• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,853 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,853

PreviousChapters Next
[16] Winter is Coming

I lay in the impact crater with multiple system failures and in desperate need of repair, however this is nothing my self repair program can't fix. I slowly stand up with my legs wobbling a little. My wings fold up into spikes and painfully slide into my back, I wince in pain as I then summon my prototype medical wings. The mane 6 notice that I'm using the same wing set the day fell out of the sky, but something's different about them. All 8 wings have a red cross on each of them, signaling their used for medical purposes only as well as flying. I start to float above my crater with all of the ponies watching. I scan the damage, the top half of the castle in shattered but the bottom is in tact, leaving the crystal heart undamaged as well. Odd, I detect cool winds approaching from all directions.

"Are you ok!?" yelled Necra as she flies up to me, getting many gasps from all over as she is still in her real form with a worried expression.

"I-I should be fine in a few hours...my medical wings should help with the damages to any life here." I explain.

"Who was that?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"We can't worry about that now...this place is about to get frozen." said Twilight as a bit of snow starts to fall from the closing in clouds. They're not dense clouds, at least not yet.

"With out the castle, the crystal heart can't keep the shield up from the storm!" said Cadence as she flies towards us.

"Everypony! Get indoors and to pack your things! We need to evacuate!" yelled Shining Armor to the large crowd of ponies who then scramble to get to their houses.

"Serena, do you think you could help keep the storm back during the evacuation efforts?" asked Twilight.

"I'm calling in a few drop ships now, they should help transport ponies to a safer location, as for my assault wings, they are in desperate need of repair...a-and my medical wings aren't designed to go high speeds..." I say weighing my options.

"Well do you have any other wing sets?" asked Twilight, starting to get a little frazzled.

"The only other wing set I have is mythological, I don't have any field data on them and now isn't the best time to test them." I say to her.

"Could you make a wind storm around the city to keep the ice storm at bay?" said Twilight as they all know I can fly around in circles so fast I create high speed storms...but one this size and with out my standard wings...

"I could try, but the odds of success are not favorable." I say noting this has a 43% chance of success.

"I KNOW you can do it Serena, you managed to beat the fasted PONY in Equestria, and I will NOT let you back out of this!" yelled Dash to everyone's surprise. The storm is beginning to close in.

"It's time to show you what I can do!" said Dash as I detect a massive burst of magical power with in her, so much so that she gives off a shockwave of power, her mane becomes much longer as well as her wings becoming bigger and colorful, I shall name this phenomenon "Rainbow Power". Dash launches herself off the ground and floats in place. Her power level has increased dramatically. I fly up towards her to the edge of the city into the closing in storm with Dash close behind. I begin to fly and accelerate around the city, to soon approach my limit as I slow down my acceleration at a speed of to a max speed of 9,580 MPH.

"Oh come on! I know you can go faster then that!" yelled Dash, though its odd that I can even hear her at this speed, as if the sound waves were directly aimed at me.

"My internal systems are damaged! These wings ar-" I begin to say as she interrupts me.

"No excuses!" Said Dash as she flies ahead of me to give off a sonic rainboom and then passes me as she accelerates faster to control the storm.

"Not...so...fast...now!" said Dash as she gloats to me passing me every cycle, seeing that I can't help with just my wings and I still have my CRGGs equipped and at 93% capacity. I set the projectile to high energy plasma and aim backwards at overcharged capacity. I feel a sudden burst of acceleration. I activate the gravity jets on my legs, skirt, chest and my hands to give me more thrust as I continue to overcharge them. I feel my systems start to strain as they are still in need of repair. A few sparks are given off as I am engulf myself in flames, I soar through the massive trail of white hot fire and plasma behind me. I break the speed barrier and give off a sonic rainboom, doubling my speed and acceleration as I begin to catch up to Rainbow Dash and soon pass her. Dash is completely surprised that I managed to pass her even in my weakened state.

Twilight

Twilight notices a few drop ships come in view above the city inside the eye of the raging inferno above. From the ground above the edge of the city looks like the accretion disk of a black hole sucking in stars when in reality is the combined power of my overcharged systems and Rainbow Dash racing to get back her pride. Lightning swarms inside the storm in such a degree that not even the nordic god Thor could handle such shocking power. The storm gives a screaming wind that thunders through the sky as it furiously rages on faster then any storm in the solar system. The water in the clouds is being sucked back up as the power of the storm is more powerful the the force of gravity many times over sucking in the crops outside the city as if the city itself in inside the funnel of a massive plasma tornado. The sky above the city is eerily calm as the deep blue sky can be seen with not a cloud to be seen and the sun peacefully shining above the crystal city.

Ten large drop ships are seen over head descending to the ground below as ponies begin to flock by them.

"Wow..." was all Twilight could say at the impressive display of speed and the drop ships. The ships land and open their doors, the voice of the automated system program can be heard saying the words "Remain calm and enter the ship in an orderly fashion."

"Ya’ll right sugarcube?!” asked Applejack snapping Twilight back to reality.

"Y-yes, right! Cadence is their any information about the restoration of your castle?!” asked Twilight in a firm tone.

"Doubtful, but We can worry about the Empire later. Right now we need to get on one of those ships and get out of here, I don't think Serena can handle much more punishment!” said Candace. Twilight nods.

"Come on girls, lets get on board!" yelled Twilight as she runs towards one of the drop ships with her friends close behind. They make it to the drop ship and find the inside is very spacious with chairs built into the walls along with seat belts on them as well. At the end of the room is a small staircase leading up the cockpit, it is however blocked off by a hard light barrier. Under the stair case are 2 hallways that lead into what looks like a bigger hallway with the walls lined with pipes and wires with the end of the hall looks like the controls to the manned turret. At the other end of the room is a few shelves and crates on the wall. Twilight's friends get in the chairs, but Cadence hasn't gotten in yet.

"Some one needs to stay behind and make sure the everypony is evacuated!" said Cadence as she runs away to help other ponies get on the other ships. Ponies flock top the train station when the drop ships get full, but the train eventually gets full as well, and with still about 100 ponies left. With the train and drop ships full they leave the city and go towards Canterlot.

Serena

<<<WARNING CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT>>>

I start to hear warnings and alarms in my head notifying me of my systems on the brink of failing, I scan the city to find about 95% of the life forms gone. I kill the power to all my thrusters and let the massive G forces throw me into the plasma storm. The heat of the air around me is over 5,000 Kelvin, hot enough to melt most if not all elements. My heat shields spring up but only at 56% power and dropping as I hurl through the slowly weakening inferno. I am thrown into the overwhelming wind current of the storm as I am suspended in the air with no sign of falling for another few minutes.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash see's that the city is empty and slows down. She makes sure to come to a complete stop in the center of the eye of the weakening storm. The storm is still raging on with winds at thousands of miles per hour and dropping. The white hot clouds are rotating fast as they give off a blue and white hue like the surface of a blue star. Lightning violently strikes the clouds and the air around the clouds as Dash knows full and well if anyone gets caught in there, they would be shredded by the high winds and punishing heat in less then a second. She doesn't see Serena anywhere and begins to worry, but can only do nothing as the only place she would be is inside the storm. Dash is exhausted from flyng so fast in such a small area so she can't look for her, only wait. After about 5 minutes of waiting she flies to the only drop ship left in the area, its cargo doors are still open with her friends inside signaling for her to go inside.

Serena

After a scorching 9 minutes the storm finally grows weak enough for me to finally fall to the the surface below. The once icy ground has been melted into a boiling lake. I detect a spark of dark magic on my scanners, the spell cools the air above me as a I fall as the clouds slowly become cold again. I land hard in the lake with a big splash as I skip across the water a few times until I finally become submerged. This dark magic is different than Epsilon's, less corrupted and more organized, like it came from a weak but skilled life form. I notice the water start to freeze around me, I swim towards the surface with all my might and launch myself out of the water before it could freeze me in place. While I'm in the air the water freezes beneath me and land back on the icy ground once more to find myself in the middle of an icy tundra with no sign or artificial structures or anywhere with in 50 miles. I lay back down with my wings offline as well as my CRGGs and all thrusters. I call for an evac but if it doesn't come soon then I'll be trapped in the ice. With all my drop ships are in use as well as the X Caliber being in the ship maintenance bay to have a various upgrades I have no choice but to wait for an available ship to rescue me.

Author's Note:

Did you think I forgot about you? I would never do that to my dear sweet viewers.
I have a VERY good reason though! Fallout 4, building a ridiculously defendable fortress at the Red Rocket Truck Shop, and mods...and fixing glitches caused by those mods.

I know the city was being evacuated in the season 6 premiere but realistically that train would not be big enough to support a full scale evacuation.

PreviousChapters Next