• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 658 Views, 10 Comments

Blank Flanks - Perry Pinkie Potter



what happens if a pony's cutie mark isn't correct.

  • ...
8
 10
 658

One

I don't have a pin or a symbol on my shirt. Or, at least, not anymore. My name is Lemon Lime. And that's the problem. My symbol used to be a book, and that's all wrong. My name had nothing to do with how I looked or my talent, like it was supposed to. One day, Principal Celestia gathered me and two other girls. One was be named Sunshine Meadows, the other Cotton Sky. They were wrong, like me. She gave us some sort of pill, then everything changed. My pin disappeared, I didn't know my name, and all of my colors faced grey. The same with the other two. Principal Celestia said in a moment, we wouldn't remember what we used to be at all.
She explained that she was sending us to another dimension. One where we could get our lives right, she said. Somebody would adopt us, and rename us to fit our new colors. I didn't get to say goodbye to my family, or my friends. Principal Celestia told us if we didn't match this time, it would 'end quite badly for the three of you'. Then she pushed us through.

...

"Are you okay Applebloom?" An orange pony asked me.

"Who are you? Where am I? My name's Lemon Lime!" I shouted.

"Oh no." The orange pony said. "Here."

She fetched a needle with some sort of liquid in it.

"This has all your new memories, fresh and stored." The orange pony injected me.

It felt like my head has exploded. I had two sets of memories. I was two people... Ponies? I was a person and a pony.

"Now then, I know your head may hurt a bit right now, but I promise it'll be alright." The pony grabbed me, and I was too stunned to move. She shoved me into a room. There was no... Nothing.

"This room is completely blank so nothing will distract you from getting your proper memories set in place. Now it could take a while for your old memories to leave, and your new ones to set in. Probably a year or so. Princess Celestia told me strictly not to talk to you, or do anything until that time is done. Not even food. But don't worry, you won't need it, according to her. You'll still feel a bit hungry, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Princess Celestia, and Luna agreed on this. I'll see ya soon, Applebloom."

She closed the door, leaving me with nothingness.

I tried to brighten the situation, saying at least I had lots of time to think. But then there was the effect of the meds. I fell into a deep sleep, and unfortunately, a nightmare.

There was a terrifying creature, torturing me with all of my deepest fears.

A part of me was curious to see if I even survived. But I knew I would find out.

...

After all, I had a year to wait.

Author's Note:

So, as it turns out, I think I'm disturbed! :pinkiecrazy: