• Published 23rd Apr 2016
  • 265 Views, 0 Comments

Dreamcatcher - Nicragomi



When the Darkness comes, who will be powerful enough to stop it?

  • ...
 0
 265

A Prophecy Begins...

Dreamcatcher

Chapter 0 – A Prophecy Begins…

The tunnel was dark and damp, but the light emitted from Twilight’s horn made for a temporary torch until they could reach their destination. The pink-ish light wasn’t strong enough to illuminate the whole tunnel, but she and her friends could still see a few feet ahead of them. The tunnels, had the same crystal makings as the rest of the castle (miles underneath the Crystal Empire) and hadn’t been explored in many millenia. Loud booming noises could be heard echoing throughout the tunnel. How much longer can the Crystal Army hold the being back? Are Shining Armor and his unit going to endure long enough for us to retrieve the light? Has Princess Cadence evacuated everyone that’s left in the Crystal Empire? Did Cadence and Flurry Heart make it out safely? All of these questions passed through Twilight’s head as she and her friends rushed through the tunnels to catch up with their newly acquainted friend. Up ahead Twilight could see a brim of light. Finally! she thought. As they approached the end of the tunnel, the booming noises became louder, and the ground started to shake, making bits of dust fall from the ceiling...

… As they entered the room, they came into a huge chamber made of crystal, the biggest they’d ever seen. The room was massive, and contained a platform surrounded by a deep dark abyss that looked bottomless. A bridge made of crystal went from the tunnel entrance to the platform hovering in the center of the room. Twilight and the group moved cautiously towards the center of the room where their stallion friend was waiting, being ever so careful for the next boom could bring a shake that could possibly destroy the bridge and plunge them into the dark abyss below. Finally catching up to their friend, the tan stallion with gray and silver mane with two eagle feathers, put a hoof up and stopped them in their tracks a few feet away from him. He had a neon green ring around the base of his horn that was oscillating slowly. The magic aura around his horn was a neon green, the same color as the V shape on the back of his jet black vest. His cutie mark was a silver compass opened up to overlay a carpenter's square that laid on its corner.

"I'm scanning the crystal for any magical energies that may reside within" He said in a gruff voice. They stopped before a huge crystal suspended three feet from the platform. "This crystal is different than the others. Every other piece of crystal in the Crystal Empire is transparent, this one... isn't." He took a pause as he got closer to the crystal, inspecting its makings. "Interesting..." as he drew closer to it. The crystal was dusty and looked like it had resided within these chambers for over thousands of years.

“Well… what do we do now?” asked Rainbow Dash. The tan stallion put his hoof on the side of the crystal, and swiped it with a circular motion. The caked on dust came partially off to reveal a swirling energy inside. The shaking became increasingly frequent with every boom, with each more violent than the next.

Twilight yelled, “We need to get it out of here! Or we will be crushed to death by all this falling debris!” Another boom came from the surface, but the magnitude was ten times worse than the others, a huge chunk of crystal fell from the ceiling.

Twilight noticed the huge crystal free falling in midair and screamed, “YONA! MOVE!” The tan stallion quickly looked up to see a huge chunk of crystal falling on top of him. Knowing he couldn’t escape it, he closed his eyes and waited for the crystal to come down on top of him. A loud boom sounded as the crystal impacted the area, but much to Yona’s surprise, he was safe inside of a shield. Twilight was standing behind him, her horn aglow keeping up the bubble that protected them from the falling debris.

“Thanks Princess, you saved me” said Yona.
Twilight smiled back and said, “Don’t thank me just yet, let’s defeat this Darkness first, then we can exchange gratuities!”.

As the dust settled, the crystal that was once suspended in the air was now a broken shamble. The swirling energy that had once resided in it had disappeared. Did we release it? Where did it go? thought Yona. As he was looking over what was once the answer for the issue pressing above him on the surface, another boom brought down another huge chunk of crystal, destroying the only bridge in its free fall.

“Well that’s just great”, Rainbow Dash said hatefully. The booming and shaking was steadily making it unstable to stand.

“I’ll prepare a teleport spell to get us out of here,” Twilight said frantically. Yona looked around the platform at the chunks of crystal that remained, searching for the swirling energy that once resided inside the crystal.

“We can’t leave without that piece of the light! If we don’t have it come time of the summer solstice, all of Equestria will be destroyed!” Yona panicked. Another loud boom cracking the ceiling of the chamber in half.

“Another boom like that and we won’t need a teleportation spell to get out of here,” said Applejack.

Is this how it ends? Is Equestria doomed to face destruction? Yona pondered as he hung his head in shame.

The platform started to shake, but the rhythm of the shaking was different than the shaking coming from the booming above. A beam of white light erupted from the shattered crystal remains and pierced through the ceiling into the sky, leaving behind a huge hole. Everyone covered their eyes only to slowly peek back into the light to see a form. A Pony… a mare Pegasus with a silk black coat, a cutie mark that was a symbol for balance (with the middle being a broadsword), and a silver reflective mane wafting in the wind as she stood there stoically with her eyes closed. As the light diminished, the snow from the arctic north started falling into the chamber. Silence befell them, then an ear crushing roar sounded and the darkness started to come into the newly developed hole. Its black, vaporous body spilled in at an alarming rate all around them.

Yona shouted to the newly appeared mare, “Nvda!” The new pony’s eyes opened to reveal the swirling light within her and as the intensity of the light grew, the harder it became to see. Her light grew so intense that everyone closed their eyes.

“Nvda!” Yona woke up screaming in a cold sweat sitting straight up. As he lay in his enchanted wagon looking up to the night sky at the full moon. “What time is it?” Yona thought to himself. His vest and sunglasses were in a neat pile beside him with his power ring sitting beside his glasses. Yona stretched his legs and put his ring around his horn. He jumped out of his wagon on to the soft ground, moist with early morning dew. He had been traveling for days and the trip was making him grow weary. A side compartment on his wagon had the engraving of a horseshoe. Yona set his front right hoof into the inlay. His horn glowed with a neon green light and the inlay brimmed with the same color. The compartment made a hiss and thud while Yona removed his hoof. Mechanical gears could be heard grinding inside as the inlay opened up to reveal the inside of a storage compartment. A map and some various other tools lay inside. Yona made his horn glow again and brought the map out of the compartment. “Now then, let’s see how much longer we have to go. Maybe once I meet with the Princesses, one of them can help alleviate all these dreams I’ve been having.” he said to himself. The sun started to rise from the far off horizon. “Good, I can read the map now… Thanks, Princess Celestia!” he cheerfully gleed. He rubbed his hoof across the bottom of his chin, pondering the map with much mental concentration. “Looks like it’s only a half-day's travel! I’m close! No more stalling!” He yelled energetically. Yona used his magic to put his vest on and jumped back into his wagon. He shot two beams of neon green energy from his horn into two smokestack devices with cylinders made of glass at the top to capture energy. The green energy illuminated the accents and wheels of the wagon while the engine roared to life. The wagon slowly turned its wheels, moving quicker and quicker as it came up to speed. “Next stop… Ponyville!” Yona yelled.

#