYVILLE SERENA!" they all cheered to me with gleeful expressions of happiness, I activate my targeting system and fire homing lasers off into the sky and set them to explode in mid air, creating a colorful display of powerful energy blasts. I deactivate them, fly into the cargo bay and and greet the party guests, I'm not really much for partying. After a few minutes of partying however the Sirus picks up Luna fling towards the ship at alarming speeds.

"Warning, Princess Luna has entered Ponyville airspace, magic build up detected, caution is advised." said S from the intercom loud enough to be heard by everypony in the party. Luna lands with a small impact crater, sending dust everywhere around her, she looks up from the crater with rage in her eyes, but this time its much more intense than before, the once midnight blue fur is replaced with pitch black, her eyes are nightmarish as they glow white, black and even green.

"HOW DARE YOU DAMAGE MY MOON! YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DEVIOUSLY DONE!" yelled the princess of the night as attempts to enter the cargo bay to hit me, I lunge at her with a mace being generated by my energy emitters in my hands, I push her back and throw her off in the distance, she recovers shortly, I exit the cargo bay and activate my targeting system.

"S, close the cargo bay doors, and keep the ponies safe!" I said, the doors close but not before 6 ponies exit, they are the 6 ponies from before.

"Luna! what are you doing!?" yelled Twilight in concern, I detect a spike in energy in all six ponies, but I keep my sights on Luna.

"That WITCH blew holes in my Moon! AND SHE WILL DIE FOR HER ACTIONS!" Yelled Luna as she fires a beam of unknown energy at me, scans read that this could possibly be a threat to me, I start to circle Luna at an increasing speed, I stop accelerating at 9,500 MPH and fire homing lasers at Luna with 50% power set to plasma. Luna attempts to block the beams with a force field but she realizes that her barriers can't resist them after a few hits, so she flies up to try and get some distance from me, I fallow her and continue to circle her and fire beams at her, she tries to dodge by taking sharp turns and change her direction, but I keep on her, she stops and releases a massive shockwave of energy, this sends me back a few feet but I fly right at her to hit her with my fists.

"If you continue your hostile intent towards me I will not hold back any of my abilities to kill you as you are now a danger to society." I lie knowing that I do not need to use my trump card.

"It will be a cold day in Hell before I consider you a friend of mine." said Luna as she spits out a bloody tooth.

"Hmmmm...thanks for the idea, I'll keep that in mind, but you might come down with a sudden case of freezer burn first." as soon as I finish that sentence I aim both arms at her and fire several large wads of napalm at Luna from the CRGGs, it sticks to her fur as she struggles to fly in place before she could fly away, I fire a single beam of energy at her from my wings, she bursts into vary bright yellow and white flames that stick to her body, she screams in pain as she is burning alive. I wait for about 10 seconds, I fly above her and set my CRGGs to freeze at max power, I fire a single beam that hits Luna. Luna is encased in a large chunk of ice and falls to the ground below, when she hits the ground the ice shatters leaving Luna with open burn wounds and yet she is burning up in some areas while freezing in others. I land with a thud next to her.

"I am only your enemy if you are hostile to me, have I fired my neutrino cannons at you even at 10% charge you would have died swiftly, I highly advise you leave before you do anything else that is highly ignorant when you fully recover...I expect you to let your scars be a reminder not to threaten me." I say to her as I look down upon her swollen bloody face as my tone changes from commanding to dark. The look in her eyes are one of pain, regret, and sorrow. The 6 ponies only look at me in horror at what I have done. I...start to feel sad. I don't even notice a single tear fall from my eye. Their is only a deathly silence that fills evening the air for the next 37 seconds, the sky is dim from a long day as the sun has already set but the sky is still lit in the the evening twilight. After this however only Twilight is brave enough to approach me.

"Why?" she asked as tears start to form in her unreasonably large eyes.

"This was the second time she tried this...but...this time...something was wrong with her..." I reply.

"I'll take her to the hospital!" yelled Dash as she genteelly picks up Luna and carries her to the hospital once more.

"I'm...so sorry...I....didn't want to half to do that...but I needed to incapacitate her before she could do that to me." I say as I turn to face Twilight.

"But you let her hit you with her magic before...what was so different this time?" asked Twilight as she slightly recollects herself.

"Her power was dark and twisted...and many times more powerful than her base form, if I gave her the chance she could have done the same to me if I wasn't fast enough. And yet...I could see tears of sadness in her eyes earlier." I say as I look as the center of the pile of ice shards where Luna was laying earlier.

"I...don't know what to say...if what you say is true than you actions are justifiable...but why would Luna attack you with such power?" asked Twilight as she realizes Luna's out of character behavior.

"She said that I desecrated her Moon, earlier today I tested out my neutrino cannons at full power on the moon to prevent the loss of life, but knowing I created a small ring system around the Moon and two very deep craters I may need to use the planet Mercury instead of the Moon. What is the connection between the Moon and Princess Luna?" I ask as I deploy my cannons and aim them down to show Twilight what they are. Twilight's friends walk up to me slowly.

"Luna is the princess of the night, she rises and lowers the Moon every night." explained Twilight.

I look at the Moon in the sky, To my complete surprise these stars do not match what I saw earlier when I was in space, the near by galaxy is gone when it should clearly be visible. "Impossible, the Moon is already in the sky, also these stars are not real." I say as I detect a vast illusion spell in the sky.

"Princess Celestia raises the Moon when ever Luna's late for it...w-wait what? What do you mean these stars are fake?" said Twilight as she is completely surprised by my statement.

"When I was in space their was a large galaxy that is very close to ours, scans indicate that it is stationary for some reason." I say to the utterly shocked pony princess. She just stands their motionlessly looking at the sky with no emotion out of the amount of shock that everything Equestria knew about the universe around them could be wrong.

"I think you broke her." said Rarity after a few moments of silence.

"it just aint right..." said Applejack as she wishes this was solved peacefully.

"Dose this mean the party's cancelled?" asked Pinkie.

Author's Note:

Holy shit! napalm! fucking NAPALM! that shit's gonna burn through your SOUL!
Theirs a reason why that shit was BANNED for use in warfare.
But I love me a good overkill...and she didn't even go all out...but who shall challenge her that is actually a serious threat?

...Soon...that will be revealed...and the angel's greatest nightmare will come...and hell will fallow

PreviousChapters Next