• Published 12th Feb 2016
  • 464 Views, 15 Comments

Born of Rock - KidatHeart5



Something’s happened to Holder’s Boulder. It didn’t crack. It didn’t break. It…HATCHED?! The Mane Six and Spike set out on a quest to find the rare stone dragon that hatched from the famous “boulder”. Will they find it in time?

  • ...
0
 15
 464

A Big Emergency

The Mane Six and Spike were all waiting at the train station one afternoon. Pinkie Pie had received an urgent message from her sister Limestone Pie.

Rarity asked, “I do hope you’ll clear this up in time for the annual Spring Palooza.”

Applejack asked, “Just what kind of emergency is it?”

Pinkie pulled the letter out of her bag and said, “I don’t know, but whatever it is, it’s really, really, really, super-duper important.”

Applejack took the letter and read it. She could practically hear Limestone’s panicked voice blaring in her ears. The letter read:

Dear Sis,

HELLLLPPPP!!! Something’s happened on the rock farm and I need your help! I’m not going to explain in this letter in case it falls into the wrong hooves. But it’s really, really, really, super-duper important, Pinkie! I need you to come down here right now! Please!

Your big sis,

Limestone Pie

Rainbow looked over the letter and said, “Yep. I think this qualifies as an emergency, all right.”

Twilight said, “If you ever need help, Pinkie, just come to us. Okay?”

Pinkie smiled, “Yep! Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Just then, the train whistle blared. The train to Rockville then pulled into the station.

Pinkie said, “Oh! There’s my ride! I’ll see you guys soon!”

When Pinkie boarded the train, the girls waved and Twilight said, “Bye, Pinkie!”

Rarity said, “Safe travels!”

Applejack said, “Say hi to your folks for me!”

To their surprise, Pinkie leaned out of the window and said, “I will! And make sure Gummy doesn’t get into any trouble.”

Fluttershy said, “I’ll keep him safe.”

Pinkie then withdrew from the window as she said, “Great!” A second later, she popped her head out again, saying, “And don’t forget to get ingredients for the delicious treats I’ll be making when I get back!”

Twilight said, “Yes, Pinkie. We’ll remember.”

Pinkie disappeared from view again until she leaned out the window again and said, “And one more thing-“

The conductor scolded, “Miss!”

Pinkie sheepishly chuckled, “Eh-heh-heh. Okay! See you guys later!”

The girls once again waved goodbye as the train pulled away from the station.


Pinkie rushed over to the rock farm as soon as she arrived in Rockville. She saw Limestone Pie, who had a look of desperation on her face, standing next to a blanket covering something large.

The pink pony said to her sister, “Limestone, I got your message! What’s wrong?” She then turned to the blanketed mass, “Does it have anything to do with that big thing under the blanket?”

Limestone nodded, “Got it in one, Pinkie.”

She pulled the blanket from the mass and Pinkie saw that Holder’s Boulder had a huge, glue-covered crack on it!

Pinkie gasped, “Wowee! That’s one huge crack!”

Limestone said as she went to the side of the boulder, “And that’s the least of it.”

She pushed the boulder and the halves split by the crack tore apart from each other, revealing the cavernous inside of the boulder.

Pinkie exclaimed, “Whoa! It cracked just like an egg!”

Limestone clarified, “That’s because it was an egg.”

Pinkie’s eyes widened and she shouted in shock, “IT WAS?!”

Her sister nodded, “Yep. Remember that story about Holder Cobblestone finding the boulder? It was in an abandoned dragon’s nest. Holder knew that it might hatch, but he didn’t know for sure. When the…well, egg brought him good luck, he built the farm around it. For generations, we hoped that it was either petrified or not gonna hatch for another 200 years.”

“Wait, 200 years?”

Limestone stayed quiet for a few moments until she sighed, “We know what hatched that night. We were there. Marble, Ma, Pa, and I were all asleep when we heard a strange sound. We all looked out the door and saw that Holder’s Boulder was hatching. And then…there it was…”