• Published 10th Feb 2016
  • 1,366 Views, 68 Comments

Reality is Magic - ninjintonic



Thirteen years later after my reformation; The battle of the bands; and the Friendship Games, we realized that friendship is not all about apple pie life, candy in the sky, and having sweet desserts at Sugarcube Corner all the time.

  • ...
15
 68
 1,366

Scenario 1: The Life to Come

City wanderers are always awake regardless of time, especially in such a busy place like HuManehattan. It's a beautiful night surrounded by tall buildings and city lights; Impatient car drivers honked to get to their certain destinations. People with night shifts fleeted to their jobs, street performers with absolutely amazing talents from music to magic tricks, and strayed homeless people sitting, begging for money while others sleep with torn boxes barely covering half their bodies.

"Would you spare a man something to eat?" A homeless gray haired man initiated, with a mild pitched black face as I strolled through the sidewalk, I faintly grinned at the old man, and he continued with words, "What? You've never seen a homeless beggar? Hell, I'm surprised... I am not asking for money.. Least be thankful for that."

With sadness in my eyes, I rummaged through my big purse as vaguely remembering packing a small snack that I bought from Sugar Cube Corner the other day. "Here.." I handed him a lobster tail pastry. It's a seasonal time offer fancy made by Mrs. Cake. It's my seasonal favorite.

"Of course I have. Would be sweet of you if you remembered me every time I walked through these streets."

As the gray haired man shakily took the pastry from my hand, he devoured it in less than a second. Remnants of iced cream frosting blemished on some parts of his face. He grinned, "Little girl, I wish I remembered everyone who passed through here... Hell I don't even know who I am... Sorry. The only thing I remembered is my doctor giving me an upsetting news that I am diagnosed with some sort of memory loss. Wish I remembered tellin' ya' before, ha ha!" I smiled, waved my hair back, and lowered myself as handing him some cash enough to last him for the night.

"My name is Sunset Shimmer, for the twelfth time. Ya' know, I was saving that pastry, but you took it from me... Get yourself a main course tonight, old man, I trust you wouldn't spend anything for guilty pleasure or that'll get you into trouble, ok?"

He had kindly accepted the cash from me and acknowledged my gratitude. It's the least I can do, it's the most I can do right now.

"Thank you, Shimmy. A fine man would be very lucky to have you as his wife."

I revealed a sly grin, "Mm, thanks?"

I stood up, left the gray haired man and continued walking.

I am so tired. It's been a long day at work, a fifteen minute walk to my apartment from work just adds more physical stress. I should've taken the train or a cab for that matter, it's not like I am getting any younger, I am thirty years old, single, and enjoying life, Well. . . . . .





Since college graduation, everything changed for better and worse. I missed our daily hang outs socializing with my best friends in Sugar Cube Corner, rehearsals, and performing in shows as The Rainbooms. Magic was full of life, but in these times of peace, it has gotten mundane. Magic in Equestria is considered nuclear science in this world for scientists, but apparently it was not the case for us HuMane Seven, at least when I took Twilight's crown thirteen years ago, that is.









Cell Phone Rings









I stopped, took my Saddlesung Galaxy smartphone out from my purse as people walked and sidestepped passed me to make their way when I am clearly in it.

"Yes, Dr. Whooves."

"Sunset, you do know that one of our patients are scheduled tomorrow to have a rotator cuff surgery early in the morning, and yet you have not given the orthopedic surgeon a medical clearance notification, come on Sunset, I can't do everything here. "


A five second pause lasted, at a loss of expression, while being cautious of my surroundings to try and avoid the hasty people not hitting onto me, I leaned against a closed shutter to be clear of way.

"Oh right, totally slipped my mind."

"Not even sorry huh? Whatever, see you at seven am tomorrow, we have a bunch of prescriptions that you need to call in at the pharmacy. You're past due on your task, lady... I don't want to hear all that job security bull crap from you, understand?"

No chance for me to respond, a click sounded on the other end.

I work at a decent size doctor's office as a nurse, where everyday is a roller coaster ride. Every patient had their share of stories to hear from, every weird requests known to man, and sick visits. I am very professional at what I do, caring is my career, I just wish I can help everybody, but I can only do so much, and it's nothing that friendship magic can assist me with.

As I open the entrance to my apartment complex lobby, there stood a statue of an alicorn with wings flailing on the center. It's something I walk to every night from a long hard day at work. "Hmm.." as I took a second glance while making my way to my apartment mailbox.
Nothing of the sort, it's just a couple of magazines, junk mails such as credit card or loan recommendations.

Closing my apartment door behind me, flung the keys to my coffee table and switched the lights on, "Finally home.." I sighed in relief, the thought of today was the last thing on my mind right now. I took the TV remote to set on the TV and tuned to ESPN, acronymed for Equestria Sports Network. Reviewing the highlights of today's women's exhibition basketball game -- WNBA, I contorted at the score listed on today's highlight of the game, seeing a replay of Rainbow Dash winning the team by a point from making a three-point shot. The whole team huddled in to a victory against Team Shadowbolts. She is the MVP of the year. As expected from Rainbow Dash, she never ceased to amaze me. Random highlights of various sports from today were being shown. I walked to the kitchen, leaving the TV running in the background, and examined the cabinets for something to cook for dinner. I wasn't feeling up to speed for anything astoundingly delicious tonight, but something quick and easy perhaps is good enough. I stopped what I was doing as I was appalled by the dropped noise coming from my bedroom. I walked towards my bedroom, switched the lights on, and saw a person who I least want to see in this very planet. There he was, lying down on my bed with both hands behind his head, and legs crossed, staring at me with a smirk. I stood with a grimaced look on my face, arms folded, and visually skimmed the room observing what had dropped, it was a book. A book with a sun design on the front cover that I've been known to use to communicate with Twilight in Equestria. I have not written to her in thirteen years, but I still considered it as an heirloom that I held on for so long. It's so infuriating that he'd dropped it.

"Trenderhoof, what the hell are you doing here?"

He continued an even larger smirk, and delayed his answer to my question, making me even more infuriated as is, "Lying down, what about you?"

"Trenderhoof, get out of my apartment, I am done with you sucking me dry, go to your momma."

"Sucking you dry?" Trenderhoof sat up from his supine position, then continued with his rather, annoying voice, "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be the person you are now."

"Please Trenderhoof, it's..." With my pained expression, I placed both palms on my face, "I am tired... Please leave, I don't have the energy for this, I thought you gave me all my copies of the apartment keys, clearly I was wrong..."

He took out a copy of my apartment key from his pocket, then started waving it around whimsically, "Nope, I saved this one for last. By the way, I didn't come here for nothing, ya know, I came here to tell you something." He continued with an annoying smirk.

Both my palms shifted to my cheeks, and I asserted with a reply, "Oh my goodness, just spit it out."

"I got a job! Yay.. .."

I blankly looked at him for five seconds and urged him to get out of my room, "Get out, get out, GET OUT!" I pointed out to my bedroom door.

Trenderhoof is one hell of a persistent individual, wise, but a crook and a backstabber. A scam artist. Almost like Hoity Toity. He's able to manipulate you if you're not critical enough to think what he's on behind your back. But why would you have to live through all that just to keep him around? Trenderhoof is my ex. Just because we were once an item, does not justify the fact that he can crash into my apartment whenever he wants. Luckily I am a kind gal for not calling the cops, but if he presses on, that moment will happen.

Trenderhoof stood up, as his smirk remained on his face. He dropped my last copy of my key on my bed, and grabbed his coat from the swing make-up chair. He stepped close to me, divulging words in a low voice in my right ear, "Sunset, I know you... I've loved you, I've been inside you, and been with you for two years. Coming from a general guy like me, you'll end up in the same repetition of an empty loveless despair. You're cursed, you will always be alone no matter how you try to fix it."

With my hands clenched into a fist, I delivered a right jab to his right chin, quickly revealing a large lump on where my fist had landed. It was a critical hit. That had to hurt him. He turned to look at me with blood slightly dripping down his mouth, I had to urge for a second shot while he's down, but I gathered my intellect, unwind, and brought myself to a stop. A pierced look on his face, he reputed, "What, you lost your nerve? You hit like a girl." He wiped the blood off his face before it dripped on my very cleaned small rug, and stood up, "You and I both know that you're downhearted. You have no one else but me. Your friends left you, there's no more magic. You may still have some people in your life, but eventually they will leave you too. You're thirty, turning thirty one.. Nothing lasts forever, Sunset. I may be out of line here, but I am here for you. I love you." With his words of profanity, I feel like a hot lava is pouring down my throat. He did me wrong. We all deserve a second chance, but from his reprehensible mistakes, nothing is to be compared. I gave him more than two chances, he blew it.

"You don't love me."

"Sunset, let it simmer down, you're hot-headed right now.. I know."

"No.. If you loved me, you wouldn't have cheated on me... I caught you sleeping with four other women."

The atmosphere became awkward, a long pause between the two had caused Trenderhoof's expression to a smirk again.

"Sunset, I got nothing else to say to you, I'll be on my way, but you and I are not finished."

He picked up his coat that he had dropped, and stormed out of the apartment door.

Reverting back on what Trenderhoof had said earlier, am I the type that guys can only go for a fling? And am I really going to be alone my entire life? Are all my friends going to be happily married with kids and not knowing that I exist anymore? My bloody fist began to unclench, and my angrily expression turned to sour. So many things are going through my mind right now, it's so ridiculous.






Cell Phone Rings






Sound of my ringtone had snap me back to reality, ran to my big purse by my living room sofa to answer my phone.

"Hello?"

At first there was no response on the other end of the phone, until a sound of sniffling was heard.

"Hello?" I repeated nervously, as the sniffling sounded more familiar.

"Sunset..."

"Ly... Lyra? what's going on? you're scaring me..."

"Sunset... It's Pinkie Pie..."

"Wh.. What happened to Pinkie Pie?!" Lyra continued with her sniffles.

"Lyra, I need you to keep it together, hun, what happened to Pinkie Pie?!" Lyra forced herself to a stop from the sniffles and muttered words that I was able to barely understand.

"Pinkie Pie got into a car accident..."

As I was shocked to hear what had happened, I swiftly grabbed my leather sunset jacket by the hanger, and slid on one of my arms through the sleeves, while my phone remained in tact with both my head and shoulder, "Where are you, I am coming."

"Humane... Humanehattan Regional Hospital ER."

"On my way, and hey.. she'll be okay, keep it together, alright?"

"..Okay."

"I'll see you in a bit."

I quickly took my set of keys, ran out the door, leaving the lights and the TV running in the background.

Pinkie Pie is not one who runs into situation like this, not her. Hell a hurricane can come to this town, and she'll still be okay. Lyra and Pinkie Pie are my friends who I usually see from time to time in these times of peace and I love them both so dearly. Right now I could care less what happens, picturing Pinkie Pie in a hospital bed makes me feel dishearten. I must arrive to the hospital faster. But why... Why can it be Trenderhoof in that hospital bed instead.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, this is my first fic ever, I am aware of the grammatical errors, It's a working progress, but please cut me some slack, lol, So... thought I can give you a piece of how the story will turn out, please stay tuned, this is just the beginning, more will be coming! :pinkiehappy: