• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,853 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,853

PreviousChapters Next
[04] 56% History Lesson 44% Errors

"Remain calm ponies! This visiter is not our enemy! But our newest ally!" said Celestia in a commanding tone to keep the ponies at ease. They all look at me with fear and curiosity at me and my allied life form companions leave the crash and walk by them. I fold up my wings at to not seem as intimidating and knowing they should only be flared when in combat. The neutrino cannons fold up with the joints folding down to be parallel form each other, the cannons point down to the ground. We all head to a large crystal tree, the top of it seems to resemble an artistic star, but structural damage is detected on the top, it is clearly in prices as shards of crystal both big and small can be seen scattered in the direction where the Sirus is. Once we leave the door closes behind us.

"Oh my did the Sirus crash into your castle?" asked Rarity noticing the damage.

"Well I was in the middle of sleeping but the crash woke me up." said Twilight.

"Talk about a rude awakening." said Rarity in response.

"Why not eye candy?" replied Pinkie as she references an abridged series, no one gets the reference. The rest of the walk to the castle wasn't vary eventful other than ponies just starring at me with mixed reactions. Once inside we all enter a large room made of crystal with a table and a map in the center with what looks like tree roots decorated with ornaments hanging from the ceiling. Two new life forms enter the room, one resembles a baby dragon and the other is a unicorn like Rarity. I detect a distortion the the fabric of space time in this room.

"Cosmic distortion detected, initializing in deep scan..." my scans indicate that the new pony, the dragon and Twilight have all traveled through time. Mental scans of the new pony indicate she has attempted to alter history with selfish intentions, a major violation in the time travel laws. My eyes turn blood red as I activate my targeting system, I do not flare my wings or deploy any weapons, I turn my head to Twilight.

"You have a lot of explaining to do time traveller." I say to Twilight, she looks at me with slight surprise.

"W-what do you mean?" she said nervously, I squint my eyes slightly at her in suspicion, but the baby dragon interrupted this, at that moment I turn back to the target.

"Woah, is that the alien from the space ship!?" it said, the gender of the dragon is most likely male. Celestia notices my change in eye color and decides to introduce the them.


"Serena, this is Spike, he is Twilight's assistant, and that is Starlight Glimmer, she is Twilight's student." explained the princess of the sun. Starlight notices I'm looking at her, and sees my eyes, she feels a sense of fear, like she should run, now.

"H-heeey...you..." said Starlight, too scared to make a sudden move, smart. I walk over to the table as the ponies sit in chairs that have the same symbols on them as their tattoos. I do not take my eyes off Starlight as all my homing lasers are locked on and ready to fire on her standing on the other side of the room in a doorway.

"My scans indicate you have committed crimes against the fabric of reality, how do you plead?" I say with no emotion as I am not able to do so. Every one is surprised at my statement, all except the time travelers in question.

"W-what do you mean? I'm not evil." Starlight said in her defense.

Twilight realizes that I must be preparing to kill her and says quickly "She used a magic scroll to travel through time! its gone now! And everything want back the way it was!" she blurted out. Rainbow Dash takes note of the situation and hovers near me, ready to make an attempt to stop me if I go through with the action, it would be futile.

"Do you still have the power to travel through time?" I asked as the others start to look worried.

"No...the scroll gave us that power and we lost it...it was sucked into oblivion." said Starlight in hopes that nothing bad will happen.

"...If I detect a slight change in the amount of chronon particles that surround you, I will kill you swiftly." I say as my eyes return blue and deactivate my targeting system. I hear a few sighs of relief behind me.

"W-well I guess its good we don't have the scroll than right?" asked Twilight me nervously.

"If you did than I would have detected it by now and would have destroyed it, along with Starlight...I do not wish to harm others if others will feel sad...but I must fallow protocol...." I say in a more calm tone that silently descends into sadness.

"I hope so as well...I don't want to fight you..." said Celestia in a reliving tone. Spike sits down in a smaller chair next to Twilight, Starlight stands by Rainbow Dash as she gets back in her chair as well.

"Well! Now that the whole death threat thing is over why don't we begin?" said Pinkie trying to get every pony off the subject of death.

"Agreed, now...Serena...could you tell us about where your from?" asked Twilight.

"I was created in a starship called the Island of Solitude by a...error...m-my historical data seems to be corrupted..." I said trying to recall the data from my database.

"Corrupted? What do you mean by that?" asked Rarity.

"I am an artificial intelligence, and as such I am run on a complex microscopic computer system, the components that make up my system need to be small so their can be more room inside my head for processing power, some of my data seemed to have been deleted by an unknown force." I explain.

"Tell us more about what happened to you, I understand if you don't want to tell us." said Celestia.

I try recall what happened to me, but to no avail. "That data seems to be corrupted as well." I say to the ponies.

"Alright, than what CAN you tell us?" said Dash impatiently.

"How long are the years and days on this planet?" I ask only to met with a few questioning looks.

"24 hour long days and 365 day long years with the occasional leap year." said Celestia.

"I was built for high speed long range combat in air and space over 902 centillion years ago. Not long after I was built I was put into hyper stasis until what I imagine was a week ago. The data depicting the reasoning behind this is corrupted. I was woken up to be updated with the current weapon's technology and then be tested. I never completed the weapon testing. That is when my memory becomes corrupted so I do not know why I never completed it...only that their was...s-so much death involved...n-not by me b-but by something else...s-something like me...but not me..." I say as my voice changes from soft to slightly disturbed. For the first time in my life I make a facial expression as I look down, it was horror...complete and utter horror, and yet I do not know why. An eire silence fills the room as the ponies that surround me can't even imagine what may have happened at the weapons testing facility.

"I'm...so sorry for your loss..." said Celestia. I look up and snap back to reality.

"Y-yes, thank you mam." I say as I recollect myself.

"N-now I suppose we should talk about your stay here, do you plan on leaving this planet?" asked Twilight.

"The Sirus is not equipped with a multiversal positioning system and the warp drive is heavily damaged. If I were to attempt to find my allies, it would be futile." I say to them.

"What will you do now?" asked Celestia.

"Stay here to commence weapons research along with help defend against logical threats to life forms until the Sun exhausts all of its hydrogen fuel and dies. After that I suppose I could wander the stars." I say as I mark the objectives in my directives.

"Wait...until the sun dies...what do you mean?" asked Rainbow concerned for Celestia's wellbeing, along with everyone else including Celestia herself.

"On my way here I told the Sirus to scan the Sun, it is a middle aged, average mass star. Age: 4.6 billion. Mass: 1.989 × 10^30 kilograms. Radius: 432,288 miles. Stars are powered by the element of hydrogen and are mostly composed of that element, at a star's core a process called nuclear fusion takes place, in which atoms collide to form heavier elements such as helium. Eventually the sun will run out of fuel and turn into a red giant, this will increase its size many times as the core slowly destabilizes, after some time the sun will than slowly fade away until only the core remains, at this stage the star can be referred to as a small white dwarf star typically the size of the planet Venus." I say as I explain how this type of star works, only to get a confused reactions by everyone except for Celestia, Twilight, and Starlight who listen to every word, with Pinkie just smiling.

"How...long do I have?" said Celestia, strange how she would say that about herself when she is not the Sun.

"You are not the Sun, but the Sun will cause this planet to be uninhabitable in 2 billion years and will fade away into a white dwarf in 4." I say to answer her question, earning a few sighs of relief.

"So...you plan on building weapon technology? Why?" Asked Starlight in concern.

"The Sirus stores enough ammunition to wipe out all life on the plant many times over but I do not have many ways to defend the ship other than myself, So I will need to build a fortress around my ship as well as a landing platform inside it for future space missions as well as defending the technology within, if the weapons on board fell into the wrong hands the results would be catastrophic, so I need to build defenses to kill targets who are a threat to the scientific research and machines within and for the foreseeable future." I say earning a few worried expressions.

"We may need to call a meeting of the nations about this...given your presence here this could cause mistrust in other countries if we do not publicly announce your existence, and given you ship's size we may need to ask help from other nations to build your fortress. Our planet is not ready to use the weapons you have access too so I don't want to ask my scientists how they work." said Celestia coming up with a plan for the near future. Twilight feels saddened as she will not get the chance to find out how this new technology works, but she perks up as she comes up with an idea.

"Can you give us technical data about the the technology that aren't weapons?" asked Twilight hopefully.

"Yes." I say as I see no harm in teaching these ponies how radio waves work, along with clean and efficient energies.

"Than its settled than. I'll arrange the meeting and contact you when I get more information, I'll send in a squad of guards to defend your ship until you can get defenses up. For now I think you should take a look around Ponyville. It should be mourning soon, I need to get back to Canterlot, theirs much to be done." and with that said Princess Celestia left, leaving me with these ponies. One by one however they all left to return home, soon it was only me, Twilight and Starlight, I notice the sunlight is creeping in through the windows, lighting up the dim room a bit more. I walk towards the exit.

"Hay wait up!" yelled Twilight as I see her and Starlight walk up next to me.

"Are you going back to your ship?" asked Starlight.

"Yes, I need to do a parameter sweep of the area to make sure no one is attempting to enter before Princess Celestia's guards show up." I say.

"Oh I'm sure their already there by now, why don't we go and have breakfast first?" suggested Twilight.

"I think it would be in our best interest if I did a proximity sweep just to be safe Twilight." I say as I open the doors. My wings spring up with a "pring!" my neutrino cannons are still pointed down as to provide less drag and additional thrust if I require it. Every one around me hears a humming sound that seems to be combined with the sound of a jet engine and an electric engine, My wings, skirt, and feet light up and I take off into the air faster than they expected, a sonic boom is heard...but to my surprise I detect a strange but colorful energy build up around me as I pick up speed going straight up.

Author's Note:

Centillion
Hyper Stasis

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

The sonic rainboom...ever wonder how it work? Well...things are about to get...rainbow-rific!

PreviousChapters Next