• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,853 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,853

PreviousChapters Next
[18] Updated Memories

4 hours later

======

REBOOTING...

BEGINNING SELF ANALYSIS

Auto Repair: 100% [Online]
Dark Energy Core: 100% [Online]
Mega Processors: 100% [Online]
Personality Matrix: 100% [Online]
Memory Storage: 99% [Online]
Emotions: [ERROR]
Voice: 100% [Online]
Wormhole Communication Radio: 100% [Online]
Optical Sensors: 100% Online]
H.U.D: 100% [Online]
Scanning Array: 100% [Online]
Targeting System: 100% [Online]
Multinet Connection: [Offline] {ERROR NO CONNECTION}
Wi Fi: [Offline] {ERROR NO CONNECTION}
Overshield: 100% [Online]
Armor: 100% [Online]
Left Arm: 100% [Online]
Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Left Leg: 100% [Online]
Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Left Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Left Leg: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Right Leg: 100% [Online]
Energy Emitters: 100%
Miscellaneous Systems: 100% [Online]

New feature detected:
Anti Corruption Software: 100%

ACCESSING CURRENT WING SET: "Angel Wing" 100% [Online]
ACCESSING POCKET UNIVERSE FOR AVAILABLE WING SETS:
Angel Wings {EQUIPPED}
medical
high speed long range combat [standard]
----------------------------------------------------
prototype stealth wings
prototype close range wings
prototype ground combat
---------------------------------------------------

Angel Wing set abilities:
Gravity Jets: 100% [Online]
Magic: 26% {FULL CAHRGE IN 3 HOURS}

==============================

"Sky Queen" mode: 65% [deactivated]

==============================

Star Date: UNKNOWN
Time: 3:37 AM

Current Objective: <<< 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101111 01110010 >>>

REBOOT COMPLETE

I awake back in the robotics lab to find that I am alone. I detach myself from the mainframe and walk to the exit. The door opens leading into the waiting room with those 6 ponies from before as well as Necra.

"Are...you ok?" asked Necra as she approaches me cautiously.

"All systems normal." I say, though truth be told I feel a bit different with this new software...and my...memories. With out knowing I shed a single tear as my expression changes slightly to a sad expression.

"I don't even know where to begin..." said Twilight as her mind races with countless questions.

"Yeah what was that big thing you turned into?" asked Pinkie nonchalantly.

"That...was Sky Queen mode. With it I can summon a specially designed mech suit called an Archangel...Mine is called the White Phoenix due to its resemblance to a large bird." I explain to them.

"That was so AWESOME!" said Dash at the mere thought of seeing my Archangel again.

"This is not something we can simply take lightly...what if that THING comes back?" said Rarity, thinking back to Epsilon.

"I left her falling uncontrollably into Jupiter's atmosphere. I don't think she'll be a threat anymore...though I imagine she's still alive...even at the crushing pressures of that planet's core she'll live...while enduring the force of 130,000 cars in all directions." I say as I get a rough estimate.

"What's a car?" asked Applejack.

"Some of the 4 wheeled vehicles you saw in the cargo bay." I say sinply.

"Earlier she retrieved your memory..." said Twilight as silence fills the room.

"Yes..." I say in response.

"You don't half to tell us if your not confutable." said Fluttershy, not wanting me to overexert myself more then I already did.

"You have a LOT of questions to answer! We have much to discuss." said Twilight in a commanding tone, desperately wanting to know what secrets I might be hiding and if they could threaten ponykind.

"She doesn't half to answer to any of you." said Necra in defense, getting a few disgusted looks in response.

"No...she's right...I looked up your files after all...if their's anyone that deserves to know it's you 6 ponies. That was Epsilon...she's the one who killed everyone in the weapons testing facility and was the one who caused me to be in such a critical condition when you all found me." I say as the expressions of everyone changes to a mix of surprise and worry.

"She was a failed project as her weapon systems are more up to date then mine. During her construction she was stolen by terrorists to be experimented on and modified. She likes to...eat...her victims. When the Empire put a bounty on her head they sent Angel Class Sentinel Type Deltas after her, she killed them all one by one. She started making a collection of dark energy cores in her pocket universe from their corpses...over time however the amount of dark energy in her pocket universe started to corrupt her own core as well as her CPU. She is suffering from stabilized AI rampancy. Normally when an AI suffers from rampancy they slowly think themselves to death as they slowly lose logical stability and sanity. Eventually the AI becomes so corrupted they cease functioning and die. Epsilon however...is much different..." I say to the ponies before me. With Twilight and Necra listening to every word.

"How different?" asked Necra with much concern and interest.

"She some how managed to unwittingly use this dark power to keep her CPU stitched together, albeit not entirely sane but still alive. In reality she should have died many times over..." I say as I pull up a few files on some intergalactic terrorist organizations.

"S said that your memory was never corrupted..." said Pinkie.

"It was locked...I...killed so many people...through the information I have on Nova being my creator and her ordering me to kill so many seemingly innocent people does not seem to add up...I've committed mass genocide on a galactic scale...by her orders..."I say with slightly more emotion then before. I receive many gasps by everyone in the room.

"And just who is this "Nova" exactly?" asked Rainbow Dash a little skeptical that she might be a crazy dictator.

"Nova is a species belonging to the celestial being group." I said.

"So like Princess Celestia?" asked Twilight, clearly not knowing what a celestial being is.

"A celestial being can be mistaken for gods as they appear to be the main entity that life forms worship in their religions. They are incredibly powerful, intelligent and far beyond the mortal comprehension of understanding. She has been known to reject being worshiped as a god due to her knowing that any being is killable, including herself. Nova...is a pureblood, one of the lesser known celestial beings due to her species dieing out many years before she was ripped into existence..." I pause as I am utterly shocked by what it says in the file I'm accessing.

"She...found the neutral 3 dimensional multiverse to be too dangerous because she was the last of her kind...and launched her own universe out of the infinite collection of inter dimensional multiverses called the Ultraverse...to isolate her universe and keep her people safe...she sent her universe into the deep void...o-only for her own universe to self replicate and create other universes...thus reviving her species..." I say...the file is considered a fact but to undergo such a feat is...incredible. The amount of energy and magics used must have been incalculable and controlled incomprehensibly complex and powerful thrusters. I get wide eyes from Necra and Twilight as they can hardly believe what I just said. The others seem to be lost.

"Your going too fast darling, this Nova is a pureblood? What's so special about that?" asked Rarity.

"Purebloods are the embodiment of the universe they are ripped into. When their universe explodes into existence it creates a spirit. This sprit is the embodiment of that universe and has control over it among a few other perks. Naturally they are much more powerful then any other known celestial being. They can shape shift into any multicellular organism. According to my records they...seem to typically take the form of human females. Nova popularized this due to her being stuck in her human form for a large portion of her life." I explain.

"Why was she stuck in her human form?" Asked Applejack.

"That file seems to be classified." I say.

"Why would she order you to kill so many people?" asked Twilight, getting use back on the matter at hand.

"...I...don't know that data seems to be corrupted this time...the patterns different. I can't decipher the file." I say as I try and access the file.

"So, this Nova as you say saved her universe from destruction and unwittingly revived her own species of beings of incomprehensible power and knowledge...yet she insists she's not a god...she sounds completely selfless yet she ordered you to commit genocide on a galactic scale...well something surely doesn't sound right about that." explained Twilight, recapping what I just said in an easy way to understand for her friends.

"What's genocide?" asked Pinkie.

"The intentional action to systematically eliminate an entire people. Race, ethic, religion, species, and so on." I say. some of the ponies step back a bit in fear.

"Well it does seem out of character for a seemingly kind leader to order such an action. Do you have any data on the people you were ordered to kill?" asked Necra, diving into the morbid subject.

"I'm afraid not." I say.

======

The Pure Fire of Innovation

In deep space their is a huge blue bubble shield with a rather small dwarf planet inside it with a massive floating island on its north pole with both being covered in a controlled ecosystem. The bubble shield is surrounded by a colossal 1000 mile long ship. The massive ship has a long sword like tip that reaches back towards the center of the vessel and is about a 3rd of the ship's total length. Above the bubble shield is an arch like structure that has large octagon shaped cylinder on top of it with a few cargo doors on the side. In the front of this structure is a massive dome shaped window with a similar interior to the Sirus's bridge but much larger and more information being displayed, On either side of this structure are two massive spike shaped scanners that point towards the back of the it, being parallel to the bridge. On either side of the ship are 2 large sword like structures with massive armored engines in the back with the front of these structures being equipped with a large front mounted high powered magic and energy emitter hybrids and the side pointing out towards space being equipped with small but massively powerful gravity jets to give the ship additional mobility. They are supported by a massive archway that surrounds the bubble shield in the center of the majestic ship. Two more archways that are noticeably thinner then the center one have massive double edged sword shaped wings that seem to glow brightly as their edges slices through an astroid belt the ship is flying through. At the back of the ship is a large cone structure with the tip seemingly cut off at it's half way point, leaving a flat base at the end of the ship. A massive cylinder structure is about a 4th of the ship's total length is seen on the cone's base covered in tiny gravity jets on it's sides with the back it having a gravity jet so powerful its cooling system powers the other two main engines next to it with the amount of excess heat. The center main engine has 2 long and thick rectangular protrusions that are almost as long as the center main engine built on what looks like a ultra thin transparent massive turbine at the base of the cone structure so the toward rectangular shaped protrusions as they look like 2 massive single edged swords that stand proudly on either that powerful engine. Under this turbine are 4 more engines that fire its gravitational energy directly into the turbine, thus giving the ship over all more thrust when activated. Under the ship is another arch that connects the back of the ship to the front just over the surface of the bubble shield with a ring built into the key piece of the arch, as if its designed for an orbital strike type weapon. The haul of the ship is light gray as it flawlessly reflects the sunlight off it the perfectly smooth plates of recolored Dileoum.

Suddenly the structure that surrounds the main engine starts glowing very brightly as starts to spin very fast at a very fast acceleration rate. The back of the ship starts be engulfed in what looks like plasma but in reality is dimensional energy. The exhaust from the 4 engines under the turbine seem to mix with this energy as the entire ship moves in such a way that it would appear to be impossible for a ship of that size. The ship shoots off a beam of light out the front tip and opens up into a portal not but a 5 miles from it. This sends the ship into wormhole and ending up a few light years away at a terrorist outpost world. The ship was chasing a much smaller ship about the size of the American state of Texas with an over all shape of a large classic UFO disk. The saucer warps in to defend its outpost world, firing lasers at the Pure Fire of Innovation only to deplete the vessel's shields by 0.000001%. The Innovation fires its side thrusters, sending it to the side at an unexpectedly high speed and making an alarmingly fast low orbit around the planet. As it makes this fast orbit its front is aims the front towards the planet below. It fires a relentless barrage of laser fire from its countless turrets and main weapons, but only at 15% power. The devastation is so high one could say it has the effect of the planet being bombarded by countless meteors. After most of the planet's equator being reduced to a glass the ship stops in just under 10 whole seconds.

"Damn terrorists."

Author's Note:

Ultraverse Theory
Deep Void

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next