• Published 24th Nov 2011
  • 5,325 Views, 16 Comments

Army of the sun - Greengrass



twilight and celestia romance.

  • ...
5
 16
 5,325

A song for the princess

The freezing wind blazed through the dark sky, carrying the sounds of night. Heavy, dark gray clouds obscured the stars from view on this beautiful night. Winter was in back in Equestria, colder than ever it rained down on the land. All the ponies were warm in their homes tucked beneath their woolly blankets, taken to a dreamland far away by the sandpony. Blissfully unaware of the outside world, they slept through what would become a magical moment.

High above the world of earthponies on the slopes of Canterlot Mountain; where the royal castle resided, were six ponies still awake. In the dead of night, hidden by the greenery in the gardens of the court they laid out the final parts of their grand scheme.

A purple mare, by the name of Twilight Sparkle, couldn’t help but feel a lack of faith in it.
“Girls, are you sure this is a good plan. I can’t just do this, not here. If anyone sees, they will force me to leave forever! Can’t I just tell her?”
They hushed her and looked at her, each one of them giving her a look that said ‘are you kidding me’.
“So can I?” She pleaded, taking the breath from her friend’s mouths.
The white mare Rarity turned from the group.

“Dear, you can’t just tell a lady that you love her.” Rarity was right and therefor she cursed her and her idea.
“Twilight, you may possess the wisdom of an entire library, but you know nothing about romance. Now, you just prepare yourself and we do the rest.” She winked at her devilishly, and turned back to group to scheme their evil plan.
Fear gnawed on her, making her shiver to bone. But to no avail she tried to sooth her heart, it was trembling inside her. Her hopes sank as time went by. She didn’t hear her friends; their voices were snatched away by the wind.

It was their fault, not letting her just tell how she felt. Facing herself with the greatest challenge in her life, they wanted to help her. But in the end, they made it harder. She had to sing to the princess as a way to convey her love. She laughed. The petite librarian from pony Ville, singing to the princess of all ponies and ruler of Equestria and regent of the sun? Oh, and she had to do It on a cloud hundreds of feet above the ground while wind dangerously razed by, threatening to throw her into the abyss below.

Twilight cursed herself, and her friends, all of them. Stupid friends with their silly plans and silly romance. But she couldn’t help to smile because when she looked up to where her princess was; she thanked them for being here to help.
She was so lost in concentration thinking about her friends when she was scooped up by a white fluffy cloud. She yelped as she clung on for dear life.

“Twi? Twi!” Somepony yelled, opening her eyes she saw her friends looking at her, smiling.
“Good luck up there.” Rainbow dash said, she winked and flew up to take her position. Fluttershy nuzzled her before too flying up, joining Rainbow. Pinkie pie hoped and grinned widely.
“You are such a lucky luckily lucksie pants Twilight.”
“We are mighty proud of ya sugarcube.” Applejack added, rarity nodding in approval.
"Do your best, lady killer." Grinning, she wiped away a tear.

Slowly, the cloud rose up from the grass up to her final destination. Her friends being drawn from view, she was now alone. Music started to play from below, a heavy guitar tune, but melodic at the same time. It was her favorite song, because it reminded her about the princess and how she felt.

Looking up, she saw it had done its work. Light shined from the room, the princess had heard it. Now she only needed to add the cherry on the cake. Taking in a deep breath of freezing air, she concentrated and let her emotions flow to her voice. With passion and heart she did not talk but sang to her.

“I was electrified by your eyes as they froze,
Inviting me inside of your life to grow.“

The music kicked in, busting into a harsher riff. She could imagine Rarity going crazy about it, how it not fitted such a situation. She didn’t care. As the tunes got louder Twilight let voice flow with it.

“Everlasting setting sun.
You’re my angel, you’re the only one.
No one close and nothing compares in the end.
Will we be together again?”

The music went back to a more quiet sound, giving her a small pause. She dared to look up, her heart leapt when she saw the princess standing on the balcony. Facing the cold, she came out to listen and now she looked down at her. Her heart started to flame, beat faster than a million buffalos stampeding in the desert. But instead of fright she gained courage.

“I’m so mesmerized by the light you expose,
igniting a fire deep inside of my soul.”

The wind rustled, her hair waved in her face. She took a peek, Celestia still watched in silence. Beneath them in the garden, her friends yelled and cheered her on.

“Everlasting setting sun.
You’re my angel, you’re the only one.
No one close and nothing compares in the end
You’re my angel, you’re the only one.”

Taking courage, she locked her eyes with the princess. She felt certain of herself, proud that she stood here and what she did. But mostly of all, she felt happy because finally she was saying it.

“Staring at you and all you are,
I believe.
yeah I believe,
Yeah I believe.”

*breath*

“We will be together again.
So much sadness, what happened to happiness?
Will we be together again?
You’re my angel, you’re the only one.
No one close and nothing compares in the end.
We will be together again?”

The music stopped, everything went mute. Her heart was pounding, her breath was taken away. Never had she felt like this, hot and trembling, on the edge of wishing she was gone. Gazing, she hoped to read an answer in her eyes, anything that could hint what she was thinking. The silence killed her; doubt was never something she felt good with.

What would the princess do? Would she hate her now she knew what she felt? Will she be banished to the moon, or locked up in a dungeon. Maybe the princess will lock her up in a dungeon on the moon. She lost hope, her heart sank and she got cold. The wind rushed by while her eyes started to tear. But then, in the wind was a soothing voice singing. She looked up the see the princess, wings spread, smiling down on her.

“There’s a calm surrender,
to the rush of day.
When the heat of the rolling world,
can be turned away.
An enchanted moment
and it sees me through.
It’s enough for this restless warrior,
just to be with you.”

Comments ( 16 )

ooooooohhhhhhhh the first twilestia i've seen... and a beautiful one at that i can tell you...:twilightblush:

Caaaan you feel the loooove toniiiight?
Trust Celestia to break that one out :P A decent enough little fic, short and sweet. Good job.

Me want the rythm for the song:pinkiehappy:

It had been so long since I heard can you feel the love tonight, that I had to look up the lyrics to fid what song Celestia was singing, and then I had to look up the song itself to remind me of the tune :rainbowlaugh:
ah well, for a one shot this was very good

Solid concept. Watch your grammar and capitalization.

I think the lyrics of the song could have stood some more consideration-- is Twilight really a warrior, for example?

But the idea of Twilight singing a love song breaks my heart, Greengrass, it really does.

136128

None of the lyrics say that Twilight is a warrior, if you refer to the last part, Celestia is singing that.
The part twilight sings isn't as much as a love song as 'can you feel the love tonight' is. I had hoped that it that the readers understand that singing a song, or a love song, isn't exactly something twilight does alot or likes to do.

Nice.

I thought the first song seemed kind of odd for a serenade, somehow out of character for Twilight, but... Celestia's response? That's one of my all time favorite romantic songs. I can just hear her singing it. And it DOES fit. "It's enough for this restless warrior, just to be with you." Celestia, keeping Equestria safe for thousands of years. Hmmm... I like it.

This is seriously and singularly awesome.
Nine of the twilestia fics I ever seen are as beautiful as this.
Such beauty and grace *sobs*:pinkiesad2:

This is awesome. Just one thing. "Her heart boasted"? I have no idea what that would mean, since boasting isn't a feeling AFAICS. I suggest something like "Her heart leapt" or "Her heart jumped" or even possibly "Her heart twisted"

375457
Thanks you, and thanks for the advice. I'll change it ^^

Can I haz moar?:fluttershysad:

Daaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww.

clap clap clap

1386131
I'm working on new twilestia one-shot, but that's been going on for a few months now so I don't know when It will be finished. But it will be longer and better!

I still love this fanfic :v

Login or register to comment