• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,858 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,858

PreviousChapters Next
[19] Meanwhile

Nova Borealis

"Damn terrorists." I say as no matter how many eons pass their will still be ignorant fools who insist on rebelling my Empire's rule. We give many freedoms that America would DREAM of having! Even the romans would be jealous! I flout inside the zero G field generated by the gyroscopic rings that surround me and display all information about the Innovation. My hair is gleaming white but if you look close you can find that its actually the color of a bleached unorganized rainbow. My iris color is a more in depth specter of colors with a thin glowing blue ring inside it. I'm wearing a headset that covers my ears. They have the shape of a black cylinder with a a glowing blue ring around it with a highly detailed atomic symbol etched on its surface. They have 2 long spikes that protrude out the back with the edges glowing blue indicating their are no hostiles in the area and my internal body functions are normal. My body has seemingly perfect preparations with curves in all the right places. Im wearing what looks like a second skin, its over all color is gray with the limbs being white. Separating the colors in a geometrically arranged pattern are many glowing blue lines that not only generate a personal overshield but also connect to a summonable suit of armor. My most notable feature is my 10 large wings. Right now they're folded in place as I have no reason to open them now, but from any one looking at me they are black as space itself with glowing blue lines at the edge of each razor shape diamond shaped plate. The base of each wing is lines my spine with what looks like small implanted rings with a dim white light coming from the inside.

"Scans indicate this was the world where they took Epsilon." said a feminine voice that came from seemingly all directions.

"Any idea where they could have taken her?" I ask.

"Your not gonna like this." said the voice. On my screen an image of what looks like a military compound with a few satellite dishes on top. The building has many holes in it as well as huge dark crystals around it. Fire is still burning from the inside.

"What am I looking at V?" I say to VALeRY.

"This is where Epsilon was held, as it turns out the scientists activated her and took things a little too far." said V.

"Are they mad!?" I say as I know they must have reprogrammed her here.

"No, they're dead." said V playfully.

"Hey! Ah...well ya got me on that one. Well, we know what caused her to act this way. Now we just need to find her." I say.

"Those dark energy cores from the Deltas were missing from the bodies. It wouldn't be crazy to assume that the enemy scientists found a way to unlock Epsilon's pocket universe." said V as I begin to connect the dots.

"And if they unlocked it then Epsilon would have a place to keep her collection! You don't think her CPU was corrupted even further by the unstable cores do you?" I say with worry.

"I'm afraid that's highly likely. Her last known location was the Gateway Universe so she might have crossed over." said V with concern. I pause for a moment.

"We need to go after her..." I say knowing full and well the amount of risks I'll be taking.

"Are you sure? You know other celestial races still think purebloods are dictatorial abusers of power." said V.

"Yeah but the readers don't know that yet. Besides...The original Purity Empire has been long extinct even before I was ripped into existence...after all we can't let some one like THAT get into a self replicating universe..." I say, being fully aware of the 4th wall.

"Because then she'll be impossible to stop..." said V, knowing that if we go into a normal self replicating universe I would die and Epsilon would be free to wreak havoc on everything.

"Set corse for the Gateway Alpha!" I say with much determination. At those words A beam fires out of the tip of the ship once more, only to open up into a wormhole that sucks us in. We warp into the gateway universe on the very edge of the Empire. The white star glows brightly before us with the massive Gateway covering us in its equally massive shadow. The Gateway is a giant ring that has a radius of 50,000 miles and 1,000 miles thick. The ring is dark gray as it has 10 large very long triangular plates thats 4 times as long as the gateway is wide that encircle the colossal ring. They're covered in what looks like tiny dishes, all pointing towards the center of the ring. At the base of each plate is a large glowing ball of light built into the ring that constantly gives off massive amounts of electricity arcing to the ring and plates. The balls seem to be giving off a violate beam away from the gateway only for the beams themselves to abruptly end inside what looks like a dimensional portal that seems to be stitched to the very fabric of the universe itself. Ten smaller rings surround the beams keeping the radiation contained. I make my approach to the gateway. We make it to the center of the empty space inside the ring. The gateway shoots countless beams at us that seem to be made from the dimensional plane itself. The ship glows bright white as in one massive shockwave powerful enough to annihilate a high mass gas giant sweeps the solar system as the gateway shoots a beam deep into space only for it to leave the very multiverse itself.

Gateway Universe Omega

In a universe seemingly identical to the other with a Gateway that looks exactly the same as the other, it lays on the edge of the ultraverse with a few artificial universes relatively near by. The Gateway opens up a portal inside its massive ring for 4 seconds as the Innovation leaves the portal. Before us is a star that is also exactly the same as the other. Off in the distance is a single planet, the only one in the entire universe. Its mass is 1.3 times that of Earth's with an atmosphere of exactly 85% oxygen and 15% carbon dioxide. The planet's surface is very rocky with oceans of lava and massive floating islands of magnetic rock. At the poles are huge floating ice caps, the ice remains solid because of the magnetic rock inside of it keeping it aloft in the highest reaches of the atmosphere, high enough to be cold for ice but not too high so the ice doesn't melt. The floating ice caps seem to constantly be covered with a few storms.

"Scan the universe." I command.

"Scanning..." said V as a blue shockwave of invisible natural light is given off. After about 6 seconds the scan is complete.

"No life signs detected." said V.

"Well we're here now so we might as well start looking in the neighboring universes." I say as I pull a lever made of hard light next to me. The massive turbine like structure in back of the ship spins up again.

"Firing up the Ultradrive again?" asked V.

"Of corse." I say as I pull up a map of the local group. The window before fades to black as a single white ring appears in the center with a blue dot in it, indicating that's where we are. The ring is an icon for the universe where we are in. Not to far from the icon are a few other white rings of different sizes, each much bigger then the one we are in. The group of universes is labeled the "Relay Group" with a total of 200 universes, including the Gateway Universe OMEGA. The universes seem to be arranged in an extra dimensional geometric pattern as they are arranged in a strategically admirable pattern, should someone discover this group and try and take over the Gateway it would be difficult to find. With that universe being the furthest from the cluster and by extension the ultraverse. A small circular crosshair appears on the screen as well, fallowing my eye movement. When my eyes drift over to a universe it is highlighted as information about said universe is displayed. I look at the closest one to the Gateway Universe.

"Lets start here." I say as I set the coordinates with my mind. Where we boldly go where we've gone before. The ultradrive fires a beam in front of the ship once more and warps us to a solar system in the targeted universe. The star is a unique ultra violate star with 4 planets orbiting it. The planet closest to the star is orbiting 0.014 AU, it is a large bloated hot yellow ball with low density but the size is 3.4 times the size of Jupiter from the Sol System. The planet must be this size as due to it's close proximity to its star and causes the gas to expand outwards. The second closest planet is orbiting at a distance of 0.4 AU. This planet is mostly composed of iron and nickel with a powerful magnetic field and an atmosphere of highly energized neon gas as well as hydrogen. The planet is currently tilted at a 44 degree angel with a very unstable wobble as the planet itself seems to be unstable. This desolate world has a ring system of rock and dust that could rival Saturn's. It's also giving off a massive glowing trail of lost matter of molten iron, but the lost iron seems to be creating a ring around the star and colliding with the planet's surface on the other side, creating an epic display of continuous destruction. The rings reflect a pale brown color with a few gaps in some of the rings themselves. The planet's surface has no craters as it is littered with molten oceans of iron and nickel with many mountainous islands arranged in such a way that could only be possible with tectonic shifting combined with the unstable wobble as even the dark side of that world is glowing with the sea of liquid metal.

"Wow...I shall call that world...Regicide, save it to the archive so we can copy it to another solar system." I say as V scans the planet.

The 3rd planet from the star is small world composed almost entirely of liquid water, with a core of ice caused by crushing pressures. This world has no atmosphere as the average surface temperature is perfect to have liquid water with no heat installation. Because of this world has no magnetic field it cannot support life as it is constantly being bombarded with radiation. The 4th and final planet from the star is orbiting at a distance of 64.44 AU. It is a rather large gas giant mostly composed of hydrogen. This world has so much mass it glows a dim red as if it almost became a star with 187 moons. It's not massive enough to create nuclear fusion but this planet seems to be getting smaller by 8 feet every year. The celestial body is littered with countless storms that rage across the entire surface to such a degree that lighting can even be seen as white flashes from a medium altitude orbit around it.

"This is a rather unique solar system...I wonder if life has discovered it yet." said V with pure curiosity.

"It is rather beautiful isn't it...but we can't get lost in its majesty yet. We have a rouge AI that is probably kept alive by the hearts of her enemies to find." I say, getting us back on track.

"I'm detecting a few dark magic abnormalities in a spiral galaxy 4.6 million light years away." said V, indicating me of our first clue.

"Welp, let's go then."

Author's Note:

The Gateway Universe
Self replicating universe
Ultradrive
Physics Engine Core
Ultraverse

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next