• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,852 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,852

PreviousChapters Next
[15] The Angel of The Sky VS The Angel of Darkness

Sky Queen mod active, weapon systems loading....

All 6 of my wings spilt open as blue energy pours out of them, I start to rise up as my wing openings shoot out blue cables to pierce the very sky itself behind me. A massive wormhole opens behind me, larger then the castle in the center of the city. Out of the portal comes many diamond shaped white panels, complex machinery, wiring, and and pipes. The objects arrange themselves around me as my wings seem to plug into the mass of parts that surround me. The parts form a large feminine torso like cocoon shaped object with a long tail that seems to be composed of many drones. The drones are isosceles triangle shaped with sharp and aggressive triangular shaped wings pointed backwards towards their thrusters armed with CRGGs and homing lasers, their is a total of 10 drones. Next out comes 8 massive diamond shaped wings. In the center of each wing is a large hexagonal disc that is detailed with a small blue ring in the center and dynamic lightning shaped lines protruding out from the center of the solid surface. Beyond the disc is empty space yet a few feet away from the edge of the disc is the wing itself. Surrounding the hole in the center of the wing is another blue ring that has lines on it that lead out to smaller blue rings that spread out evenly in a geometric pattern all over the wings. On the edge of each wing is many ultra thin high powered gravity jets. But yet something else leaves the portal as well, eight football field long neutrino cannons. Two massive arms materialize on either side of the torso shaped cocoon, the arms are sleek and thin as the hands are equipped with 5 fingers, each tipped with powerful energy emitters and elemental magic infused energy blades that all complement the more powerful one in the palm of each hand. At the top of the cocoon appears mechanized head with a single blue eye in the center surrounded by optical sensors with 2 large spikes on each side of the head pointed upward as a halo appears above it as well. The portal closes leaving every one with in 10 miles to gawk at the sight of the my new form. With my transformation complete I give off a massive shockwave. Rainbow Dash shits herself out of the sheer amount of fire power I have.

"Engaging target!" I say in an aggressive tone inside the heart of the the flying arsenal. At the moment I finish that statement my massive wings materialize CRGGs on the base of each blue ring and set the projectile type to high velocity plasma with a hybrid of laser energy. I aim all my weapons at Epsilon, who just launches herself in the air.

"Awwww that’s not fair...lucky for you have a cool toy too!" said Epsilon. Her wings start to expand many times their original size as they split off to form more spiked blades, a simpler design but still just as if not more deadly as my Sky Queen form.

"Your core would make a great addition to my collection~" said Epsilon in a disturbingly subductive tone.

"Your insane! How are you even functioning!?" I say to Epsilon as I thrust myself backward with the flap of my wings and the thrust of my jets. Epsilon attempts to catch up but I dodge her and give myself some more distance. I lock on to her with my homing lasers and fire a massive swarm of blue explosive homing lasers at her. She some how scrambles the trajectory of them and makes the fly off in random directions. Taking this opportunity she launches herself upward and fires dark beams at me. They impact the icy tundra under me near the farmland below. The result is large dark crystals forming, If I'm hit with just one shot then make some of my systems lock up, I'll need to activate my bubble shield at the last second in a concentrated area to combat this. I fire my CRGGs at her, Epsilon dodges them with ease as she fires smaller dark beams at me as I fly to the left to dodge her attacks. Changing my strategy I change into high speed mode, my wings change their position to be parallel to me, in less then a second I charge up my jets and launch myself forward ramming Epsilon head on as I continue to fly forward with her on my haul. She recovers and jumps off my haul and sends a kinetic burst of energy at me to try and make me crash, at this speed I set my thrusters to max power as I just miss a sky, scraper shattering the glass. Apparently I'm over Manehattan. Epsilon tries to stab me with one of her wing blades at me to try and knock one of my wings away. I Deflect her attack with my right arm as it materializes a shield of light to add addition protection. I push her wing blade away as I fire all my CRGGs at her at once, seeing that if any shot that misses will fall into the ocean. They all give off huge muzzle flashes that would blind any one who has weak eyes to launch beams of super heated plasma and high energy lasers. Epsilon laughs maniacally as she gets hit a few times while she dodges. The air and water gets crushed against the back of her as her rings in her wings charge up with a dark force. I fire a kinetic blast at her, sending her flying into space.

I fly up to 20,000 feet and deploy all 8 of my neutrino cannons all aiming at Epsilon who is a few hundred miles away in space charging hers as well. A powerful storm forms around me as I charge my cannons. We release our beams at the same time. All 16 dark violate, deep blue and pitch black neutrino beams all impact each other in the sky causing 16 massive explosions large enough to destroy a continent. Taking this time to make a strike I launch myself into the fire to see Epsilon doing the same, we clash as we thrust forward to over power one another sending sparks everywhere with massive thrust behind each of us. I fire my CRGGs at point blank range to send her flying backward as she flies through the air she recovers and flies towards the planet below causing herself to be wrapped in a blanket of fire as she falls. I fly after her as I fire my homing lasers at her, they all miss as she still has her jammer active. I switch to CRGGs and set the projectile to heat seeking seeker missiles. I fire a large swarm of missiles at her as they continue to materialize and launch themselves from my wings. They end up missing but some actually hit her, causing house sized explosions around her. When the smoke clears I see that Epsilon is surrounds her body with a dark bubble shield. She launches herself at me and covers herself in a massive shadow, I try and dodge but she predicts my movement and stabs my left upper wing, and damages the energy emitter in it, I wince in pain and fly down to the ground below and throw her on the ground and drag her against the rock terrain with her wing still inside of the emitter. Her impact against the ground sends rock and dust everywhere as she smashes into a large rock, I pull myself out. I hear roars from behind me to find a few large dragons flying towards us. I grab Epsilon by her wing with my arm and throw her into the dragons as they scorch her with flames. She then flies into the mouth of one of the dragons ands rips him open and then inside out with her wings, sending bone and flesh in all directions. Epsilon begins to fire rapid beams of darkness at me. I summon my bubble shield and calculate the impacts of the beams on me and compensate. Many small hexagons appear to sparkle and flash around me as the beams get blocked by them. I quickly deploy one of my neutrino cannons and give it a 2 second charge, to shoot Epsilon, sending her backwards about 4 miles as I activate the self repair protocol to my damaged wing. More dragons appear and attack me, I ignore them as they engulf me with fire. Epsilon shoots magic seeking missiles at me, I fly away from them and let them chase me through the sky as Epsilon chases the missiles to keep me locked in her sights. I have a total of 357 advanced seeker missiles locked on to me. I see Canterlot ahead of me, I fly around the mountain and meet Epsilon on the other side, and making all of her missiles hit her. The black storm of missiles all impact on Epsilon, engulfing her and huge balls of plasma, burning off her nun outfit and skin, even her eyes are different, they have a ghostly appearance as the rampant AI continues on.

"YOOOu'll hAlf tO dO bEttEr thEn thAt!" said Epsilon with much audio corruption in her voice. The sky fades to black as a dark shadow looms over the ground below. She vanishes from my scanners, only to appear behind me and fire her dark beams at me. A large collection of crystallized dark magic encase my wings, unable to move I float in place in an attempt to deploy my shields. Epsilon teleports around me in split second intervals in random locations to fire beams of destruction magic at me as well as hit me with her large wings. Impact after Impact I receive more and more error messages indicating internal damage. Epsilon appears in front of me, stabs me in my wing's energy emitter and throws me towards the Crystal Empire. After a few seconds of flying through the air I crash into the castle toppling it over and sending debris all over the northern part of the city. Epsilon lands on my chest and stabs my haul relentlessly, my haul is made of Dileoum so my haul is still undamaged but with each impact a stream of corrupted dark magic is forced into my systems overloading my internal electronics. Epsilon laughs as she does this, as if its just a game to her. The display of my systems shutting down one by one, my lights flickering more and more as more internal damage occurs as sparks or dark magic shoot off me. The ponies that watch this can only stare at the sight. I still have one trick left up my sleeve.

"A-Activating warp drive..." I say as in this form I have access to a compact warp drive and hyper drive, a wormhole opens behind me, sucking us both in the deep emptiness of space. We both appear 500,000 miles over the surface of the nearest star Proxima Centauri. The gravity starts to pull us in we enter the corona as my temperatures start to sky rocket. I activate my thrusters to full power, they spark to life and I'm sent flying around the star with Epsilon close behind. Epsilon fires at me as I change to space combat mode, giving me slightly more power given my damaged state. I target Equus and activate the hyper drive, sending me into the long tube of colorful light known as hyperspace. Epsilon never bothered to damage my scanners.

"Oh no you don't!" yelled Epsilon over the coms as she chases me through hyper space. I fire missiles at her as she does the same to try and subdue me. She diverts the path of my missiles and accelerates to get closer to me, they impact me creating large balls of plasma and powerful shockwaves in this vacuum. I slow down suddenly and give off a kinetic blast out of my energy emitters at Epsilon, sending her straight into the dimensional walls of hyperspace. My HUD says I'll be dropping out of hyperspace in 10 seconds. Epsilon screams in pain as her violate wings are suffering from major internal damage, peeling off the outer coating of violate plating revealing the pitch black Dileoum skeleton frame. I drop out of hyperspace over Jupiter with Epsilon falling uncontrollably towards the planet at high speeds, by the time she regains control over herself, it's too late. Epsilon falls into the planet unable to escape the crushing pressures due to the damage she suffered earlier. I warp over the Crystal Empire and deactivate all sky queen systems over the city. My new form takes itself apart and dematerializes as I fall, by the time I hit the ground its just me. I land with a thud and crack the ground under me, pain...s-so much pain...overwhelming pain, though I imagine this is nothing compared to what Epsilon is feeling right now. Ponies from all over town gather at my impact sight.

Author's Note:

Dileoum
G Force Dampener

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next