• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,859 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,859

PreviousChapters Next
[02] The Nuclear Option x10

Princess Celestia exits the hospital and stands before the chaos, gazing upon fire...fire was all the princess can see, and in the middle of that massive fire was a something she never thought she'd ever see, an alien starship from outer space. The ship lays in the middle of an open field just outside of Ponyville and next to the Everfree Forrest. The ship was not going fast enough to go vary far on the ground and so not much damage is done to the ground below, excluding the fire. Pegisi surround the ship with water buckets dumping them on the fire from above while unicorns use ice and water spells to keep the fire at bay. The fire glows brilliantly in the darkness of night, its orange glow luminites the area and spews up smoke that reaches far into the sky as it blocks out the moon.

A paper materializes in front of Celestia, the paper seems to be pure white and in much better condition than a typical scroll, as if it was created by a machine. She reads it. "...By my Sun..." she said in shock. Beyond worried the solar princess launches into the sky and flies straight to the ship in an attempt to see what her X student gotten herself into. Approaching the ship, she notices no indication on who it belongs to. She circles around it a few times and sees an opening at the top of the ship, she flies straight into it only to get comically smacked by the force field.

Back in the robotics lab the voice speaks once more. "Target life form has been detected attempting to enter the bridge."

"Princess Celestia!" said Twilight in relief. "Did she make it inside?"

"Negative, targ-" said the voice to be interrupted by what sounds like thunder sound coming from outside.

"Target is using deadly force, scanning threat level...threat level 6 initializing in deep scan...scan complete, mental status: worry, fear, anger. Target is incapable of breaking shields and haul, barrier of magic how do we proceed?" said the voice, as it talks an image of Celestia's insides appears on the monitors showing her current biological status. Twilight and the others were surprised that the voice knew about the Elements of Harmony.

"I want you guys to stay here." said Twilight in a determined voice.

"No way!" said Dash in protest.

"No! She's just worried about us, if I can get up there and talk to her maybe she'll calm down and help us." said Twilight to persuade her troubled friend.

"I must admit I've never seen her like this, but Twilight may have a point dear." said Rarity. Twilight nods and runs to the gravity lift, the door opens and lets her in.

"Take me to where Celestia is." said Twilight to the voice. In response however she is lifted up a few meters, the floor forms under her as she falls a few inches and runs forward into a large room. She stands upon a platform of hard light over a dark silver floor, the walls are black with gray lines connecting to the window at the other side of the room, the window itself seems to end about half way into the side walls however they appear to be made of the same material she is standing on now, hard light, but the windows appear to be much clearer and not blue. The platform she stands on grows thinner as it reaches the other side, at the end of the platform is a ring platform that inside the ring is a series of light gray rings with a blue glowing light in the center, Twilight notices the hard light window at the end of the room has a few red blinking lights. On the other side however Celestia is trying to break the shield with a laser coming from her horn.

"Is there a way I can contact her from here!?" said Twilight as she runs to the edge of the platform, but keeping away from the light gray rings in the center.

"The intercom can be used to to communicate to anyone on or around the ship, analysis indicates it will be heard with in a 12 mile radius of the ship at max power." said the voice to inform Twilight of the result of using it.

"Can you lower the power so that only she can hear it?" said Twilight as not wanting to scare everypony more than they already are.

"Affirmative, recalibrating...calibration complete." said the voice only trying to be helpful.

"I'm ready." said Twilight as she looks at the window in sorry.

"Activating in 3...2...1" said the voice, activating the intercom as it finishes.

"Princess Celestia! It's alright we're fine!" said Twilight with the intercom being head by Celestia on the outside.

She stopes firing and flies up to the window where she can see Twilight inside, she tries to say something but Twilight can't hear her from outside.

"Can you let her in from here?" asked Twilight in hopes that her long time friend can be eased of worry. As a response the hard light shield acting as a window vanishes to both of the mares surprise.

"Twilight...are you ok?" Said Celestia, as she flies to her, she looks back for a second to see the window is back, trapping her inside.

"I'm fine Princess, but why were you firing a laser at the ship?" asked Twilight out of curiosity of why her former mentor was taking such drastic measures.

"It's...I-I'm just happy your safe...do you know anything about whats going on here?" said Celestia as she calms down.

"No, but my friends are waiting for us below...we kinda have a situation." said Twilight as her tone changes to a nervous one.

"I trust your judgement...but are you sure its safe?" said Celestia as they both walk to the gravity lift.

"Well if we do nothing than Equestria will be destroyed, but I'm sure we'll get this done now that your here." said Twilight, relived that her X mentor is here

Celestia giggles "And you couldn't fix it yourself?"

"By the time I knew how dangerous it was, I was already inside the ship...and I doubt my books would help in this situation" said Twilight as she realizes theirs no way any of her books could have any information on dark energy cores, as the concept of dark energy itself is only been theorized by very few of Equestria's top minds, let alone make it into a power source.

"I see..." said Celestia as she understands what Twilight is trying to say. They enter the gravity lift.

"Take us to the robotics lab." said Twilight. as a result and to Celestia's surprise the floor under them disappears and both of them are slowly pulled down until a floor appears under them.

"Well...that was...new" said Celestia, noting the sense of weightlessness she just had coming down.

"I have a feeling we're gonna get a lot of that now." said Twilight as she enters the robotics lab. Celestia gasps at the sight of this new technology. She sees Twilight's friends all around the dismembered Angel in the center of the room, and notices the 8 wings spread out behind the frame thats holding her up.

"Wow" was all she could say, this breaks the silence and all the ponies look at her.

"Hey princess" said Dash casually.

"And hello to you as well girls...now...this thing needs our help?" said Celestia approaching the sentinel.

"Oh hay! Whats your name anyways Mr. Voice?" said Pinkie as she looks up at the ceiling.

"I am the automated system program S97 of the mining/military Hybrid Class Starship Sirus" said the "dumb" AI.

"I'll call you S!" said Pinkie cheerfully.

"Nick name accepted" replayed S.

"So your an AI?" asked Twilight.

"I do not have a personality matrix and have limited cognitive abilities, but yes." said S in response to her question

"How do you know what that thing is?" asked Dash in suspicion.

"I read a few sci fi books when I was in the human world." said Twilight proudly. Celestia looks at the holograms that display the core status.

"The information on these monitors show that the core needs to be replaced, but that raises 2 questions. What do we do with the old core and where can we find a new one?" Asked Celestia to S.

"Calculating method...method found. The Sirus has an empty battery that is used for emergency power. If the unstable dark energy core is put inside the battery the corrosive magic will destroy the core and the resulting fallout will recharge it." said S as a strange floating robot enters the room from seemed like a large vent in the wall. The gray floating robot is has a blue light in the center with 2 large arms folded next to that make a V shape as it approaches the ponies, its body is small and oval yet sharply angled. It floats near by ready to assist.

"And just who are YOU suppose to be!?" said Dash as she aggressively approaches the Worker Sentinel.

"A Worker Sentinel, these are used to work on given tasks commanded by a central intelligence, currently 1,000 are aboard the Sirus" said S in response.

"Is their another dark energy core we can use as a replacement?" asked Twilight the voice.

"All supplies needed for the repairs are on the ship but a life form with much precision in levitation magic is required to handle the core transfer." said S as two pedestals come out of the floor next to each other near the frame that holds the angel sentinel. One of them holds a dark energy core, it's a small ball object with a hexagonal frame that seems to be made of an ultra hard black material. In the center of it is a blue and violet sphere of light, surrounded by what looks like small tesla coils attached to the frame in a hexagonal pattern aimed at the sphere of light and rings that orbit the violet light, upon closer inspection it looks like a tiny galaxy is inside it as the light itself seems to bend around the entire sphere of light. Twilight approaches it to get a closer look but dares not to touch it. The other pedestal is similar than the other but no dark energy core is on it but looks like thats where she can put the other one.

"Wow...its so beautiful..." said Twilight as she stares at the core's brilliant technological complexity.

"Twilight...you should do it" said Celestia only to met by a few gasps.

"W-why me?" asked Twilight, surprised that Celestia even considered letting her do this.

"In my years I have grown adept to using arcane spells and mastered many advanced magics, but I'm not as..."updated" shall we say in the field of technology, I believe you are more qualified to replace the core." said Celestia, as she has much confidence that Twilight can do the core transfer.

"R-really?" was all Twilight could say at this massive compliment given to her by her former mentor.

"Just don't tell anyone, besides, I have confidence you can get this done." said Celestia as she smiles at her.

Twilight gulps and approaches the angel. "Can you remove the clothing and plating so we can begin?" she said noting the core needs to be inside of the patent.

"Affirmative" said S as the drenched medical gown disintegrates before Twilight's eyes, this reveals her chest. Between her breasts is a rather worrisome hole, a few sparks and a purple light can be seen inside of it. The light glows differently than the other core, it glows an unnatural deep violet and a few sparks of red light can be seen being given off by the hole.

"...Can you expose the core?" asked Twilight

One of the robotic arms that hang from the ceiling comes down and seems to be tipped with a low power laser. it fires a white hot beam of energy at the angel's shoulder and starts moving to the side cutting through the skin as it moves. The other elements leave the room at the thought of them being dissected. They find a door to a lounge and play with the holographic projector. Back in the robotics lab the skin on the front of the torso is fully removed along with the metallic undercoating. This exposes the angel's insides, a slander shaped chassis is seen. Inside the chassis is a large assortment of machinery. Many wires that are connected to small a frame that surrounds the unstable core, under them is an a spherical container sarounded by pipes and wires, Tubes and joints can be seen as well, just above the crotch area is a biological tube structure sarounded by sensors and other unidentified machinery that can be used for suggestive acts, it seems to be connected to a clear flexible container full of what looks like small strange wires that are connected to more machinery outside the container but seem to be lazily aiming towards the tube inside the container. Twilight notices the core is giving off an uncomfortable amount of heat.



"This feels a bit...unsettling..." said Celestia as she stands near Twilight as they both stare at the angel's insides.

"Y-yeah...n-now for the hard part..." said Twilight as she gets closer to inspect the unstable core. Being sure not to get too close to burn herself she notices the core itself has detached all wiring from the angel and even the frame that houses the core opens before her revealing the unstable core. Relived that she doesn't have to yank it out, she slowly pulls it out with her magic with ease. Twilight slowly walks over to the empty pedestal and sets it down, this whole process take about 30 seconds...but they were the longest 30 seconds of her life. The unstable core is sucked down the pedestal as it retracts into the floor vary fast, startling the princesses. Wiping the sweat from her forehead with her magic she slowly picks up the stable dark energy core and gently places it into the compartment where the previous core was originally. Twilight stumbles back due to a small but powerful airburst. The dark energy core glows brilliantly as powers up the angel, the internal damage seems to be fixing itself as the undercoating and skin regenerates before her eyes. The dismembered limbs reattach themselves to the body and regenerate completely with in seconds.

The angel's eyes open.

Author's Note:

No she can't get pregnant in case you pervs were wondering, and no I'm NOT making this into a clop fic.

I have nothing against Luna...in fact one could say she is awesome.

PreviousChapters Next