• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 9,220 Views, 224 Comments

The Kaiju Heir - Princess OtakuGeek



Twilight Sparkle makes a deal with two powerful kaiju to assume the mantle of the King of Kaiju.

  • ...
30
 224
 9,220

A Bargain is Struck and Transformation

This was the end. Chrysalis had won and Twilight Sparkle, prized pupil to Princess Celestia, was bleeding on the ground from a definitely fatal blow. When the spear struck, she'd registered the cries of Cadence, her family and friends. No, not friends. She'd seen that something was wrong and tried to warn them only to be dismissed repeatedly and ultimately they turned their backs on her.

And now here they were, on the losing side of an invasion with the nation's greatest heroes either restrained or bleeding into the carpet. Celestia had been defeated and Luna and her Gaurd were already chest deep in changelings and trying to protect the citizens of Canterlot. Though with how things were going, it was a pointless effort. The changelings outnumbered the guards and had caught them by surprise. With the shield gone and their forces in disarray, there wasn't any chance of beating off this attack.

For Twilight however, all this felt like it miles away. Her head was growing lighter as darkness pressed in along the edges of her vision. This was the end for both her and Equestria and after letting out a tired sigh, she closed her eyes for what she believed would be the last time.

"IS THAT IT? ARE YOU REALLY GIVING UP?"

The deep, rumbling voice that echoed through her mind came so suddenly that Twilight let out a startled gasp as her eyes snapped open. Instead of seeing the throne room however, Twilight found herself surrounded by black mist. And shifting amongst the darkness were shadows and shapes that she couldn't make out. The only thing she could tell is that they were big.

"IKA'BROD, I DO NOT BELIEVE SHE IS THE RIGHT ONE TO BEAR OUR POWER." A second voice, one that was an octave deeper than the first, spoke as though addressing the owner of the first. The unicorn frowned as her anger rose.

"AH, LOOKS LIKE YOU EVOKED HER IRE XEN." The first voice said in a teasing tone and Twilight exploded.

"Of course I'm angry!!" She shouted at her unknown guests. "I don't know if you already know this, but I've had it up to here with all this disguising and hiding! My foalsitter was replaced by a changeling for who knows how long, my brother has been brainwashed by said changeling and to top it all off, my five best friends turned their backs on me when I tried to warn everyone that something up! And now I'm dying so if you want to talk to me about anything, you can either show yourselves or move along!"

There was silence for a long moment before the first voice finally spoke. "YOU HAVE MUCH COURAGE TO SPEAK TO US LIKE THAT." The voice responded, his tone radiating interest and respect. "VERY WELL, WE SHALL SHOW OURSELVES."

At that moment a powerful wind blew the dark mist away. The landscape was still black in color, but now Twilight could get a good look at her guests. And once she did, her jaw dropped. Big couldn't even begin to describe how massive these creatures were. All three of them were big enough that they made an Ursa Major look like a pet dog. Heck, she was willing to bet that if they stood straight at their full height next to the mountain, Canterlot would be level with their shoulders. And that was only a rough estimate.

Moving away from their height for the time being, Twilight then began to take in their features. Two of the creatures were bipedal with enough similar features that Twilight felt it was safe to say that these two creatures were related in someway. Possibly brothers. One was slightly taller than the other with a navy blue\purple body, two huge crystals on his shoulders and crystalline spikes running down his back all the way to the end of his tail. And on his head was a trident shaped horn that added to his ferocious appearance.

The second one, while shorter than the other, was very sturdy like a huge linebacker and practically radiated power like his presence alone demanded respect. His body was darker in color like obsidian and running along his back were three rows of jagged spikes that were also dark in color. And as the unicorn stared, she noticed slits in the creature's neck that she could only guess were gills.

The third however far differed from the other two and was hard to describe. The closest description Twilight could come up with was big, red and demonic. The the next thing she noticed was the aura the creature exuded. Where the other two inspired power and respect, this one inspired fear in a way that gave Twilight shivers. It didn't help much that the being was glaring at her with narrowed yellow eyes, so Twilight quickly turned her attention back to the other two and her awe quickly returned.

"What are you?" Twilight's question broke the silence that had descended as she took in their appearance. Her eyes and tone was filled with academic curiosity and wonder. "You two look similar to dragons, but you're definitely not dragons if your size and appearance are anything to go by. I've never seen or heard of dragons that have crystals on their bodies or gills. If they are gills."

There was a deep rumbling sound that Twilight quickly realized was an indulgent chuckle. "THEY ARE INDEED GILLS." The darker of the three answered. "BUT GIVEN HOW PRESSED FOR TIME YOU ARE, THERE ISN'T MUCH I CAN TELL YOU. IN ANSWER TO YOU'RE EARLIER QUESTION, WE ARE KAIJU. AND AS FOR INTRODUCTIONS, MY NAME IS GODZILLA AND MY BROTHER'S NAME IS XENILLA. AND THIS IS DESTROYAH."

At the reminder of her situation, Twilight quickly snapped out of hungry scholar mode. There would be time for questions later. That is assuming she survived this. Already, her vision was beginning to blur and fade. A reminder that she was on a time limit.

"Why are you here?" She asked, her situation not affording her time to beat around the bush.

"TO OFFER YOU A BARGAIN." Xenilla was the one to answer. "SHOULD YOU ACCEPT, YOU WOULD BE GRANTED OUR POWER, STRENGTH AND ABILITIES. IN ADDITION, YOU'RE ENEMIES SHALL BE DRIVEN FROM YOU'RE HOME AND YOUR INJURIES SHALL HEAL."

Twilight considered his offer as carefully as she could. One thing her father always taught her was that nothing ever came for free. You always had to give a little to get a little. And with an offer like this, she was certain there had to be a sizeable price.

"It sounds like a good offer." She said. "What do I have to do for it?"

"BY ASSUMING OUR MANTLES OF POWER, YOU ARE ASSUMING MY POSITION AS THE KING OF KAIJU." Godzilla answer.

"King of Kaiju? What does that mean?" Twilight asked.

"THERE ISN'T TIME TO GO INTO SPECIFICS." Godzilla answered. "DO YOU ACCEPT OR NOT?"

By this point it was impossible to see Godzilla, Xenilla or Destroyah's faces. The kaiju was right, specifics could wait for a different time when her soul wasn't entering into the afterlife.

"I accept."

The moment those words left her mouth, her vision was filled with white and a very different sensation flooded her body. It felt like the magic surge she experienced when she earned her cutiemark only this time it didn't feel like magic, but rather pure power, like a force of nature was pumping through her body. Then like the surge, it ended but not without a noticeable difference. Now Twilight could feel a core of raw, hot power beating and pumping like a heart. At that moment, she felt like she could do anything and when she opened her eyes for real, the first thing she did was smash the spear that'd impaled her so she could pull it out.

This of course drew the attention of everyone in the room, most notably Queen Chrysalis who whirled around from her place at the window to ascertain what had made that cracking sound. The moment her eyes landed on the staggering unicorn pulling out her crystalline spear however, her expression was one of shock before it quickly morphed into a furious snarl.

"You. You're supposed to be dead!" She hissed between bared teeth. Twilight shot the Queen a glare as she felt rage bubble up in her chest. And as this rage boiled, Twilight could feel a surge of power building up inside of her just waiting to break loose.

"Well I guess I'm more durable than you thought." She retorted and Chrysalis' eye twitched. With a flare of her horn she summoned a second spear, this one bigger than the first, aimed for a more fatal spot and launched it with a shout of 'DIE!' The spear flew at terrific speeds right for Twilight and despite the other's cries for her to run or get out of the way, the unicorn stood her ground and when it was close enough, she knocked it aside with her hoof.

Everyone gaped as they watched the projectile fly across the room and impact on the ceiling where Celestia's cocoon was with enough force to knock down the ceiling and the cocoon attached. Under normal circumstances Twilight would've been gaping as well in shock at her newfound strength, but at this moment she was too angry and the energy that she'd built up was ready to be released.

"My turn." Was the only warning anyone had for what came next.

For those who were outside of the castle, it was like a pulse that radiated from the castle, knocking ponies off their hooves or out of the air, picking up anything loose and sending it flying, pushing back and\or knocking over carts and wagons, destroying or damaging buildings and sending the changeling invaders flying. Some were killed in the blast, but some lived and ended up escaping carrying their wounded.

At the center of ground zero for the pulse was Twilight Sparkle. When the pulse was released from her body, there were similar effects. Her friends and Cadence, who'd been glued to the ground by some sticky substance, were pulled from their restraints and sent flying along with Shining Armor, Celestia's cocoon was ripped open and Chrysalis was thrown out the window. Before she could crash in the gardens below however, she regained control of her flight and flew up. Outside she was able to see the damage done by that one pulse and her retreating forces. Deciding that she didn't want to see what else the unicorn could do, she lit up her horn to create a flaming green portal that she retreated through before she closed it behind her.

Back in the wedding room, the Mane Six were climbing up from where they landed, their wobbly gaits showing that they were dazed from the sudden launch. Cadence was tending to her fiancée since he'd ended up banging his head which, while it resulted in a bleeding head, seemed to have cleared him of Chrysalis' influence. Though that didn't mean they weren't going to have somepony look at him to make sure it was all gone.

Out of all the ponies in the room, the only ones who weren't unsteady on their hooves or tending to someone else were Spike and Celestia. While Spike had been flung across the room and hit a wall, his draconic nature made him far more durable than the ponies. As for Celestia, her alicorn nature made her sturdier as well, plus the cocoon she'd been encased in had taken the brunt of the pulse. As the others were trying to help each other up and steady one another, these two were quickly making their way towards Twilight who even now was swaying on her hooves.

After that pulse left her, Twilight instantly felt exhausted and heavy. She'd held herself together until Chrysalis left but now that the threat was over, there was nothing stopping her from collapsing and taking a plain old nap. Just as she went down, she felt someone catch her head and when she looked up she saw Spike looking down at her. She mustered up a genuine smile. Even though he did walk out with her 'friends' after what happened, she didn't hate him or feel betrayed. He was her oldest friend\little brother\son and her Number One Assistant. Plus he was just a kid and Twilight felt she could forgive him more readily than her full grown adult 'friends'.

Coming up behind Spike she saw Princess Celestia. The Solar Diarch's expression started out as concern but it then morphed into a look of shocked horror. Twilight was confused. Why would her mentor be making that expression at her. Unfortunately she didn't get to ask as she began drifting into a more natural sleep than before. As she did however, she heard Godzilla's voice echo in her ears.

"SLEEP NOW AND WHEN YOU WAKE, YOU WILL BE FULLY REBORN AS A KAIJU. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER TO NEVER LOSE YOURSELF IN YOUR ANGER AND RAGE. THE WAY YOU ARE NOW, IT IS VERY EASY TO CROSS THE LINE BETWEEN GAURDIAN OR MONSTER SIMPLY BY LETTING RAGE AND HATRED RULE. DO NOT FALL INTO THAT TRAP. GOOD LUCK."

Twilight could only ponder what he meant by that for a few moments before her mind faded into the sweet oblivion of sleep.

✴✴✴✴✴✴

In the wake of the invasion and pulse, relief teams were rushing around helping ponies and in some cases rescuing ponies that ended up under rubble or in similar situations. Amongst these were doctors and medics ranging from paramedics and doctors from various clinics and hospitals in Canterlot to medics from the Royal Guard and Wonderbolts. The castle medical staff were also packing up to contribute their own efforts when Princess Celestia herself burst in with her student on her back.

"I need a medic out here right now!" She shouted in a commanding voice that was rarely heard. As they were placing the unicorn on a gurney, Celestia continued. "She needs a full magic infusion now!"

Once that fully registered, everypony on the medical staff ground to a halt mentally and physically then turned to look at her as though she were insane. Magic infusion was a relatively new-ish and highly risky procedure. Even a partial magic infusion carried a number of risks and complications, the most common of which was the patient's body rejecting the magic that had been infused. Those that did survive the procedure would have their magic ability reduced to half of what it had once been with a very narrow chance of recovering their previous level.

And Celestia wanted them to perform that same procedure on her prized pupil. While none of them would say it out loud, they were all thinking the same thing. 'Surely she must be joking.' And yet when they turned to their ruler, her expression was one of grim determination that denied any speculations of insanity or jest. As the doctors prepared for the infusion, Princess Celestia's thoughts began to drift to her sister.

Around the time before Nightmare Moon, Luna had been studying and dabbling in dark magic. At the time dark magic was almost unknown. There were certain spells that were considered taboo, but no magic specifically designed for such spells and with how spotty information on the subject was, Celestia almost dismissed it as rumours and folklore. To this day, she wished that was true. When they encountered Sombra however, he wielded a powerful magic that he called dark magic. After Sombra's defeat, Luna started studying and experimenting with the dark magic, much to Celestia's displeasure.

Luna had reasoned that it was entirely possible to use dark magic for other less nefarious purposes and the only way they could do that was by understanding it's nature. And if it turned out that that wasn't the case, they would still know enough to counter it if they encountered it again. Though Celestia still disapproved, she couldn't argue with her sister on that point. Who knew when the next dark sorcerer would pop up and given how close their battle with Sombra was, she couldn't deny that knowing about their opponent's magic would be a major boon in that situation.

Unfortunately her dabbling in dark magic led to some distrust towards her from their subjects and despite her best efforts, Luna couldn't seem to regain their trust in their eyes. One thing led to another and things began to spiral out of control as the citizens fear, distrust and superstitious nature reached ridiculous levels. Around the time of Luna's transformation it had gotten to the point where ponies were locking themselves in their homes when ever the sun set and night came. Celestia believed that Nightmare Moon's reasoning for eternal night was that if they were so scared of the night than she would make the night eternal so that they wouldn't be so scared.

In the aftermath of Luna's banishment, Celestia and most of the populace blamed the dark magic she'd been studying. At the time, it was the only logical conclusion. Her first law that she drafted herself was to ban dark magic and it's usage. She didn't want any other families or friends to be hurt or torn apart by the foul magic. Now that her sister had returned however, Luna had been looking into getting the law repealed. This of course shocked Celestia and she was doing her best to resist her. She didn't want to lose her sister again.

And now it looked like she'd lose her student.

She didn't know how it happened, but after she came back to life she could sense an energy that shared numerous characteristics with that damnable dark magic. As they wheeled Twilight's gurney into an operation room to begin the procedure, she prayed to what deities she knew (including some that hadn't been worshiped for centuries) that the doctors would be able to drive out what corruption had taken her student. Taking in a deep breath and bringing herself back to the present, Celestia started to follow after the doctors when one stopped her.

"Sorry Princess but this is a very delicate procedure and for safety reasons, we can't let anyone except the doctors and nurses performing it in until we're done." He explained. "You'll have to wait out here."

Celestia nodded. There were things she needed to do out here anyways. There was only so much her sister could do in the way of reassuring the public and judging by the approaching voices, Twilight's friends, brother and her old foalsitter were coming to seek medical attention and would want to know what was going on with their friend\sister.

"Of course doctor." She said. "I leave her in you're hooves and I pray you will be successful."

The doctor only nodded and closed the doors behind him. The next moment, a red light over the door switched on, indicating that the procedure was starting and that nopony was to enter. It was out of the princess' hooves. All she could do now was wait and pray. In the meantime however, there were six mares and one stallion that were going to want answers and an entire city that needed reassuring. With these things in mind, the Solar Diarch took a deep breath and braced herself for what was coming. Little did she know that the future had much more in store for her than she initially thought at the time.

✴✴✴✴✴✴

Once the door was shut and the light turned on, the doctors and nurses could begin. For this infusion, they had four canisters of pure light magic but before they could start, an examination of the patient was in order.

"Doctor, so far I'm not seeing any sign of physical injuries or anything that would warrant a full magic infusion." A nurse by the name of Iris Song reported with a frown. The lead doctor of the operation, Goldenseal, frowned as well.

"Pull out our scanning equipment then." He replied. "Princess Celestia wouldn't request something like a full magic infusion without a good reason so maybe it's something we can't see. Like extreme mana exhaustion or something like that. I imagine that you can't drive off those bugs without any sort of side effects."

Iris didn't hesitate to pull out said items and had already begun scanning as Goldenseal continued speaking. As she looked over the data on her scanner however, her frown deepened.

"It's definitely not any sort of mana depletion. In fact it looks like it's........increased?" As she'd been speaking, more data scrawled across the screen and her scowl quickly morphed into a look of confusion.

"Miss Song? Is something wrong?" Golden asked with concern in his voice.

"I'm not completely sure." Iris answered. "According to these readings, it looks like Twilight's mana has no only increased, but it's also changing into something else. I've never seen anything like it before and going by these readings, I hesitate to even call it magic. It's so different and much stronger than any type of magic I've seen before, including dark magic. And it's all flowing from this core right around the heart and the way its pumping this energy around body, I'd almost call it a secondary heart."

Goldenseal frowned at this information. Iris Song was his best nurse and a jack of all trades as far as medical skills went. She knew various treatments from herbal to antibiotics and mundane to magical. She was also very tough and no nonsense though still very kind and caring when she needed to be and in all the years he'd known her, he knew there were very few things that could rattle or even startle her. So when everyone heard the shock and surpise in her voice, they gave her their undivided attention. For a few moments the other doctors and nurses were silent as they digested this information. Finally Goldenseal broke that silence.

"Let's take a sample of what ever it is then." He said. It was honestly all they could think to do in this situation and everypony instantly lept back into action. As they were taking the sample however, the machine exploded. This shocked even Iris since that device had been designed to withstand an alicorn's power. But before they could even speculate what had happened, Twilight began to glow as large amounts of intense heat poured off of her, making the ponies back up several steps as many of their instruments and the gurney she was on began to warp or melt. Then, to their surprise, her body began to change.

The unicorn grew to more than twice her size, about one and a half head taller than Big Mac as her violet coat darkened to black. Her mane and tail grew longer and spikier as they turned a shade of off white. The only part of her mane that retained its original colors were the two stripes of pink and purple. Her coat also grew longer and shaggier with the fur on her back being particularly spiky to the point where it was standing up on its own and turning the same shade as her mane. The most interesting transformation however were her hooves.

Her hooves first shifted colors from violet to black and then split into hoof-like claws. Four for her forelegs and three on her hind hooves. Slits then appeared on either side of the base of Twilight's neck, their purpose clear to anyone who'd ever seen a fish. Her flat teeth sharpened and her horn began to flatten against her head and changed to ivory as it morphed into a trident shape. Then to their complete shock, twin bulges developed on her back then exploded into a pair of wings. They were far larger than any pegasi's wings and were draconic in shape and as dark as her coat.

By this point, the light and heat had begun to fade until finally it ceased and then Twilight's eyes snapped open. Her eyes were now a brilliant orange-red with a dagger shaped pupil. At the sight of the eye, every doctor and nurse flinched back except Iris. Noticing the reactions of her fellow colleagues, she rolled her eyes in exasperation. She'd moved here to Canterlot in first place because she couldn't stand the dramatic over reactions of her cousins. Amongst her group, she was the only one who didn't make a fuss over everything.

Her first theory was the fact that she lived in the proximity of the Everfree forest but that quickly went out the window when she realized that they lived near the Everfree too and they still fainted in horror when ever one of the flowers had a broken stem. Now that doesn't mean she didn't love her family, but she quickly got sick of being the only one in their group with any sort of backbone. Now here she was again the only brave one while her collogues were cowering like foals in a thunderstorm. Needless to say, Iris Song wasn't pleased with the situation.

Pushing aside those thoughts however, she turned her attention back to the newly transformed 'unicorn'. By this point, Twilight had figured out where she was and had then proceeded to examine herself. Iris wasn't the only one who found this transformation fascinating, Twilight Sparkle herself was also curious about what her new form could do and found it to be a very interesting experience to have individual digits and wings. She'd observed Spike using his own claws long enough to know how they worked and while these claws were different from Spike's, they still functioned the same way so it didn't take her long to roll off the gurney and land on her claws.

The thud her landing generated made the other doctors and nurses flinch back, but Twilight ignored them in favor of the glowing canisters of magic. Approaching the canisters with the promise of sustenance within, she grabbed one and tore off the top with ease. She then stuck her muzzle in and began devouring the pure light magic like it was simply food and not something that could potentially short out a pony's magic system if taken in all at once without the necessary precautions.

As she observed this action, Iris theorized that the reason for this reaction was that because of the drastic changes made to her body within the last half hour or so, she required some form of sustenance and it seemed though the raw light magic that had been intended for the magic fusion were sufficient. As Twilight finished off the first canister and proceeded to do the same to the other three, Iris began to slowly and cautiously approach. This was a new, never before seen lifeform and she had a feeling that reacting suddenly and violently would lead to nothing but trouble. So she approached slowly and cautiously.

By the time Twilight finished her fourth and final canister of magic, Iris was practically right next to her. But before she could get the transformed mare's attention, one of the doctors ran up and struck her from behind with a heart monitor. Iris hadn't seen him coming until the last minute when she couldn't stop him in time and when the blow landed she had to resist the urge to face hoof at his (admittedly fear induced) stupidity. Not only did his attack fail, the damaged heart monitor only breaking apart on the former unicorn's back (undoubtedly the first thing he could grab for his spur of the moment attack), but he also drew the undivided attention of Twilight. The fool cowered under her orange-red gaze as though Nightmare Moon herself had returned.

As Twilight stared at the cowering doctor, she contemplated what to do. True he'd attacked her, but his attempt had worked just as well as a stuffed rabbit would on a bear and she wasn't particularly mad at him. But given how afraid he and the other ponies in the room were (she still hadn't noticed Iris Song) she guessed that another attack from somepony else wouldn't be long in coming. Plus, now that she'd eaten her fill, she had places to go and things to do. She'd never felt so free and alive before and she planned to enjoy that a little before escaping the city.

From where she was standing, Iris saw what was coming a mile away. Quickly she ducked and hid beneath the closest thing she could reach, the gurney Twilight Sparkle had been on. It had been slightly melted and warped by a combination of the earlier heat and increased weight of the pony that'd been on it earlier, but there was still enough room beneath it for the nurse to squeeze under for what she suspected was coming. True to her suspicions, Twilight Sparkle released another pulse from her body. This one was much smaller than the first one and was only enough to knock the ponies in the room off their hooves and into the wall knocking them all out cold.

With everyone sufficiently knocked unconscious, Twilight then turned to a particular wall that she was certain was an outer wall. Gathering hot energy in her throat, Twilight released a blast of neon blue at the wall which swiftly broke\melted under the torrent of power, exposing the operation room to the gardens outside. Since the this particular part of the gardens was a far corner with nopony about, it was easy for Twilight to jump the short distance to the ground (using her new wings as a parachute) and leave the castle grounds without anyone noticing. Well, almost nobody.

When Twilight lept out, Iris quickly crawled out from her hiding place and approached the now destroyed wall. Looking out she could see Twilight quickly leaving and was able to determine where she was headed. Then she lept out the window after the mare. The operating room, while on the ground floor, was a fair distance up from the ground. No matter, there were bushes nearby that Iris could jump towards and her earthpony nature meant that she was a little more durable than the other pony races though clearly not on the same level of durability that Twilight was on. After shaking off the leaves and twigs, Iris Song then took off after Twilight without hesitation.

Author's Note:

Okay, a great start now a few things I'd like to say. First off, this is based off of Snow Ghost Pony's story Kaiju Rumble and written with their permission.

Secondly, you're probably wondering about Xenilla and what that is and where it's from. Well earlier I got in touch with another author, Tarbtano, about using that same name for another story that is far far faaaaaaar into the future, not because of writers block but because I'm still establishing the verse this story is going to be in. Needless to say, there's lots that needs establishing.

Anyways, Xenilla is the name that Tarbtano gave Space Godzilla in his story The Bridge, an amazing story and if you haven't already read it, I suggest you do that right now. I asked him if I could use his name in my story and he said that it was okay with them if I spread the name around. I just have to give credit where credit is due which I don't mind doing. So credit for Xenilla goes to Tarbtano and his story (seriously, go check it out). Xenilla x Blade Dancer 4ever!

Okay, a few more items on the docket here. In case you were wondering about Godzilla's appearance, it is more or less based on his appearance in the 2014 film because that film first got me interested in the classic Kaiju. I haven't really watched the old movies, but I have done my homework and I must say that this is awesome. If you don't like the way I'm portraying these Kaiju, than fine. I'm not forcing you to read this story. But please don't flame me in the comments.