• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 3,354 Views, 346 Comments

The Anthropologist - Weavers of Dreams



Join Lyra as she interacts in various human-related problems ranging from wannabe Nazis to eldritch horrors that just need some love. No problem is too great that it can't be fixed with a baseball bat or high-powered cieling fan, that's a promise.

  • ...
19
 346
 3,354

PreviousChapters Next
-35- Sunday

"When did she get home?"

"I don't know, Bons," Noteworthy could be heard replying through the door. "I stayed up a while longer after you went to bed. But, never saw her come in. It's possible she snuck in through her window. She's done it before."

Lyra sighed as she listened to the married couple discuss last night back and forth while she attended to herself in front of the bathroom mirror. Her mane was tied back with a big yellow bow, complimenting her ivory dress with the frosty blue trim, with a silk saddle as the centerpiece of her ensemble. All that was left was the golden necklace imprinted her cutie mark and she would be all set.

With one last quick brushstroke through her facial fur, she turned and excited the lavatory to face her landlords, who were also nicely dressed up.

Noteworthy wore a black silk vest and tie, with his mane combed to fine submission. Bon Bon had braded her mane and put on a simple indigo dressed with yellow frills, colorful bracelets were worn just above her hooves and she had a great big hat upon her head that was decorated with peacock feathers.

That mare was almost as bad as Rarity when it came to hats.

With a gasp, Bon Bon lunged forward and hugged the mint mare about the neck, crying apologetically. "Oh, we're so sorry about last night, Lyra. We didn't mean to seem so forceful about the issue. Did we, Noteworthy?"

The stallion stepped forward and patted his wife on the back. "That's right."

The candy maker sniffed as her friend returned the hug. "You take your time, Lyra. We'll wait as long as it takes."

"It's okay, guys," Lyra said, absentmindedly blowing at those ridiculous feathers. "I overreacted a little, too. I'm sorry if I caused you any embarrassment over dinner."

Bon Bon quickly pushed herself away from Lyra with another gasp. "That's right. You never finished your meal. You poor dear. You must be starving. Here, let me..."

"Don't bother, Bonny," Lyra said quickly, shaking her head rapidly. "I grabbed some stuff from the fridge after I got up."

"Oh, okay," the mare nodded. "That's fine. Just as long as you're sure you'll be alright."

Lyra gave her a reassuring nuzzle and then stepped up to Noteworthy, nuzzling his neck in fondly. "Alright, now that we've gotten most of the sappiness out, why doesn't a big, strong stallion like yourself escort two lovely ladies to Sunday fellowship, huh? Think you could keep us safe on that treacherous walk?"

The stallion chuckled and nodded. "Of course, stick close now. Who knows what treacherous villains lie in wait."

With a final giggle from the mares, they set out into the cold, Bon Bon on Noteworthy's right, and Lyra to his left.

"So," Lyra began, "will we be meeting Twist there, or is she in another rotation?"

"She, along with the Crusaders and friends, will be joining the Apple's fellowshipping," Noteworthy explained. "It just made things more simple. She was told to be home before dinner, though."

"What will we be having?" Lyra asked, perking her ears up.

"Curry with fried ramen and tofu," Bon Bon said with a proud grin. She'd gotten a nice set of eastern cookbooks for Hearth's Warming, and was all too eager to try them out. Thank the Maker she was an exceptional cook. The only thing worse than a pony who only thought they could cook anything was a pony who liked to share their abominations.

Both Lyra and Noteworthy found themselves licking their lips. This served to make Bon Bon's smile even larger.

A cold breeze picked up and prompted the mint mare to lean against the big earth pony for warmth. She gave him a nervous little grin, but stayed where she was. Bon Bon had a pleased smile of her own.

"Cold?"

"I forgot my shawl," Lyra groused, mentally berating herself for missing that one key item. Then she felt something fall upon her shoulders. "What the heck?"

Bon Bon had managed to remove her shawl, which she had grabbed on the way out, and laid it across all three of the their backs. Now, the two mares were leaning against the stallion between them, sharing the shawl.

"Better?" asked the confectioner.

Lyra nodded. "Much. Thank you."

Bon Bon nuzzled the side of Noteworthy's neck. "I hope you don't mind wearing a lady's shawl for a little bit."

He rolled his eyes. "It's got two of the loveliest mares in Equestria stuffed inside it. If anything, I'm the envy of all the stallions in town at the moment."

"Keep flattering us, big guy," Lyra said with a chuckle. After a moments silence, she gave him a nudge. "I mean it. Keep flattering us."

Noteworthy and Bon Bon shared a good laugh. Lyra wasn't amused.

"But, I'm being serious."

PreviousChapters Next