• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,859 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,859

PreviousChapters Next
[05] High Velocity Stormfire {PROXIMITY WARNING}

The time is still unknown but the sun is beginning to rise above the horizon. I continue to slowly accelerate seeing this energy form around me in a mach cone shape as I go faster. My speedometer reads 9,999 MPH, once I hit 10,000 though the energy that formed around me releases in a massive shockwave of unknown destructive energy, my speed suddenly doubles to 20,000 MPH and the sky starts turn from dark blue to black, not losing my momentum I turn around and fly back to the planet below, for the sake of science I fly into the center of the rainbow shockwave. I enter the center of the blast only for my speed to be doubled to 40,000 MPH, my proximity warning goes off seeing I am under 1,000 feet and dropping fast from the surface at a nose dive going thousands of miles per hour, I pull up with ease, ripping through the air and obliterating any clouds in my path. I start to circle the crash site at this speed creating controlled wind storm, the massive air pressures I create crush the air into clumps forming clouds, in a matter of seconds I have created a vary fast rotating storm cloud, like a controlled hurricane it thunders loudly in the morning air above the crash site. I activate my targeting system, making my eyes turn blood red as my HUD lights up to increase my perception and combat data.

I start to scan the ground below as I circle over the crash site in the controlled storm. Large bolts of lightning form in my wind storm ready to strike down anything it touches with the correct charge. The life forms below near the crash site hide under tree cover, making sure my wind storm powerful winds do not interfere with the surface I target a collection of life forms that are attempting to damage my ship from the forrest. They appear to be human shaped but have goat legs, my database indicates these life forms resembles minotaurs, but these are wearing suits of armor that resemble that of midlevel knights. I fire my homing lasers from my wings set to 2% power at them and set to the appropriate charge to attract lightning, they all hit their targets, making their armor attract lighting they are continuously struck with powerful bolts of lightning, after 4 strikes their life signs disappear. I slow down to a complete stop in a matter of seconds in the eye of my storm, it dissipates into the void of the deep blue sky, the Sun is just over the horizon now. I scan the area around my ship once more to find a large wolf made of what looks like wood, it attempts to through trees at me, I dodge them effortlessly, seeing that I never actually tested out the neutrino cannons I deploy one of them and aim it at the wolf. I charge it to 10%, in a single second all the air around me is crushed against the base of my cannon, sending me back a few inches as it releases a white beam of neutrinos at the target, it explodes in a huge ball of fire and causing a small forrest fire surrounding an impact crater.

My scans indicate the fire will spread to the town soon, I fly in closer and aim at the fire with my two CRGGs on my wrists and set the projectile type to cryogenic. I spin up the CRGGs and fire small projectiles at the trees that are on fire, upon surface contact an explosion of ice freezes the H2O in the atmosphere and covers the trees in a thin layer of ice, after a few minutes of putting out fires I fly back up to scan the area surrounding the ship, I locate Princess Celestia and a squad of guards standing near the cargo bay doors I used to exit the ship earlier but no other life forms seem to be around the ship. With my objective completed I decide to fly down to Celestia to greet her and her guards.

"Hello." I say to them, my eyes turn back to blue as they all look at me with shocked expressions.

"Wow....you make Rainbow Dash look slow..." said a white pony with blue hair, he approaches me. "My name's Shining Armor, the princess put me in charge of your guards, we are here to protect your ship from potential threats." he explained.

"Though from the looks of it you don't seem to need the protection..." said Princess Celestia.

"Negative, when I am preoccupied on missions, delicate scientific research, or social events it would be wrong of me to leave. I do not have much data referring to close quarters combat, and your guards have skill in that field of combat. Analysis indicates that using my new attack "Stormfire" may prove to be too destructive to use near a populated area, but I must ask, when I reach the speed of exactly 10,000 miles per hour my speed doubled along with a large shockwave, do you know anything about this?" I asked, curious if she knows anything.

"its called a sonic rainboom, until now, Rainbow Dash was the only pony capable of such speeds." the Princess explained.

"I see...we will need to discuss this on a later date. I have secured the location of hostiles around the Sirus." I said, noting the guards.

"Right than, I'll leave you in charge Shining, do anything she asks until I say otherwise." said Celestia. He gives a solute and she flies off to a carriage ironically pulled by ponies.

"What are your orders?" asked Shining, ready to do my bidding.

"Find any fallen trees on the ground and make a small but defendable wall around the ship, my ship is equipped with a fully functioning mining laser, but it can't be used as it is barred under rock and dirt, I need to have at least 50,000 tons of titanium to build the permanent wall for the fortress." I say only to receive a surprised look from the captan.

"YOU HEARD HER BOYS! MAKE US A WALL!" yelled Shining to his guards, the all solute and spread out to look for fallen trees

"Finding titanium may take a while...Equestria doesn't have enough to make a single armored carriage." said Shining.

"The Sirus has advanced scanning array that can be used to look for minerals." I say as I face the Sirus and Wirelessly activate the scanners to scan the ground within 1000 miles.

"5 titanium deposits detected, the nearest is at the foot of that mountain, no settlements are in the area." I say as get the mineral data and point to a mountain off in the distance, my vision zooms in to find it is surrounded by large sharp rocks with many cave systems.

"I'll inform the Princesses of this." said Shining.

"I have deployed 200 worker sentinels to help build the temporary wall, farewell for now, I shall return to check up on the progress in 3 days." I say as I fly off towards Ponyville while the cargo bay doors open and worker sentinels exit to assist building up the temporary defenses. My scans pick up another life form with a similar energy signature than Twilight and Celestia, I land in the middle of what would appear to be a park, I see a hospital. I walk down a path that leads to the hospital, passing by a few ponies who give me a few strange looks, some out of fear and other out of wonder. I make it to the hospital and stand in front of it, I see a large blue pony walk out of it, she has wings and a horn like Twilight and Celestia, she also has a mane similar to Celestia but it looks like the night sky, she notices me with rage in her eyes, I detect energy build up in her horn, I activate my targeting system, my eyes turn blood red and flair 6 of my wings, keeping my cannons down.

"DIE DEAMON!" she yells with a rather loud voice, she fires a beam of strange energy. I recall that combat data that the Sirus gave me about Celestia attempting to break in from earlier, given that my shielding is more powerful than the Sirus I do not dodge. The blue beam hits me, I am unfazed by this. My shields flare up and can be seen as tiny glowing hexagons that surround me. She stops firing after 3.6 seconds.

"You are incapable of killing me. I am not an enemy." I say to the enraged life form. A few ponies gather around the scene, seeing that this could case a loss in civilian life I launch myself into the air. The pony chases me and fires beams of energy at me as I fly through the town at ground level, dodging ponies that were likely on their way to get breakfast. I am in a populated area so she cannot attempt to fire back at me, but seeing that she has wings and a horn and only royalty seems to have these extra limbs in combination she must be as well. I decide to not fire my homing lasers at her and continue the hot pursuit through the town. I fly above the buildings and let her chase me to Twilight's castle in an attempt her authority may change her current mental state as she begins firing at me. I set my corse to a direct collision with the front doors, they are ripped from their hinges, I fly down the hallway and stop inside the meeting room where Twilight and her friends we're earlier, only Twilight, Spike and Starlight are in there now, they all look at me with shock I seem to have interrupted their breakfast, I change my positioning towards the door, and ready for close quarters dodging.

"Serena! What do you think your doing!?" yelled Twilight.

"I walked towards a hospital and a dark blue pony with wings and a horn attacked at me and attempted to subdue me, I have not shown hostilities towards her." I say quickly before she enters the room, I set my CRGGs to high powered stun.

"Set phasers to stun!" I say to her in my first attempt to make a joke, my CRGGs spin up and fire concussive beams of electricity, she attempts to doge but I track her movement, she crashes into the wall and gets hit by my beams, she is now stunned, twitching on the floor. My eyes return to blue as my targeting system is deactivated.

"What did you do!?" said Twilight in a panic.

"I stunned her, she was acting alarmingly hostile towards me so I lead her here to stun her and so I can escape before she recovers. I hope you can change her strong negative emotions towards me. Goodbye." I say as I fly out of the castle before she could reply.

======

Point of view: 3rd person

Luna recovers and gets back to her hooves, she notices Twilight "Twilight? Why did the demon not take you?" she said with slight confusion.

"Luna...that was Serena, she's an alien robot and we already established a truse with her. She's our friend." said Twilight.

"W-what? But it attacked us! We need to defend our selves!" said Luna as she imagines Serena murdering innocent fillies.

======

Meanwhile at the Ponyville school house Cheerilee is seen just outside, to her surprise she sees Serena sitting quietly on the grass holding a flower in an attempt to attract a near by butterfly.

======

"I don't think we should be worried about that, she's built for long range combat, but she's vary nice. Why don't you give her a chance?" explained Twilight. Starlight thought to mention that she almost killed her but thought against it as it would not help her situation.

"Did you not see that display of power in the sky not but a few minutes ago!? She must be stopped!" said Luna in protest.

"We just got a letter from Shining Armor saying that she was securing the area around her ship, so she got rid of a few thieves." said Spike as he points to the later on the table.

"Shining Armor? Where is he now?" Asked Luna as she begins to calm down but is still skeptical.

"At the crash site overseeing the defensive perimeter around the ship." explained Twilight.

"So my sister was here...and she is?" asked Luna.

"She went back to Canterlot to call in a meeting of the nations." said Starlight before she takes a bite out of a flower.

"I see...it would be best if to apologized to her than...e-excuse me." said Luna slowly before she walks out.

======

Point of view Angel Class Sentinel Type Alpha "Serena"

Just after she left.

I fly away from the castle and make my way to the other side of town, I slow down to 5 MPH as I approach what looks like a school house. I land softly on the ground and look down, feeling a small spark of emotion. "So much death...w-why must their most always be death..." I say with a small sense of sadness, I get down on my knees, after a few silent seconds I pick up a white flower and smell it, it smells nice. I see a butterfly flying near by, I move the flower up towards the butterfly trying to get it to land on it. An energy signature the size of a pony lights up on my KE tracker, I turn my head to the left and see another pony, this one however has a calm but curious expression on her face.

"Hello there, are you the one from that spaceship that fell from the sky earlier?" she said calmly as she walks towards me.

"Yes." I say

"My name is Cheerilee, I'm the teacher of this school house." said Cheerliee.

"it is nice to meet you miss, I am the Angel Class Sentinel Type Alpha, Serena." I say in response.

"Well that's quite a mouth full, do others call you just Serena?" she asked.

"Yes." I said as a few more ponies come up on my close range KE tracker, they are smaller than the others, I assume they are children. I see a few small ponies walk up to the school, one by one they notice me.

Author's Note:

Here's a few fight scenes to ease your thirst for violence as Serena dominates the competition with GLORIOUS SCIENCE!
I assure you, their is still many more firefights to come...this rabbit hole goes miles deep and we have only gone down a few inches.

PreviousChapters Next