• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 2,094 Views, 135 Comments

The Key to the Light - KingJoltik



Celestia had been looking for the one that will unlock the door to the light for years. What she found was Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
6
 135
 2,094

PreviousChapters Next
Early Days, Part 5: The Unicorn and the Bear

If there is one flaw I will gladly admit that I have, it's the fact that I overthink things. The very act of thinking seems to be something that I've always had problems with. No matter what happens, it seems The Key is just out of reach from my heart. Maybe that's why I can't obtain The Key. I rather use my brain than my heart. Then again, it sounds like I'm overthinking things as always. Perhaps the heart is the same way in terms of not worrying about thinking. This could be more evidence that the heart is so much more than what we think it is.

-Starswirl, Report 47

"Ow!" Twilight yelped as her face hit the ground. "Oooohhhh...that hurt..." Her hooves slightly shook as she slowly got up. "Spike? You okay?"

"Kuuuupoooo..." Spike squeaked, his head bobbling back and forth.

"Good. You're okay." Twilight slightly shook and then patted her moogle companion. After a few minutes of readjusting herself, the duo began to look at their new surroundings. They were in a small, not very dense forest. The forest looked like it was made out of a painting. That or it was if the whole place was one giant pop-up book. The colors of the forest were very light green, as if they were water-colored. "Huh...hey Spike? Why are we in a forest?" she said as she looked at the woods around her. Her eyes blinked at the tranquil looking forest, surprised at simple looking trees. "I don't-where are we?"

"Kupo?"

"I know, it's weird. I could have swore I was just checking a book out of the archival hallway and..." Twilight did a slight hop as she remembered. "That's right! There was that book and a flash of light!"

"Kupo kupo."

"I know...at least if you're saying what I think you're saying. Hmm...did that light send me here? Are we inside that book?!" Twilight's eyes shined at the thought. Wait a minute...if I went inside a book, a literal book... Drool began to form in her mouth at the thought. Does that mean I could go into any book?! That would be amaz-

"Kupo?" Spike said as he tapped her shoulder, knocking Twilight out of her trance.

"Huh?" Twilight replied as she sucked up her drool. "What is it Spike? What are you-" The filly blinked a few times as she looked at her surroundings again. "Oh yeah, we're in this funny looking forest."

"Kupo."

"Yeah...you're probably right." Twilight began to scratch her chin in response. She glanced at the trees again, her ears slightly dropping in response. "Despite how awesome going into a book might sound, we also need to know how to get out of the book. Or, at least that's what I think you said Spike."

"Kupo?"

Twilight began to scratch the side of her head. "So, where are we? And how do we get back to the library?"

"Kupo." Spike said as his pom-pom drooped down.

Twilight's eyes looked around again and saw a small clearing in the woods. "Hmm...maybe we should get out this forest first."

"Kupo!"

"Okay! Let's go Spike!" Twilight said as she put Spike on her back. "Ready?"

"Kupo kupo!" Spike exclaimed as he pointed ahead with his tiny furry paw. "Kupo!"

Spike cheered as he began to sit on Twilight's back, his tiny mind now awake. The duo walked out onto the clearing, only to see a small log. On the log was a small yellow bear wearing a red shirt. Twilight's head shifted sideways as she looked at the bear. The bear just sat there, tapping it's head. Huh. Is that a...bear? I mean, it kinda looks like one. It looks more like a stuffed teddy bear... Twilight thought as she approached the creature. I've read that most bears aren't that mean unless you mess with their cubs...wait a minute. Twilight's ears twitched as she heard the noises coming out of the bear's mouth. The bear was talking. It can talk?! How?!

"Think, think. Think, think." the bear said to itself, it's arm still tapping it's head. "Think, think. Think, think."

Twilight twiddled her hooves as she watched the little bear continue to contemplate. Should I talk to it? I mean...it looks harmless.

"Think, think. Think, think."

Deciding to take a chance, Twilight spoke up, "Um, hello?"

"Hmm?" the bear said, his eyes looking up and glancing at Twilight. "Oh, hello there."

"Hi."

"Kupo."

"Hello you two. Who are you?"

"Oh um...I'm Twilight and this is Spike. Who are you?"

The bright yellow bear shined a small, innocent smile. "Hello Twilight and Spike. I'm Winnie the Pooh, Pooh for short."

"Um...okay. Nice to meet you Pooh." Twilight replied as she gave a small nod.

"Why its very nice to meet you too." Pooh said with a nice innocent grin. The two just stared at each for a second until Twilight took the initiative.

"Say uh, Pooh...do you know where we are?"

"Where we are? Oh yes, we're here in this meadow, I think. This meadow in the Hundred Acre Wood." Pooh responded with his usual kind smile.

"The Hundred Acre Wood?" Twilight asked as she glanced at Spike. "I've never heard of it."

"Oh...well, that's where you are. At least I think it is."

"You think it is?!" Twilight said as she stepped back. "Are you not..." Twilight wanted to complete her sentence but Pooh's expression stopped her. She blinked as she watched Pooh just sit there with an oblivious smile. It was obvious to her that the bear didn't have much intelligence and she decided that it was best to not ask. Instead, she got up and sat on the log with Spike on her back. The little moogle hopped off her back and inched closer to Pooh, he's tiny feet tiptoeing down the piece of wood. "So Pooh...what were you doing?"

"Hmm? Oh, I was thinking about thinking."

"Thinking...about thinking?"

"Oh yes. I was thinking about why I think."

"Why you think...huh." Twilight said, her head slightly turned sideways in confusion. "Why you were thinking about that?"

"I was thinking about thinking because I wanted to know what I should do next."

"Do next?"

"Yes. I was thinking about going on an adventure."

"An adventure?" Twilight replied, unsure of why the little bear kept switching topics.

"Yes. I'm gonna go get myself some honey." Pooh casually said as he rubbed his belly. "I'm feeling a little bit eleven-o-clockish, so I need some honey to fill the rumbly in my tummy."

"Oh...okay."

"Would you like to join me, Twilight and Spike?"

Twilight still wasn't sure what was going on or where she was. But she did know one thing, she must be here for some reason or the book wouldn't have sent her here. As she tried to think of what she had to do, Spike jumped down from the log and gave her a nudge.

"Kupo!"

"Hmm? What is it Spike?" She asked her tiny friend.

"Kupo kupo!" Spike exclaimed, pointing at Pooh.

"You want to follow Pooh?"

"Kupo!"

Twilight blinked a few times and then nodded. "Okay Spike, I see what you mean." She turned to Pooh with a smile. "Okay Pooh, we'll go on an adventure with you."

"Oh goody." Pooh said with a smile. He did a slight wave as he turned around and walked away from the clearing. Twilight slowly followed after putting Spike on her back, a small grim popping up on her face as she watched the bear do an odd, stumbly walk. His little body bobbled back in forth as his tiny feet barely tapped the ground.

How weird...yet oddly adorable. Twilight thought as she followed him. Her eyes wandered around as she looked at the grasslands around her. The Hundred Acre Wood huh? Sure seems to be a nice looking place. But why am I here? Do I have to solve some sort of problem? She looked back at Pooh. And does it involve Pooh? Hmm...why do I get the feeling it does?

The trio soon reached a house inside a tree with a small log in front of the place. Twilight looked the house up and down, seeing several strange sights. The sign over the door says: 'Mr. Sanders'?! Is that a name? I thought his name was Winnie... Her eyes glanced at the doorbell, reading a tiny sign. 'Ring Also'...oh. I'm betting he meant to say 'ring the doorbell'.

As Twilight continued to observe the house, Pooh walked in and began to raid his cupboard. He pulled out several honeypots and put them over his head, a small groan coming out of his mouth everytime. Hearing the groans, Twilight walked inside and asked, "Um...is everything okay Pooh?"

"Oh bother. No honey anywhere. Just the little sticky stuff on the side..." he said as he took off the last honey pot. "Maybe I should go get some honey. Would you come with me?"

"To get you some honey?"

"Oh yes." Pooh nodded while he rubbed his belly again. "I need some honey for my tummy. Would you like to have some honey?"

"Well, I'm not hungry, but I don't mind trying to help you find some honey." Twilight replied as she scratched the back of her head. I'm guessing that's what I need to do first in this place...

"Okay." Pooh said with a grin. He quickly wobbled up to her and presented his paw. "Will you join me?"

"Um...okay." Twilight replied as she grabbed his paw. "Ready?"

"Oh yes."

"Kupo!" Spike cheered as tiny creature sat on Twilight's head, his pom-pom swaying with the wind. The trio soon walked down a dirt-covered road, smiles on all their faces.


Celestia signed another paper, a sigh exhaling from her breath. Her pen kept floating in the air, quickly slashing through the air as piece after piece of mindless bills became signed. Good grief, why is there so many of things?! Why can't I have a day where I just have coffee, some five-layered fudge cake and a good book?! WHY?! As Celestia groaned to herself, her eyes glanced up as she saw a guard sprint into the room.

"Your majesty! Your majesty!" the guard panicked. "There's an emergency!"

"What is it? What's wrong?" she replied as an aura covered the papers and shifted to Celestia's side.

"Monsters! Monsters everywhere!"

"Monsters?"

"YES!" The guard began waving his hooves, expressing nothing but panic. "A bunch of pitch black creatures are attacking Canterlot! They suddenly started to just appear out of ground and started attacking civilians! They're headed for the castle!"

"WHAT?!" Celestia yelped, her eyes widened at the words. She raced to the window, quickly looking outside only to see a small black patch moving down one of the streets of Canterlot. No, it can't be. The Heartless?! But...it's too early! I haven't even told Twilight about them and they can't be...no. I honestly barely know anything about the Heartless. All I know is what Starswirl wrote and what she told me about-

"Your majesty?" the guard said, knocking Celestia out of her thinking trance. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yes, I'm fine." Celestia flashed her hoof and showed a stern face as the guard stiffened from the sight. "Gather all the guards! Have them evacuate the castle immediately and start protecting the citizens of Canterlot! Get every citizen you can into a shelter! These creatures must not harm my subjects!"

"Yes your highness!" the guard said with a salute.

"And bring my student to me! She is needed in this situation!"

"Yes your highness! We will accomplish this task immediately!" the guard sprinted out of the room, quickly confronting every guard he could find.

Celestia could only sit there, scratching her chin. So...they're already here. The Heartless were last recorded being seen a thousand years ago. So why?! Why are-no. No time to be depressed. I need to find Twilight and protect Canterlot. I know that the keyblade is a sign that the Heartless will appear but...I didn't want Twilight to face them now! I didn't think they would appear for several years. They weren't supposed to show till...the nightmare. Luna... A sigh popped out of her mouth as she began to leave the throne room. I just hope Twilight will be okay after this.

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

Yeah...I'm not proud of this chapter. I feel like...I didn't get the spirit right of Winnie the Pooh. But, I also want to use this chapter and the next few to show you all that yes, I will have Twilight go to other Disney Worlds. This one is just the first.:twilightsmile:

That being said, I'll explain later why the setup is like this right now. Oh, and what Celestia was thinking at the end of the chapter about Starswirl and another pony...let's just say that will be important. Don't think Starswirl is Celestia's only well of information.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next