• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,854 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,854

PreviousChapters Next
[31] Falling Through Hyperspace Part 1

"Slayer is as good as dead!" yells Necra with determination in her voice.

"That's what I like to hear!" I say as I smirk at her tenacity.

"Can we use some cool weapons?" asks Dash with stars in her eyes.

"I'll give you a damn mech suit if I half too." I say blankly much to her delight.

"This is gonna be SO awesome!" she yells with glee.

"But how could she pilot such a device?" asks Rarity as she vaguely recalls Spike telling her about one of Twilight's sci fi mangas mentioning a "Gundem" as an advanced type of mech suit.

"Ever seen the Matrix?" I ask her.

"Um...No?" says Rairty with a puzzled expression.

"I have!" says Discord as he materializes sunglasses and a black trench coat on his body, clearly getting the movie reference.

"Good man, I know a spell that injects knowledge into some one else's mind, meaning I can do this." I point my left hand at Dash's head, just as that happens my hand glows white as a beam of light shoots off of it into Dash's mind. Her expression changes to utter shock as her pupils shrink to pin points as a direct result of learning the secrets of existence itself among the countless achievements I have done over the years. She starts to sweat and scream as she clenches her head in pain by the amount of data flowing through her now tortured mind, so much data that her brain starts to swell up against the inside of her skull. She starts to cry horribly as she realizes the countless lives I had to brutally end in order to save countless more. She sees flashes of me fighting against countless foes in spectacular displays of power utilizing dimensional forces unfathomable by the pony mind and using almost any weapon imaginable. One of the enemies stuck out most out of all of them. A dark figure that resembles me in almost every way fighting for a cause that she was forced to believe are her own thoughts. Right before I let go she briefly sees a dark cave chamber with a small pool of unnatural liquid in it , yet she gets the vibe this is nothing like the mirror pool in Equestria...no...something so much worse...something so horribly terrifying that it is beyond the comprehension of even other celestial beings and purebloods, suddenly she sees a hand burst from the pool, as if it broke through a barrier unlike any other. Her vision gets pulled out of her thoughts and back into reality as she begins to forget most of the horrifically complex knowledge she has gained. I retract that data flow but leave the information on how to use a large variety of weapons with in her memories. Her mind heals itself as I cast a healing spell, letting her glow with a faint golden color of healing magic. She stumbles back and blinks a few times to look at me with a scared expression that soon changes to surprised with a hint of confusion as she scrunches up her muzzle.

"W-woah...that was.........j-just bad..." she says as she begins to process the how to use a sniper rifle piloting a mech suit while flying at 90% the speed of light while also compensating for the space time distortion and the distance she would half to take into account while aiming with real accuracy at those speeds. Her friends only stare at her with worry in there eyes.

"Dashie!...are you ok?" asks Pinkie as she runs over to give her a comforting soft hug out of concern fro her friend.

"Y-yeah...I'm just...I...just...feel like...a super egghead now...but in a cool way." she says as she now recalls how to use many more weapons with a large variety of strategies.

"She'll be fine, but just know that the knowledge you have gained can be forgotten over time like any other memory." I inform her.

"This is going to be the most awesome day of my life!" she yells as she loops around in the air with new found confidence, I materialize a sword and throw it at her, only for her to catch it and throw it at me with all her might. I dodge to the left, the sword wisps past me and hits the hard light floor behind me. It bounces off and uncontrollably flips around in the air as it gets converted into ash. As this happens ash is sent in all directions like an exploding snow ball.

"Impressive, I had only had 0.14 seconds to react to that. Were I a pony then I would surely be died from that. You'll make a fine agent, should you and your friends decide to join me when this is over." I say with amusement.

"I'd half to think about that...but we can't let Slayer win! Who's with me!?" she turns to her friends, who looks at us cautiously.

"Keep this debriefing short, we have some enemy ships closing in on us, we should make contact in 11 minutes." says V as she pulls up a timer on the ship's HUD.

"This day just keeps on getting harder doesn't it..." I say with a great sign of disturbance in my voice.

"Well we've been at this game for a long time...so only makes sense. Even if it does gets predicable after a while." says V in a sad tone.

"Yeah yeah I know...fuck they just never give up do they?...Then again...neither do I. The difference is I have a plan for everything." I say as I start to form a plan.

"Surly it involves a little chaos for our terrorist friends?" says Discord as he chimes in with a vest of dynamite strapped to his torso.

"Oh most defiantly! Now, judging from your spiritual signature you're an expert with chaos magic correct?" I ask as I snap my fingers for a winged flying goat that's screaming in pain, yet his voice is soft and gentle. This makes the scream not seem as hurtful but more wrong, the goat's fur is covered with crimson flames. What strikes everyone odd is the fact that this particular goat has oil spewing out of its eyes, the fire lights the oil making this strange display of life even more random as it flies around the room, hitting the floor a few times as it tries to put out the fire on his burning fur. The wings sparkle with electricity and are seemingly composed of small ice crystals. Discord glances at me, then at the goat repeatedly, then smiles gleefully as tears of joy fall from his eyes.

"It's...beautiful..." he says with pure happiness much to everypony else's appalment as they can only stare at the twisted display of torchered life before them.

"You're chaotic nature will be useful for distracting and destroying powerful targets when the enemy gets with in range." I say with a confident tone. Discord solutes like a solder as he materialize a solder's helmet and an evil mustache. The flying fire goat disintegrates as each individual cell starts to rapidly decompose as a direct result of an accelerated aging spell.

"The MASTER of chaos and disharmony is at your disposal!" after he finishes that statement he starts to laugh maniacally.

"Woah woah woah...aren't you going to go over the plan with us?" asks Starlight who steps into the conversation. I shift my eyes to her and give her a neutral expression.

"Did I give you permission to speak bitch?" I say calmly. She frowns and steps away as she looks down with an annoyed look on her face.

"Why must you be so rude to poor Starlight?" asks Rarity with a annoyed tone.

"Because if she ever pulled that time travel stunt in MY empire, she'd be killed by a Zata class angel sentinel before she could even shit herself. But for once..." I start as I turn back to Starlight who looks up with a hopeful look in her eyes despite her expression being slightly gilt ridden.

"...sense you have gained the allegiance of such righteously placed individuals your death will happen out of your own accord...meaning I will give you ONE chance only. This mission is of critical importance and I can NOT afford and fuck ups. And that goes for all of you!" I say as I turn back to the ponies with my arm spread out towards them, making them feel like I am directly addressing them all at once.

"The fate of countless lives are at risk here! For if Slayer manages to trap me here and find a way to stabilize the Empire with out my presence or Homebase Universe then they WILL come back through the Gateway and slaughter everything in their path, INCLUDING Equestria. I know you all must be scared because of what's happened on this crazy day...but the battle nears on this day and may be short and brutal. This may very well be one of the most important days of your lives. You have faced many threats in your past and saved Equestria time and time again but on this day...your names will be forever burned into the hearts of everyone as true heros for aiding me in my time of need. For every great hero can never do what they do best alone. Equestria was only the beginning of your eternal crusade of greatness. On this day you will face many foes who will stop at nothing to kill you. They will not hold back. They will not yield. They will not falter. They will never find redemption like your past foes. We will face many trials on this day...You might not survive, but when has that EVER stoped ANY of you before? Before me I see 7 ponies, a changeling, a celestial being, and two angels. This rag tag team may be just what we need to end this war once and for all. Because if their's one thing they never took into account, it's the Elements of Harmony, the God of Chaos, the perfect sniper, and the redeemed killing machine that THEY stole from me. ALL of you have the will power to overcome those who wish to destroy your way of life. For on this day...your innocence dies...and your reformation into something beautiful will arise...So...I will ask this question again...who...wants...to...save...the MULTIVERSE!?" once I say that last word I spread both my arms and give off the illusion of countless galaxies around us all as they orbit everyone in the room like tiny planets. As I make this speech they all start to realize that they CAN overcome impossible odds. Something I do every few octillion years.

They all cheer with determination, full of confidence that anyone can accomplish seemingly impossible goals. I smirk at this as the illusion of galaxies vanish.

"This will be the day Slayer finally faces justice." I turn to the windshield, gazing into the hyperspace dimension outside.

"You always did have a way with words..." says V in a rather somber tone.

"Whats the plan Nova?" asks Twilight. I turn back to them with a satisfied smile.

"Rainbow Dash will be piloting an archangel with the Elements of Harmony surrounding her while you all enter your super forms. Your job is to kill any targets that come at us from behind. No doubt that Slayer has an entire fleet of ships on our tail that are just now starting to catch up. Discord will defend the front of the ship from any one who attempts to take us head on. Serena and Epsilon will defend the port and starboard sides of the ship. Necra will pilot a fighter ship to fly take down as many threats around the Innovation. And Starlight will be have access to a small mech suit to take down any threats that come aboard the haul of the ship that land on the bow." I say in a commanding tone.

"I moved the fighter and archangel of most combat efficiency in this particular environment into position, both are prepped and ready to pop some heads." says V as she opens two portals behind the group that stands before me. I swiftly turn around and point towards the ceiling.

"Thats my girl! Focus on keeping everyone alive!" I say with a confident tone.

"Aye captan!" she jokes.

"Epsilon...has insufficient power to fight...Are you sure she should help us after what she tried to do?" says Serena as the ponies run through the portals and close behind them. Epsilon however steps toward me as if she knows what I'm about to do.

"Not anymore she doesn't!" I turn around and give off an energy flow to be sent directly into Epsilon's core. Her power starts to return as her body regenerates through a mechanical restoration spell. Her eyes glow dark violate once more but in a more pure sense, giving off the vibe she is more aware of what she is doing. She starts to float off the ground as she charges her wings. The power flow cuts off, making her fall to the ground as she kneels to me once she hits the ground. She slowly rises with a twisted smirk on her face.

"I will make them pay...I will make them ALL pay for what they did to me!" she yells as her body starts to glow violate with dark energy.

"Our battle was an excellent combat test. If you can hold me off and force me to turn super these ships will fall like flies with you out there. Give em hell!" I yell only to give her even more motivation to rip out the pilots of enemy fighters and watch them get flung into the dimensional walls of hyperspace to be shredded by the dimensional friction.

"With pleasure!" as soon as she finishes that statement she lunges to the windshield behind me to break through it. The lack of air pressure creates a powerful gust of wind as the air gets partially sucked out for a moment but it quickly recharges. The back corners of the room start to release some air back into the room to repressurize it. I stare at Serena with a soul piercing glare out of worry.

"Just...don't die out there...ok?" I ask in a motherly tone as I cast a powerful healing spell on her to forcefully stabilize her core. At that notion she materializes her chest plate but her skin between her cleavage is still exposed.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" she asks with a very small hint of annoyance.

"Well that would take the fun out of it." I toy with her.

"Oh you wound me so...but we can talk about it later." she says that first part with sarcasm. I'm a bit surprised that she is even capable of this.

"Right!" I flare my wings and fly to the gyroscopic cockpit to take control of the Innovation. The HUD lights up, giving me a data about the surrounding area. The HUD indicates enemy ships are now with in weapons range. Serena flies past me to burst through the windshield for it to break. The air starts to get sucked out but the shield recharges as the air repressurizes once more.

===

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

The final battle nears...but hey I decided to separate this chapter into two parts sense it was taking too long! Mary Christmas everypony! or what ever holiday you celebrate on this time of year.

PreviousChapters Next