• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 16,737 Views, 222 Comments

Raven - SaintChoc



Anyone who has sought counsel from Princess Celestia has met Raven, her most faithful aide. She has been a veritable second shadow to the princess for as long as the castle staff can remember... longer than they can remember, in fact. Much longer.

  • ...
15
 222
 16,737

Part 3

Raven peered up through the massive hole in the roof, seeing sunlight where it was most decidedly not supposed to be. "This will not be cheap." Her horn flared as she scribbled out a work order, not even glancing at the page.

She reviewed the order before handing it off to a guard to take away. She surveyed the classroom, numerous chunks of wood and stone scattered over the desks and flooring. "You said she did this by enlarging the dragon?"

Celestia nodded, also marveling at the damage. "Indeed. It was clearly not something done on purpose, by what the instructors told me, but… it's clear there rests a great power inside of her. I've already begun the process to have her placed in the most advanced classes." Raven raised her eyebrows as Celestia paused. "Remember that name. Twilight Sparkle. I think… she will be very important one day."

Raven frowned for a moment, thinking, and then a soft smile spread across her face. "You're beginning to prepare."

Celestia answered Raven's smile with her own, a more genuine smile than Raven had seen in a very long time, still looking towards the sun. "Truthfully, I've been making plans for quite a long time, now. Wild, redundant, and contradictory plans… a waste of time, in most reasonable respects." She met Raven's gaze, nodding, still smiling. "But it has helped."

Raven nodded in return, then looked at the damage again. "So what will be done with the dragon now?"

Celestia started to walk out of the classroom. "I was… planning to send him to live with Twilight," she said. "After raising him enough so that he is not a burden, of course," she added quickly.

"This student isn't even officially enrolled yet and you're planning to send her a baby dragon!?" Raven followed Celestia, incredulous.

"This dragon wasn't supposed to be hatched for months! I was expecting her to perhaps progress the incubation slightly!" Celestia shook her head. "She's certainly remarkable… and I'm going to give her all the help I can. I will have to make sure she has access to the legends..."

Raven took a chance. "I only mean to say that, for the sake of the other students, you may want to make it a bit less obvious when you play favorites," she said teasingly.

Celestia laughed softly. Raven treasured the sound.