• Published 25th Feb 2016
  • 14,356 Views, 22,610 Comments

Silver Glow's Journal - Admiral Biscuit



Silver Glow takes an opportunity to spend a year at an Earth college, where she'll learn about Earth culture and make new friends.

  • ...
100
 22,610
 14,356

PreviousChapters Next
June 6 [Math Final]

June 6

I slept like a foal, and when I woke up I was ready for the new day. I probably could have stayed in bed until Meghan's alarm went off, but I wanted to get a little bit of exercise in because that helped wake me up, so I kissed her on the cheek then got out of bed and pulled the covers back up over her so that she wouldn't be cold.

Before I left, I stuck my muzzle against the window to see what the weather was like and it was perfectly clear—as far as I could see, anyway—and I thought about opening the curtains, but I didn't.

I had to go back to my room to get my flight gear, and then I went out to Pebble Beach and got my flight clearance and even though I wasn't supposed to, I said that I had a final exam today and the grumpy man told me good luck!

I always worry that I'll be late to important stuff like tests, so I stayed close by and just flew in a big ellipse around to the far edge of Western's campus then back again. It was a short enough flight that I didn't get very sweaty, but I still took a shower because I didn't want to change my morning routine.

Then when I went to breakfast I was too early and had to wait in the lounge until the dining hall opened, and I was the first one in there.

It was a good thing, too. Like the last time I was early, they hadn't put out all the food yet, but the waffle-maker was there and so I made a waffle and also had some fruit and then I also took one strip of bacon because protein was good for sustained energy and they didn't have any fish.

I didn't know who would be at our table, and when I got there there wasn't anybody, so after I had finished my waffle I looked in the dark room and none of my friends were there, and no one was in any of the other rooms, either, so I went back to my usual table and ate my bacon and then when I was eating my fruit Sean sat down. I asked him if Christine was coming, and he shook his head and said that she'd sent him a telephone telegram last night saying that she was going to be up all night cramming for her afternoon final.

He said that he was ready for the math test, and so was I. I finished my fruit and took my tray back, and then sat there until he was done eating. I'd noticed Keith and a few other people from our class had come into the dining hall for breakfast, too; Keith looked really tired and his tray only had two cups on it.

I guess he had been up all night, too.

We went to class together, and waited patiently until Professor Sir Doctor Banerjee came in and he waited a few minutes after class had officially started before he closed the door and then passed out our tests.

There weren't that many questions, and as I went through the test I saw that most of them were what we'd learned in the last three weeks of class. That was good; I really liked fractals, and having a test on them was a lot of fun.

Then I got to a question that asked which was a real exponent and there were choices like Leprechaun and Lenovitch and the correct answer was of course the Lyapunov exponent and I set down my pencil and looked over at Sean and when he looked at me I stuck my tongue out at him then went back to taking the test.

He must not have been as far along, because I was on the last page when I heard him say 'goddam it' under his breath which I figured meant that he had gotten to that question, and I would have looked up and stuck my tongue out at him again but I was busy writing out an equation and I really had to focus on those because even though I'd gotten a lot better at drawing math letters, it was still difficult to get them right.

Just like last time, I finished first and had lots of time to carefully go back through my test and make sure that there weren't any mistakes. Then I took it up front and set it on Professor Sir Doctor Banerjee's desk and quietly thanked him for the class and he said that it had been a pleasure having me.

I had the whole rest of the day free, which was kind of weird. I didn't know what I was going to do to fill the time, but I thought that it would be nice to wait for Sean, so I flew up to the nearest tree and landed on one of the low branches and stretched out there and watched for him to come out.

I was kinda having second thoughts when he hadn't showed up for a while—maybe he was going to go out the front doors, 'cause that was closer to Christine's dorm—but he finally came out. So I flew down and asked him how he'd done and he said that he was sure he'd passed, but there were a few questions he'd had trouble with, and I said that maybe we should have studied together a bit more, but he'd said that he knew everything when we'd finished up on Sunday.

He told me that when he takes tests, he forgets about stuff he knows, because of the stress. And then he reached into his back pocket and took out a five-dollar bill and gave it to me and said that he never would have guessed that would actually be on the test.

Sean said that he didn't have any plans for the rest of the morning, either, but he had another test in the afternoon in his computer science class which was going to be really easy for him. And he said that Christine would have her test in history which is what she had been studying for all night long.

Since there wasn't anything else to do, he said that if I wanted to, I could watch an episode of Star Trek in his room before lunch, so I followed him back to his room and watched Captain Picard fight with an alien called Q, and when it was over he told me to keep his room safe while he went to the bathroom.

I thought about the time that me and Christine had used it even though we weren't supposed to, and I thought about the big open shower they had in there and so when he got back I asked him if the shower was so big because this was the dorm for people who liked taking group showers, and he said that it was just like that because it was old and hadn't been remodeled and he was really happy that there weren't many people who wanted to use it.

Then I said that it would be fun to take a group shower, and he shook his head and said that there was no way that was going to happen, which was kind of disappointing.

But the joke was on him, because when he brought it up at lunch, Christine said that it would be a great way to unwind after a day of finals, and she eventually managed to convince him and Peggy and Joe by telling them that everyone would wear underwear or bathing suits or whatever they were comfortable in and it would kind of be like the beach. I don't think she would have thought it was a good idea except that Sean thought it was a bad idea.

I had to leave lunch a little early, 'cause Mister Salvatore and Miss Cherilyn needed to take me out shopping for things for my new apartment, because it didn't have anything in it. Well, they thought that the most important thing was a bed, so we looked around at a lot of different choices, and I finally decided to get a futon, which was a really clever thing that could be both a couch and a bed. I also got a papasan chair just like the one in Christine's room, and also a desk for my computer and a chair that I could sit in and then there were a lot more things that Miss Cherilyn said I ought to have like curtains but I couldn't think of a use for them and Mister Salvatore said that he liked my minimalist style.

There was a really pretty painting of a tree that changed from having leaves to being bare depending on how you looked at it and I thought that was nice, so we got that, too.

Then since we were out anyways I got some groceries plus food for the party, which was mostly beer and lots of flavors of potato chips, plus a couple of big platters of vegetables.

Everything fit in the back of Sienna, and we took it over to my new apartment and they carried it upstairs and put it together and I could see that Miss Cherilyn wasn't too happy about it, but she didn't say anything.

There was a room in the very back that was supposed to be the bedroom, she told me, but I didn't like that it only had one window, so had them put the futon in the other big room, and the papasan, too, and I had him hang the tree-picture between two windows and I thought it looked pretty good.

Then she said that I needed a shower curtain, which we hadn't got, and I remembered that I would like a bookshelf, too, so we got back in Sienna and made another trip and then finally everything was set up.

They dropped me off back on campus, and gave me the key to my apartment and Miss Cherilyn reminded me to lock the door always, and then they also gave me a copy of the rules to read, which I thought I'd do tomorrow after my poetry class and before the party.

Everyone was a lot more relaxed at dinner—like I'd thought, having a final early meant that you didn't have to worry about it any more once it was over—and even though Christine complained that they didn't have anything too good for dinner, everyone was in a pretty good mood. Joe said that he was only one final away from freedom, and he said he was going to spend the rest of the week resting on his laurels before graduation. Then Peggy asked him if he'd gotten all his lecture credits, and he nodded. He said that there were some seniors who had been forced to attend every play and concert and lecture that was offered for the last quarter because they hadn't, and I remembered that Aric had been laughing about them because he automatically got them for every play he worked on.

I guess I was lucky that I didn't have to worry about them, since I was a visitor. I wonder if the student who's exchanging with me gets a break because she's in Equestria?

One thing that they did have for dinner that made everyone happy was ice cream for dessert. There was a machine that made fake ice-cream in a weird star-shape, which I'd tried once and didn't like, but they had big tubs of real ice-cream instead and lots of different toppings, and so we all had some for dessert.

Before we split up, Christine reminded us to meet in an hour at Sean's for the group shower, and he put his hand over his face like I'd seen Captain Picard do, and Christine punched him.

So Peggy and I went back to our room and we both turned on our computers and checked our Facebooks and computer letters and I had gotten one from Professor Sir Doctor Banerjee saying that I had gotten a 98% on the test and my total grade was 97%, and so I told Peggy and she thought that was really good, and reminded me not to brag about it because maybe Sean hadn't done as well. Then she got a little smile and said it was okay if he bragged first.

She put on her swimsuit and then her clothes back on top of it and then changed her mind and put on a sports bra instead and a pair of panties that wasn't as lacy as the ones she liked to wear. I asked if she was going to wear all that in the shower and she said it depended on what everyone else did. Then she reminded me to take a towel, too, and I told her that I'd never forget my towel and tossed it across my back.

When we got to Sean's room, we had to wait for Joe to arrive, and when he got there were were talking and finally Christine said that we ought to talk in the shower, which I agreed with, and even Joe said that it would be a good learning experience since they did this kind of thing in Japan although the public baths were separated by gender. Christine told him to imagine that she had a dick, and he said that didn't help.

Sean said that we ought to make a sign so nobody was surprised, and he drew one that said 'orgy in progress.' Christine told him that was all wrong, and added the word 'platonic' to the top and said it was good and then herded him out the door and we all followed.

He went in the bathroom first to make sure that no one was in there, and when he was sure it was empty he told the rest of us to come in. Christine put the sign on the door, and Sean started turning on the showers, trying not to get his pants or shirt wet. He said that the steam would help hide his shame.

Pretty soon everyone was getting undressed. They had to take turns on the bench to get their shoes off—humans have trouble taking them off if they're standing—and then once that was done, people moved aside to let the next person sit on the bench.

Christine had already taken off her shirt and bra before she sat down, and by then Joe and I were in the shower. He was wearing a swimsuit-like pair of shorts he called boxer briefs and of course I wasn't wearing anything.

At first, Joe completely avoided looking at Christine until she said that if she didn't want anyone looking at her boobs she would have left her bra on, and then when his face got really red (and he still wouldn't look at her) she told Sean that if he'd lose his underwear she'd lose hers, too.

Sean said that he didn't want to be the first one to get naked, and she said that he'd been beat by a pony, which I didn't think was fair but I kept my mouth shut, 'cause I didn't want to start an argument, and I thought that maybe people weren't having fun, which was too bad, 'cause I'd thought it was a good idea, but it had wound up with the boys at one shower and the girls at another and me kind of in the middle.

Then Christine said that she'd had more fun at a funeral, and she told Sean it wasn't like he had anything to hide anyway and went over and took his underwear off for him and before he could protest she looked him right in the eye and said that the Death Star had a better fire-suppression system than the Starship Enterprise, and he said that wasn't true at all and then they were arguing about it until I think he forgot he was naked.

She took off her panties when she was arguing, and I don't think he noticed. She slid them over her hips and then stepped over them when she was poking her finger into his chest to make a point.

Once Sean and Christine had finished their argument, everyone clustered together around one shower, and it was a lot more fun then. Peggy finally decided to take her sports bra off, throwing it on the bench, and then Joe had two girls that he wouldn't look at—I sort of felt bad for him.

We were probably in there for an hour or more. One guy came in and he looked over at all of us then shook his head and went right back out, but otherwise we weren't bothered even though we were breaking the rules. Peggy said that there were rules that mattered and rules that didn't and this was one of the ones that didn't.

Eventually, we decided that we'd had enough fun and turned off the showers and dried off. Neither Christine or Sean put their underwear back on, since it wasn't too far to his room, and Peggy decided that she could go without her bra back to our room.

On the way back, she said that it was weird of her to think that that kind of thing was normal for me, and then she said that she wondered if Joe would get used to social bathing when he was in Japan. I said I didn't know; it was the kind of thing I'd never thought about until I was on Earth, and it was still kind of weird to me how people wanted to hide certain parts of their bodies from everyone.

And I said it was also still a bit weird that men had nipples.

When we were back in our room, she changed into her lounging clothes and asked if I was going to be staying for the night, and I told her that I was going to go to Aric's house and spend the night with him.

She told me that there was a sex position called 'cowboy-style' and said I should try that because maybe it would help him with his monologue, and I thought that was a fun idea.

I gathered all my flight gear and hugged her before I left, then I flew over to Aric's house.

I went through his window—this time I made sure to not get stuck—and sat on the bed while he did his monologue twice, then when he got undressed and in bed I got on top of him and it was really weird but we both liked it.

PreviousChapters Next