• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,858 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,858

PreviousChapters Next
[34] Epilogue

VALeRY

The ponies and angels stare into the vast ruined nebula caused by the high speeds that have just transpired with in it. I however complete hooking up with the ship's system and do a full system diagnostic of the Innovation.

<<<BEGINING SYSTEM DIAGNOSITC>>>

U.E.H Pure Fire of Innovation

Dark Gravitational Core: 99% [ONLINE] {STABLE}
Emergency Power Cores: 100% [UNUSED] {DEACTIVATED}
Ultradrive: 77% [ONLINE]
Hyper drive: 13% [ONLINE} {USE NOT ADVISED}
Main engine: 82% [ONLINE]
Coolant Engine 1: 34% [ONLINE]
Coolant Engine 2: 33% [ONLINE]
Booster Engine 1: 22% [ONLINE]
Booster Engine 2: 21% [ONLINE]
Booster Engine 3: 20% [ONLINE]
Booster Engine 4: 25% [ONLINE]
Physics Engine Core: 100% [ONLINE]
Sheilding: 2% [CHARGING]
Window Shields: 54% {WARNING! SHIELDS DOWN ON MULTIPLE DECKS!}

*CLOSING AIRLOCKS*
Central Bubble Shield: 76% [CHARGING]
Internal Defense System: 100% [ONLINE]
External Defense System: 98% [ONLINE]
Wand: 100% [ONLINE]
Phase Generator: 100% [ONLINE]
Structural Integrity: 100% [NO DAMAGE]
Sentinel Factory: 100% [ONLINE] {AUTOMATED SHIP REPAIR ACTIVATED}
Life Support: 88% [ONLINE] {WARNING! AIR LEAKS DETECTED}
Comm Tower: 100% [ONLINE]
Gravitation Plates: 69% [ONLINE]
G Force Dampeners: 0% [OFFLINE]
Anti G Force Felid: 1% [ENCHANT CHARGING]
Scanning Array: 85% [ONLINE]
Miscellaneous System: 70%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Level: 80% [STABLE]
Magic Level: 94% [STABLE]
Radiation level: 54% [LEAKING]
Air supply: 81% [SEALED]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star date: <<<NOT RECORDED>>>

Nova flies past the windshield down towards the central bubble shield that contains the artificial dwarf planet. "It doesn't take a genius to figure out what she'll be doing for the next 3 hours." I think to myself as the ship swiftly drifts through the nebulae gently slowing down as gas and dust particles collide with the still charging shield. Now that power is flowing back into the shield, it starts to glow so bright that it can be seen in the visible spectrum of light, letting the lower life forms see the hexagonal shape of the individual shield fragments protecting the ship from the left over radiation from over a billion supernovas and Nova's "starburst" attack. "She seems to have added an extra touch to it this time. It gets the job done I guess, she was always one to make sure her enemies never got back up when she's done with them. I just hope this doesn't end up like the Void Wars..." I think to myself once again with worry. Snapping back to reality I decide to socialize with the intercom.

"The Innovation needs to be temporally decommissioned for repairs. I suggest you go to the Island of Solitude so we can discuss future matters in a more appropriate location." I inform them as I materialize a holographic blue line for them to fallow out of the bridge and into the personal cargo bay behind them.

"Please fallow the blue line." I say calmly.

"Will it go crazy like the Adventure Line?" asks Pinkie.

"This isn't a video game Pinkie...wait how do you know about the Stanley Parable?" I say a bit surprised that she's even aware of Steam games despite the fact that their race hasn't developed computers.

"If you know what's good fer ya, don't ask." says Applejack with a smug look on her face.

"True, I am detecting some unknown magics in her spirit. Buuuut I can analyze her later." I say just as the ponies and the angels reluctantly leave the bridge to enter the long intimidating hallway. The yellow pegasus referred to as Fluttershy shivers a bit at the site of sentinels off in the distance. Oh and only a few layers of photons is preventing her falling to her death even though she can fly.

"W-what is this place?" she asks.

"This is the personal ship bay. Here is where Nova keeps her favorite compact ships she's collected over the years. Currently less then half of the bay is occupied with ships as the rest of the wall space are just empty slots. The ship Necra piloted earlier is parked in this room." I say as they notice the Wasp in one of the garages encased in hard light.

"Is she gonna be alright?" asks Twilight with worry.

"She'll be fine." I say calmly.

"Where is she!? Oooooo I bet she's sending that blood straight to the brig!" yells Rainbow Dash with glee.

"No, I already did that. At the moment she's...well...a bit preoccupied at the moment." I say as my tone changes a nervous one at the thought of what she's doing in her room. If I still had cheeks, I'd be blushing.

"Well? Can we see her? We have SO many questions!" asks Twilight with curiosity oozing from her words.

"I'm 546,001 years younger then her, I think I can answer any question you desire...so long as it's not classified." I say knowing full well that I am the only person to ever beat Nova at a game of chess...that was one hell of a game.

"Where is that Mary Sue exactly?" asks Discord, all this talk of her is starting to annoy me, especially comparing Nova to one of those horrible Mary Sue characters.

"She's in her room masterbating because she most likely broke the speed of causality when we reentered normal space. This was ultimately caused when she entered the ball of energy that was most likely present around Raugna while she was stealing the dimensional energies from the Gateway." I say plainly. The ponies walk silently as some look down in blushed faces as others look puzzled. The angels however look at each other for a moment as Epsilon giggles softly.

"What does energy have to do with the neuron stimulation in her...um...genitals?" asks Twilight, breaking the silence only to make it more awkward.

"As a pureblood, she naturally absorbs energy based attacks. Usually her nuron suit controls this but the enchants must have been damaged while she was fighting Epsilon. Let me guess, she showed you that she can regenerate her limbs?" I ask Epsilon who looks up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, she...let me cut off her arm." says Epsilon a bit sorrowful by what she once was, a monster.

"Well that would just about do it. Typical, then again she DOES know how to get the job better then anyone I know." I say nonchalantly. "Anyways if their energy absorption isn't regulated then it can put them at a major disadvantage in battle if they haven't mentally trained for it. As I'm sure you're already imagining, yes. Purebloods do indeed get sexually aroused by energy and magic based attacks as it adds to their power." I continue as I inform them of one of the few weaknesses of the purebloods race.

"Where are you?" asks Rairty. I materialize my hard light avatar by her side with out her noticing. I tap her ear to startle her. She jumps back and squeals for a moment.

"Oh! Don't scare me like that darling." says Rairty as she collects herself. I smirk and back away, as if gravity does not effect my hard light form. Some of the ponies and I giggle at this.

"Oh? I thought it was fun to scare little ponies?...it totally is." I playfully tease her as I suddenly change my accent to sound like a teenager from Beverly Hills on Earth 1 with in the years of 2000 and 2030. She walks to the side away from my as she rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"My core is a few hundred miles under you right now. Located deep inside of the ancient starship called the Island of Solitude. That's where I'm taking you...Speaking of which this is taking too long." I say just as I disable the microscopic friction bumps on the shield and change the room's gravity settings to make them slide across the long hard light floor towards the end of the room. Twilight attempts to slow them down but I cast a magic nullifying spell around her horn. Discord and Pinkie slide past them all as they scream "Weeeeeee!"

"Don't worry ladies, I'll make sure you don't bump into anything. This is a big room after all." I say to comfort them, if has little effect. After a few minutes of them attempting to balance on their hooves as they slide down towards the end of the room I reactivate the microscopic friction bumps on the hard light floor as I reset the gravity back to normal. They all slow to a halt as they fall down a bit worn out.

"Don't...do that..." says Rarity as she catches her breath.

"I think it was fun." says Necra with a smile, Serena looks at her for a moment. To any, they would see little emotion, but as the only functioning MEAI still alive, I can easily tell she is developing complex emotions. They snap out of their stupor when they notice the large wall before them that meets up with the hard light floor. What lies before them is a large half circle door that is etched with circuitry on the wall that surrounds it. Some of those lines glow red as others glow orange, but a large portion of these glowing lines illuminate them with a light blue hue. All of them meet up with the door's edge as they reach out in all directions towards the walls perpendicular to it. I open the door as is slides down into the floor to show them the Central Mainframe of the Innovation. The hard light floor thins out into a walkway that curves into a circular platform in the center of the large sphere shaped room. The walls are covered in dim lights that sparkle with dim lights. Holograms of technical information and schematics orbit the center of the dimly lit room. The edges of the hard light floor are lined with Dileoum plated shield limiters that stop the shield from expanding infinitely as well as help keep them stable. Another ring is in betted inside the circular platform that has a large amount of holographic light under it that reaches down into a large hole in the bottom of the room. This light glows blue in most places in the form of hazy blurs, ones inside of zeros, and small curved rectangles that circle the beam of light that connects the platform to the depths of the ship. The orange lights are identical but cracked in a few places, showing apparent damage to the mainframe of the ship. The red lights complement this by appearing more damaged and cracked. A dense fog covers the lower half of the room caused by the vast spaces this room possess and has not been fixed purely for the sake of ambience.

"This is Central Mainframe. It's also useful to the comm tower above you." I say as the objective line points them to the center of the room only to suddenly drop down into the beam of information. The ponies walk into the center of the room and look at the floor, some take in more detail while others are confused to where to go.

"Have a nice flight, I will not supply parachutes." I say, but be before the ponies could react I deactivate the shielding, making them all fall out of the room into a tunnel. The angels glide down in a controlled fall along with Necra and Dash. Twilight rights herself and glides down with them as she uses her levitation magic to straighten the bodies of her non winged friends.

"I can't believe we fell for that again!" yells Pinkie as she flips past Discord who is reading a media magazine.

"I wasn't surprised one bit." says Discord, still keeping his eyes on his magazine.

"Prepare to be surprised then." I say as the tunnel ends right as I finish those words. They are still encased in a data stream yet through the hazy light they can see the vast open space newly revealed to them. They fall towards a huge floating island hovering above a lush eden like planet toped with large forests and rivers flowing down towering mountains. The island however is the most notable thing from their point of view. This island has an oval shaped surface with three mountains in the center of it. One mountain is in the in the exact center and is vaguely cone shaped. The data stream flows into it and is directly under them. On one side of this mountain is another slightly smaller one that hugs it so closely that the land masses are merged half way down. This one has a solid beam of hard light shooting out of it only for it to end abruptly into a spire like sphere with a cross shaped device on top of it and surrounded by a hard light observation platform at its apparent equator. The mountain on the other side of the center one is the smallest of the 3 and takes the form of a flat topped masa with a large turret on it. Yet this turret is far different then the others they have seen. Surrounding the mountains is a heavenly landscape of greenery littered with old ruins. Ancient stone paths encircle the center mountain to cut through the light forests. More stone paths connect them to the mountains. I aim the ponies fall out of the data stream and guide them towards the spire. The momentum of the fall dissipates as the ponies slow to a halt just above the hard light balcony of the spire.

"I-I TOLD you NOT to do that again! You messed up my hair!" yells Rarity as she gets up to attempt to straighten herself with her magic. The spire has a solid gray wall next to them yet a window made of hard light circles around it to arch up to the peak of the dome like structure. This window is clear enough to let them see that the half way up to the tip is a large gyroscopic cockpit like on the Innovation. This one however has a single solid ring of Dileoum around it. The ring has struts coming out of it, flawlessly equidistant to one another to stretch down to the yet to be seen floor inside the building. At the tip of the spire is a large bubble shield generator, yet this one gives off a very strange vibe to them. Under the shield generator is a series of arms tipped with projectors that hang above the cockpit. The shield generator has a strut that lines up with the arch of the hard light shield wall that transfers power into it. The wind blows gently upon my guests as one by one they turn around to see the sight before them. The hard light floor under them is partially transparent, making Fluttershy a bit woozy at first but she soon forgets it when she sees the distant storm clouds overlooking the mountains. The only sounds that can be heard is the wind and the distant rumblings of a raging storm laying waste to a mountainous snowy terrain. The sky arches over them all as the bubble shield that encases the entire planet makes the outside only be partially visible with a foggy blue haze that is actually a thin but ultra hard bubble shield. I materialize my avatar next to Necra and Serena as I look out over the horizon. To our left stands Nova herself, who just stepped out of a time spell to join us. She walks over to the edge of the balcony, the tips of her feet are just over the edge of the Dileoum ring around the railless balcony. Her hands are placed behind her back with all 10 of her regal cybernetic wings flared and ready to fly, yet remain at rest and unmoving. A sudden gust of wind blows against us all yet Nova remains unfazed, looking deep into the scenery before her in thought. She sighs and looks down for a moment. With a smirk she looks back up for a briefly, then turns to our guests.

"So...what do you think?"

PreviousChapters Next