• Published 7th Feb 2016
  • 2,196 Views, 15 Comments

Rated T For Trickery - Black Hailstorm



Punishment has been decided. Justice will be served, it all just depends on how Stickler takes it.

  • ...
6
 15
 2,196

Justice Will Be Served

Day 7, a week has passed, and it was only a day ago that Princess Celestia met me for the first time to try and persuade me into becoming a pony in order to save my life.

I refused.

You may ask why, but I have my reasons. Reasons that should be obvious on why I would not so willingly give up my humanity.

I was born a human. I will die a human, it is that simple. And there is nothing else to it. If I were to ask these ponies to give up their equine form in order to become a human and for reason like this under such conditions, where things could be solved differently, then I’m sure they would refuse as well, at least the ones who have strong wills like the one that charged me; Applejack I believe her name was.

I mean sure as a child I had always thought it would be cool if I could turn into a different species entirely, but this is different. Completely and utterly different, especially when your life is on the line in this case.This was all an accident, a mistake. Both parties were at fault here. Me and them. I don’t hate them for doing what they did, locking me up in here -my eyes scanned the brightened cell that now only partially stank of urine and old hay- keeping me confined in this room because they did not understand me or what I personally am. Humans would do the same, it is natural for sentient species to do this....I think.

The day I came to Equestria with a paintball gun, was the same day these ponies had assumed I was carrying a weapon. They would not understand such a device. As they did not have the appendages to operate such a device. Yet from my understanding based off the armor these guards wear alone, they do have some things that relate to the devices we have back home on Earth.

I digress. I suppose “It makes sense they would defend themselves the way they did” I reasoned. “If a creature randomly came to our world, looking quite threatening based off all the wounds they received wouldn’t you flee or try to attack it?” I said speaking out loud.

A sigh escaped my lips as I sat with my back facing the wall. Outside my barred window I could hear the sounds of insects rubbing their wings together, creating a melodic sound that sounded like chirping, but in reality it was just crickets.

Sitting in silence for a while I didn’t move. I just stayed silent, stayed quiet and just stared at the steel door that would mark my freedom or death if I took a step out there.

An involuntary yawn escaped my lips. My body unwillingly decided to stretch ushering several cracks and popping sounds in accordance. I was tired.

“Heh” I chuckled at the irony. “Tired would be an understatement with how I felt right now.”

I blinked once. Then twice, by the third time weariness had taken hold and in a few minutes, I was asleep.

I slept soundly for the first time in a week since my emergence in Equestria.


Day 8 later in the day a guard came to give me my meal; lunch. This time it was bread and butter, and the current equine that gave it to me had not yet left like all the other guards had done upon giving me food.

A mare pegasus with a tan coat and light brown hair stood on her hooves staring at me through her mane with opal blue eyes. She had a silver star as on her chest unlike the other guards that had a light sky blue, and since I could understand Equestrain language now I heard one of the guards say “Be careful Serene Pierce.”

Serene Pierce stood by the slightly open steel door, standing there and watching me eat my bread and butter with a side of cold milk. The mare hadn’t said anything to me, she just stood there, studied how I moved, and that was it. No good afternoon, (then again I didn’t expect one after recent events), no death threats or random shouting, cowering or attempting to instigate something with me like the other guards.

She was just standing there staring at me. And she had the blankest look on her face. I couldn’t tell what she was thinking, what she wanted. But I could get one thing from this awkward silence.

She was trying to read me.

I finished my meal in silence, keeping my eyes on her the entire time and when I finally finished eating and pushed the empty cup and plate back to her she finally spoke.

“....Hi....” she said.

I stared. Since I was still sitting, though in a criss-cross like fashion I tilted to my right trying to see if there was one of the other guards behind her.

“Are you...talking to me?” I asked after seeing no one behind her.

She nodded. I stared confused.

“Hi?” I said with great confusion.

Serene Pierce nodded, trotted up to me slowly then sat in front of my plate, staring at me with a calm expression.

I was beginning to understand why her first name was Serene. She didn’t seem to care at all that she was approaching a being that had injured 30 or more ponies without meaning to. Nor did she seem to care that this same being could move quick enough to escape through that slight opening in the door.

But of course, I knew better. Running out in the open with guards that hated you was the same thing as admitting suicide. If I do go out at the hands-- .... hooves of these guards I would be going out fighting, and not running into my own death.

For a good ten seconds neither one of us said a word we just stared at one another. Then finally, Serene Pierce spoke “...Are you alright?”

The words hit me like a rock. Since I’ve been here for the past week, enduring the first attempts of torture, ignoring cold eyes, and rude remarks, avoiding the possibilities of getting poisoned, not once had I ever get asked if I was alright. Not once.

Was this how prisoners who felt guilty of their actions and sorely desired retribution felt when someone showed they cared? Confused, sad? Angry...even though I know for a fact that I myself am not a true criminal.

I merely sat there. Staring at her. Unsure of how to take her statement. Was this some kind of sick joke the guards were playing on me? Last night when I received my meal one of the guards offered it to me kindly only to suddenly yank the bowl of fruits I was going to eat, and spit all over it.

I could still hear her words, even at this point. “That’s for injuring my little cousin the day before her birthday.”

Needless to say, I didn’t eat that night. Nor did I dream well when I finally fell asleep.

Serene Pierce however continued to stare at me in silence. Waiting for me to respond, still holding that calm and almost emotionless expression.

I just couldn’t read this one like the others.

When a minute had passed she repeated her question: “Are you alright?”

I honestly had no idea what to say, I was confused. I rose, got up, paced the floor and watched her watch me do so. All the while I could feel something bubbling within me.

“Am I alright?” I repeated her question casting her a look. She nodded.

“Yes, are you alright?” she asked me.

I stopped pacing and stared at her. Then I realized what this bubbling feeling in my chest was. This coursing wave that flowed through my entire body from head to toe. It was confusion. Confusion and rage.

“Do I look alright” I asked pointing to the hoof mark on my back. “I have been bruised, accused, practically spat on, fed trash, and received all kinds of other sick treatment from your guards. And you come here asking me if I’m alright?!” I say my voice raising.

There was a shout from upstairs and the sound of movement coming in our direction. But I didn’t care. And from Serene Pierce’s expression, neither did she.

“What kind of questions is that?! “Are you alright?” If you went through what I’ve been through would you really. Really sit there and expect someone to come up to you and have the gall to ask such a bafflingly stupid question if you ‘re okay?”

Serene Pierce looked slightly crossed at that statement, but her expression relaxed a second later, nodding in agreement. “Yes...I understand how stupid that question was.”

“Then why the hell did you ask me?!” I yelled. My hands clenching as I approached her. But the dull expression on the pegasus face was the only thing I got in response.

I just stared at her, shook my head then sat back down. “I don’t know what kind of sick game you’re playing right now. But I’m not interested. I’m done eating, take my empty dishes and leave.”

Serene Pierce shook her head, still casually staring at me. “I’m not playing around Stickler. I’m genuinely concerned about you.”

“Why would you be concerned about me. When I’m pretty sure the entirety of your race knows what I did, and hates me for it. Save for the princesses who actually understand my situation.”

“Because. I overheard the princesses talking yesterday” Serene Pierce stated. “And after hearing what they said about you just trying to defend yourself from the other ponies, I decided to come here and ask you myself” the mare said with a slight twitch of her wings.

I glanced up at her, and noticed the hard callous look in her opal blue eyes. The room temperature suddenly dropped.

Serene Pierce rose from her haunches, moved towards me and stared at me with a coldness that could freeze water.

“Did you really try to hurt those foals and elderly you hit? Is it true about the rumors being spread, that you came out with your weapon shooting ponies blindly after emerging from the Everfree Forest?” she asked with a calmness that hid an even larger sternness.

I simply stared and then glanced at the steel door. A gold armor clad hoof slamming the ground drew my attention back to the pegasus mare in front of me.

“Did you really try to hurt anyone in Ponyville?” the pegasus asked.

A few seconds of silence passed, and pegasus and I simply stared at each other in heated silence. Finally when enough time had passed I spoke.

“No” I stated. “I would never hurt another living creature, especially not sentient ones like yourselves. A week ago, before I came here, I would have thought you to be nothing more than a mindless creature with natural instincts. But I have seen for myself that you equines display emotions like any other human and animal combined into one, could.

“All of this was just a misunderstanding. I never meant to hurt anyone. I never meant to lose anyone. I just wanted to have fun with friends for a few days, before we all came here to do our research. There were no strings attached, there were no hidden intentions. All I really wanted...was a few days to relax...and not be the Rule Boy. Yet, here I am. In jail, in this dungeon, all because of one stupid game.” I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

“It’s not easy you know. Having almost half an entire race hate you. It’s...it’s a nightmare you know. Everyday I wake up, and I worry. Because your guards are terrified of me. Every night, I feel sick, knowing I’ve injured many families, friends, foals, old, and adults because of a mistake on both our parts. And now.... -I shrugged weakly- now I’m just tired. I...I just want this to end. I just want to explain things, but half your race don’t look like they’ll give me the chance. I-”

A hoof gently tapped my shoulder and when I looked up the blank expression on the mare’s face was replaced by a slightly trembling lip and the appearance of tears in her eyes.

“It’ll...it’ll be alright. The princesses will find a way to-” I gently moved her hoof away.

“Your princesses have come up with a solution I will never come to terms with accepting.” I said bitterly.

“And that is?” Serene asked as she wiped away the tears in her eyes.

“Turning me into a pony.”

There was a moment of silence, before Serene stared up at me with a look of shock and confusion. Then her expression hardened once more, into that steely look she gave me before.

“What’s wrong with that?” she asked, the sincerity in her voice almost making me want to keel over.

For a moment, my brain did not correctly process these words. I suppose for a second I went into a slight state of stunt before my ears actually picked up the words that had just been spoken. And actually listening to those words come out of her muzzle. I ended up shouting so loud that it shook the entire prison cell and went straight outside carrying up to the other guards above.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT?!” I yelled.

Several seconds later, the sounds of armor clad hooves shook the ground above us where most of the other guards hid. And in the next few minutes, I was going to regret shouting so loud like that.

Very very soon.


Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stood in front of a group of mares, a dragon, one well dressed and trimmed stallion, and a draconequus.

Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends had been called to discuss the terms that would be placed on how Stickler’s punishment would be delivered. And with this group was another pony representing the noble’s side of Equestria. Golden Bit.

Currently Princess Luna was explaining Stickler’s case, and what had led to this whole giant misunderstanding in the first place, and Celestia had to admit, Bit didn’t really seem to care that much that the human had been running for his life earlier before this whole charade started. All he wanted, all the nobles wanted, minus a Prince Blueblood, was justice. And that’s all they really cared about.

For justice to be served.

“Excuse me for speaking out of turn” said the amber maned unicorn, “but what does this monster’s history have to do with his punishment?” Bit asked rather curtly.

Princess Luna who was still speaking, simply ignored the stallion and finished up explaining Stickler’s case. And as she did so, she went into detail on pretty much everything she had saw happen in his dream.

The death of four of his friends. The loss of the group he came with and his valiancy in trying to save them. The fight he had with the timberwolves, his restless struggle through the Everfree Forest and even going as far as to mention how Applejack had charged him, spiking Stickler’s defensive levels and forcing him to act out in a form of self defense.

“And that is the reason we have decided we aren’t going to comply with your first choice. Having him be killed is horrible. He does not deserve this, nor does he deserve the way he has been treated so far by our guards. If by chance more of his kind were to come and see how he has been treated. It would mean war, especially so if the minotaurs got word of this” Celestia explained to the group.

Twilight and her friends looked greatly disturbed. Applejack especially who was now regretting how she had blindly charged in to confront the hue-man as Princess Luna had told them was what their species was called.

“So...is all of this my fault?” AJ asked with a great feeling of dread creeping within her.

Fluttershy wrapped a wing around her farmer friend in a comforting embrace. “It’s not just you Applejack, we’re all at fault here. If we hadn’t been so scared when we saw him, we could’ve handled things differently but...”

“OH who cares about all that!” Golden Bit stated with a slam of his well polished hoof. “The fact still matters that that monster you have locked under your castle is still there and could be for all we know be tricking you and planning for some other way to escape! For all we know we might just be falling for a trap the moment we let him go!”

“Golden Bit” the voice of the draconequus said with a slight scowl, the nobility of Equestria had always annoyed him greatly even in the olden days. He had not forgotten how they called him “hideous” and “a freak of nature” many many centuries ago.

“I for one would appreciate it greatly if you shut your trap and listen to what we the one’s deciding Stickler’s punishment have to say. You may be here representing the nobles but you do not have the power to give out the punishment you and the rest of those spoilt brats want.”

Golden Bit stood there looking quite offended, much to Discord’s pleasure. “Now Luna, Celestia, Twilight, and co. I for one am actually pleased to see a human here. Not as happy to hear that that same human inadvertently injured several-”

“Thirty-nine” Golden Bit growled..

“Different ponies” Discord continued ignoring the stallion, “but humans are more of an interesting topic with me as they have and generate the most chaos out of any creature I know.” Discord said with a grin. That grin faded when he felt a sharp jab in his side and looked over at Rarity giving him a deadly frown.

Clearing his throat upon seeing the others were giving him the same frown. Discord continued. “Anyway, what I’m trying to say is. Humans are practically agents of chaos for me. They are not under my protection, they are strong enough to protect themselves, but I do find them interesting. I understand what happened was a mistake, but death is too harsh. Turning him into a pony however.” Discord paused, mulling the concept over.

“Doing such a thing could have serious effects. The amounts of chaos that would bubble up from doing such a thing would be divine” he said with a smack of his lips. “However” his pleased grin turned into one of a scowl. “The fact that you the nobles would suggest Lulu and Celes here turn a human into one of your own, is by far more despicable than you can imagine.”

“I don’t get how” Rainbow Dash said speaking up for the first time. Still holding a really ticked off expression. “I’d say it’s what he deserves for doing what he did. What kind of idiot brings a- what did you call it again?” she asked Princess Luna.

“Paintball gun” she replied.

“Paintball gun here and then shoot us up when we try to protect ourselves.”

“Exactly!” Golden Bit exclaimed. “She gets it!” the stallion said pointing a hoof in Dash’s direction. “He deserves death! For hitting my younger brother and his family! His foal got hit in the throat, and is now receiving treatment because of it! What kind of monster hits children?! Noble lineage to be exact! This is an outrage! We want justice! We want retribution, he either becomes a pony, dies, or if anything else undergoes torture for at least a month!”

“Hey!” Twilight shouted at the stallion growing frustrated with his yelling. The room went silent. Twilight’s mane was a mess, having been stressed out and disheveled since this entire incident came to passed, she had been spending much of her time helping the medical team with the others heal the injured.

And she really didn’t need this right now.

Taking in a deep breath, Twilight exercised the stress relieving technique her sister-in-law Cadence had taught her. It helped, but only just a bit.

“I understand what’s going on has left a bad imprint on everypony. Nobles, and citizens alike. I have to admit that even I was hoping he’d get his just deserts, but...death? Why would you want to kill him now that we know he didn’t even mean to harm us. He was just trying to stay alive. Even if we hadn’t known that, he didn’t kill anypony. Why kill him? Sure I know what he did was wrong, but sending him to Tartarus would make more sense. The death sentence is only for the extreme, like...with King Sombra for example.”

Golden Bit huffed once more. “You try coming home from a business trip at Baltimare, tired from work, meeting your wife crying heavily about a letter she had just received. You walk in scared, out of your wits, wondering what could have happened to scare your beloved so badly. Only to find out that some bloody monster from the depths of Tartarus came to Ponyville and ended up injuring 39 ponies and almost killing 2. Among the injured, your kid brother, and among the seriously injured your nephew."

Twilight’s ears drooped weakly at this statement. She opened her mouth to speak but was silenced when the stallion spoke again.

“Say Princess Twilight. You’re going to be an aunt soon aren’t you?” Golden Bit’s hardened expression didn’t let up when he watched the princess of magic flinch and her friends grow strict.

“Now you leave Twilight’s soon to be born niece out of this!” Applejack snarled, standing straight up and approaching the unicorn.

Rarity’s horn glowed and tugged on Applejack’s tail restraining her from doing something she would regret. “Now Applejack darling” Rarity said giving the juniper unicorn a look. “We don’t need to cause any trouble with the pony family in charge of the nation’s taxes hence our salaries now do we?”

“No.” Golden Bit frankly said. “No you don’t.”

“Golden Bit, I understand your anger and frustration, but-” a loud sardonic snicker from the stallion made Princess Celestia go silent.

“You understand? Your Highness, I don’t need sympathy. I want someone to go punished for crimes! Do not forget that it is through us nobles and the house of Hard Cash, that Equestria has not suffered extreme financial losses with all the crazy things your student and her friends constantly get into. Now I would suggest you do us all a favor, quit this discussion and deliver just punishment immediately!” the stallion shouted with an air of authority he clearly shouldn’t have had.

The room fell silent, save for Discord’s slight chuckles and Fluttershy trying to silence him as Princess Luna’s growing anger began to show as she spread her wings and began to approach the proud stallion who didn’t even seem to flinch as his superior came up to him.

“You dare come to the nation's rulers, the peak of this nation and make such foolish demands before your superiors?” she asked her voice raising with every word. The room growing colder as she spoke. And windows even beginning to form cracks in the process.

Golden Bit knew a lot of things. He had several businesses spread throughout Equestria. His family handled and settled any and all financial issues in Equestria and did their best to make sure no pony suffered anything to extreme, as was the duty of the house of Hard Cash. Especially making sure the nobles, himself included got their own ‘special’ fair share.

And if there was one thing that the unicorn knew very well. He knew when not to tick of the Princess of the night, especially when Nightmare Moon had been with them no more than two years ago.

“I-..Like I said Princess Luna, we require justice and-”

“SILENCE!” Luna exclaimed in a loud drawn out breath. Her vocals shattering several well crafted and designed windows in the building, forcing Twilight and her friends to cover their ears, all save for Discord and Celestia who had either grown immune to such levels of shouting or used to it by now.

“I have always thought the nobles of Equestria were bratty, but sister this!” she said pointing her hoof at the stallion. “These are the ponies that persuaded us, made us pick between death or turning our prisoner, who shouldn’t be to begin with, a pony?! What is the meaning of this Celestia! How have these brats get so-”

Princess Luna went silent, as did everything else that shook in the room with every word that came out of her mouth. Clopping on the vinyl sheets drew everyone’s attention towards the closed throne room gates.

Then suddenly they were thrown open. Two pegasi came rushing forward looking quite out of breath.

“What is going on Bright Sprite? Why have you disturbed us during our meeting?” Princess Luna asked turning on them with her eyes still narrowed, radiating rage.

Both pegasi froze, feeling they’d came in at a bad time. But the disheveled look of their wings, the way their chests rose under their armor promised something else. Princess Celestia rose to her full height realizing something horrible was going on.

“Luna, calm yourself” Celestia instructed. After she had passed her sister and stood before the two heavy breathing guards.

It took a minute, but eventually Luna did calm down. Pinkie doing her best to lighten up the princess of night’s anger by offering her own techniques of calming. Cupcakes and candy.

While Pinkie was busy helping Luna calm down and occasionally shoving candy in Luna’s face, Princess Celestia turned her attention back to the guards who immediately began doing a dance of nervousness.

“Princess” said Bright Sprite. “We have no time to waste, quickly come with us. To the dungeon we have restrained the prisoner.”

Wha- restrained?” Celestia asked confused.

“Hurry your majesty!” The other pegasus said as they ran out of the throne room.

Princess Celestia glanced a worried look at her sister before galloping out of the room after her guards. Twilight and the others were left in the throne room to stare after the princess of the sun in silence.

A second later Luna was out of the room in a blur of light.

Golden Bit snickered when both Princesses were gone. “Looks like us nobles will be getting our just deserts.”

Discord stared at the unicorn. Shook his head, then snapped his paw. There was a loud popping sound, before everyone looked up. A large pile of garbage floated above everyone, before collectively gathering before Golden Bit’s well trimmed and clean coat, just hanging menacingly above him and away from everyone else

He stared at Discord, gave him a look then said “You wouldn’t dare.”

Discord merely grinned. “I would and do.”

The screams of as single unicorn echoed throughout the entire throne room scattering birds and stopping a few ponies on the streets of Canterlot in the process.

Discord’s minacious laughter could be heard following soon after, accompanied by Pinkie Pie’s “HA! Serves you right!”

Meanwhile Luna and Celestia were downstairs. Taking care of another problem in the dungeons. A problem that had gone out of hand rather quickly.


On the ground being pinned down by two earth pony guards, and having several horns pointed at in my direction was me, Stickler. Serene Pierce stood before a taller stallion with a gold star on his chest. A pure white coat, and light gold mane. His tattoo looked like a sword made of light.

This stallion was a pegasus, his name; Solar Plexus.

“Why are you doing this Solar?” Serene Pierce asked the commander who stood staring at the human with an evil eye.

“We heard shouting. The guards called me and told me the human may be attacking you, so I took precaution, we aren’t hurting him. Much anyway” the pegasus said with a slight shrug. “It is our duty to make sure equines stay safe. The Royal Guard may not do that much but the Solar Guard is in charge of making sure that all threats are taken care of, effectively. That’s what I’m doing Serene. You know what he did.”

“I know what he did was an accident!” the mare replied with a cold look.

I attempted to move and get the two stallion guards pinning me to the ground off, but the pressure on my back increased to a painful point. I grunted in pain, and the two guards seemed to withhold a smirk.

“Serves you right.”

“Get off of me!” I ordered.

The two earth ponies on me merely looked at each other and chuckled, before turning angry looks my way. “You wish.”

Princess Celestia and Luna immediately bursted into the room, both looking anxious, both looking slightly aggravated.

Behind them, two pegasi, the same two I saw the larger stallion Solar Plexus order to retrieve the princesses.

“What is going on here?” Princess Luna asked the frustration in her voice clear.

“We heard shouting and came to apprehend to prisoner your majesty” Solar Plexus said.

There was a popping sound, and I yelled. “Get off my fucking back!”

“You two off now!” Serene Pierce shouted at the ponies on me.

Both stallions looked at each other, then glanced up at Princess Celestia who was giving the two stallions a calm look that told them to get off. But behind that calm look was a raging inferno of rage that knew no quenching.

Both stallions on me immediately grew weak, the weight on my back, just above my shoulder slowly eased off and I felt a rippling sensation of pain all across my bare skin. The coldness of those armor clad hooves did no good and the extra weight they added could have killed me.

“You four” Luna stated at the four unicorn’s whose horns were working together to keep me rooted to the ground. They had learned that magic didn’t last long on me, it would last a few minutes then fade. So four working together when one horn stopped using pressure was better than one.

“Release him” Luna ordered through grit teeth.

Solar Plexus stared at the princess of night confused, then turned his attention to the one he was loyal to. “Princess Celestia, your majesty you aren’t seriously thinking of releasing him after all he’s-”

Princess Celestia said nothing, looked at Solar Plexus with unreadable expression, then smiled at him speaking the next words with gentleness that betrayed all harshness and authority within them.

“Solar Plexus. You heard my sister, release our prisoner, and our guest. Now.”

Solar Plexus who had worked for Princess Celestia for the past three years, knew when his queen- his princess was angry. And if he didn’t obey, things would get ugly. “Release him you fools didn’t you hear her majesty!” he said in rushed caution.

The four unicorns did as they were ordered, and the magic that had been weakening around me along with all the pressure died away.

I felt another magical force wrap around me, and was ready to fight this time, only to see Luna’s horn glowing as she lifted me to my feet. Serene Pierce offered herself as I stumbled and almost fell, unable to stand thanks to one of the unicorns tripping me when they came in here unannounced.

Once on my feet. I felt all the anger I felt about getting attacked for simply shouting rush into me, like a tidal wave.

I got up moved to one of the earth ponies still standing there lifted my hand and firmly smacked him straight across the muzzle with a backhand. The entire room went still when the stallion fell on his rump, held his swelling cheek, and glared at me as I glared at him.

Then chaos ensued.

The four unicorns threw a telekinetic blast that slammed me into the wall, pain travelled up my spine, my head smacked against the stones that built my cell. And I slid to the ground.

A second later one of the stallions that had me pinned came charging. I lifted my bare foot up and shoved it into his muzzle, I took great satisfaction in hearing a nose break and watching blood spew out of the two gaps where his now missing teeth should have been.

I felt another blast hit me in the gut, coughed spitting saliva out as I keeled over in pain, then looked up in time to see one of the unicorns charging me with horn drawn.

A second later I had grabbed that horn slammed the unicorn into the wall and back kicked the pony I had slapped earlier in the chest. When his metal met my foot I cringed from the pain but the force was enough to knock him into two of the unicorns attempting to attack me.

“I have had enough!” I snarled in a completely different voice. Rage taking over, adrenaline pumping, senses rising.

“Al I did was yell because I was surprised at her asking me what was wrong with being turned into a pony! Then you asses come out here and pin me! What is this a drug bust!?!”

But my words didn’t even get heard as a rather large battle cry came from one of the unicorns I had knocked over. One glow of their horn and I watched as the mare unicorn prepared to hit me with a concentrated magical blast.

But before I could move to stop her, and before Serene Pierce could move to stop those from approaching me, before Solar Plexus could get even a word in. The entire room shook with Celestia’s voice. Dropping everyone to their knees.

ENOUGH!” Princess Celestia’s voice boomed, echoing and reverberating all over the dungeon’s stony walls. Shaking the room itself with the force of her voice and causing parts of the cement ceiling above us to chip off and fall.

Solar Plexus fell to his hind knees, placing his hooves over his ears as they clamped over his head. The other ponies doing the same,and me myself practically yelling in pain as the sound echoed throughout the room. Luna herself had her own hooves over her ears as Celestia’s voice slowly came to a silent echo that eventually faded off in the distance, but not before leaving many of us dazed and me weak enough to the point where all I could do was just kneel and watch the guards as they forced themselves up to a standing point.

Seconds later a orchid younger alicorn and her friends accompanied by a baby dragon on the alicorn’s back rushed in frightened, scared, and wondering what was happening.

“Princess are you al-” Twilight froze seeing me. Then froze when she saw the state of the ponies I had been fighting. The unicorn I had slammed into the wall upon trying to skewer me, had a broken nose, blood gushing out. The earth pony I slapped, then kicked, missing three teeth. The rest were either wincing from the sound like I was, Serene Pierce especially who’s wings were erect and up.

Me? I was already sore enough. Scratches were on my back from the armor digging into my skin. I had trouble breathing at this point, it felt like I had a broken rib or ribs and could when Rainbow Dash looked at the wall she cringed back at seeing a slight red stain slowly drag towards the ground, before coming to an abrupt stop. That and there were cracks on the wall as well.

Princess Celestia’s eyes were wide. Her wings flared and she stood tall. With one word she spoke to her rising Solar Guard sergeant, Solar Plexus.

“Take your soldiers and leave Solar. I will not ask you and your men to stop again. Next time I will forcefully eject you out of this room and deal with how you order your soldiers next. Now for the sake of my respect for you and your men I ask you. Leave.” Princess Celestia said with a strong flap of her wings.

Solar Plexus nodded weakly. Mumbled something to his injured troops, and watched them file out one by one. On the way out one of the unicorn mares slapped me roughly with her tail, trying to start something else.

But I just ignored it, and took the hit.

When all members of the Solar Guard were gone, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna approached me as Serene Pierce helped me to my feet. But each time I tried to stand, I felt a horrible pain go through my body and I just ended up kneeling ultimately.

There was a bit of blood coming out of my really dry lip, but I ignored it and stared at the orchid alicorn, the rainbow maned pegasus, the pink and yellow pegasus, the rather lavish looking unicorn, the extremely worried pink mare, and then...her. The farmer I had shot.

For a second I thought she was coming to enact revenge and I quickly stood up and began to make signs that I wasn’t trying to hurt them, I was only defending myself. The thought that I now understood them fading completely only for Princess Luna’s voice to coax me out of my ‘fight or flight mode’.

“Stickler, it is alright. They will not hurt you. Isn’t that right, Applejack?”

Applejack nodded, not looking me in the eye and pushed her stetson down so she wouldn’t see my injured form.

“You look really bad” Serene Pierce stated. I looked at her, and for the first time I noticed a small smile on her practically expressionless face.

“Thanks, I feel awful.” I said with a slight weak smile.

“Are you seriously hurt?” the pegasus with the pink mane asked me. I looked at her slightly surprised. Receiving compassion from these aliens would have been beyond my understanding three days ago, and before Serene Pierce met me.

I simply shook my head, though doing so made me wince then cough. After a few seconds of painful coughing, Princess Celestia layed me on the ground.

For a while Princess Celestia and the rest of the equines in my prison stared at me in silence, the only thing that could be heard was my breathing. Then all of a sudden a juniper unicorn who looked like he had recently taken a shower and changed clothes forced his way past the mares and entered the prison.

Upon seeing me the stallion looked absolutely disgusted and revolted. “So your majesty, I just noticed some of the guards leaving this room had injuries. It wouldn't bode well with the rest of the nobles if they hear their help has been beaten by a monster.”

I attempted to get up and shout at that stupid snot nosed rich unicorn, but I ended up slipping on some old hay when I tried taking a step.

Golden Bit backed up in disgust with a raised hoof and pointed at me. “See that! He just tried to attack me!”

“Who gave you the authority to come in here anyway?” Rarity asked starting to grow annoyed by the mere presence of this stallion.

“Who needs permission when you have my status?” Golden Bit rhetorically stated. Turning his attention back to Princess Celestia and Luna, ignoring the mare that helped me get up he said “Now princess, I have waited long enough. The populace demands justice be delivered and punishment be swift. What is your decision. You can refuse and start a feud with us, the nobles of Equestria that have helped you for the past centuries to maintain order in Equestria, or you can kill this ingrate or turn him into a pony right in front of me, right here. Right now. And we can all get on with our lives” Golden Bit said without even a sliver of concern for my well being.

The room went silent. Princess Celestia and Luna looked at each other and frowned when they looked at me.

A few seconds passed by then, “Everyone leave” Lua declared. “Everyone except for Stickler.”

Serene Pierce who had been supporting me, now held a slightly worried look on her face. She looked at me, and I scratched behind her ears. Which then resulted in an involuntary moan.

Everyone froze. Golden Bit looked like he was about to barf, Twilight and the others were slightly red in the ears and I just plainly felt uncomfortable at making an alien moan without meaning to.

“Ahem” Serene Pierce cleared her throat donning her casual expression again. “We’ll be leaving. Your highness” she said with a nod. And with that she left my side and ushered the rest of the ponies out of the room, not daring to look back at that awkward moment she had caused.

When the door had closed, Princess Celestia and Luna looked at me, with sad expressions. “Are you ready to receive your punishment Stickler?” Princess Luna asked sadly, a wing tip flicked the blood dripping off my lip away.

I nodded. What else was I supposed to say? This was their home. And this was what happened when trespassers crossed a line.

Outside the door, Golden Bit had used his magic to try and hear what was being said. Twilight and the others were on edge as well. Waiting. Listening.

“I am sorry it has come to this Stickler, but are you absolutely sure you do not want us to turn you into a pony and save your life? It is the only way, are you positive?” Celestai asked, the begging her in voice was almost too much to bare.

But with effort, I nodded. “I am sure.”

Princess Luna frowned, and stomped her hoof turning away from me while her sister gave out my sentence. “Your punishment is...”


Day...something. My time has come.

“Move” a hoof shoved me forward through courtroom doors and into the light.

Once outside, I finally hear that which was blocked from the moment I entered the courtroom. Cheers. Cheering, and only few booing.

“Get going” the stallion beside me said. I am not shackled, but I am heavily guarded. I take a step forward and stop when spit flies right past my foot.

A mare wearing a pricey necklace and headpiece stares at me with a glare. And beside her, is her foal with a bandaged torso. I frown and am shoved forward.

My bare feet hit the ground, and I can feel it all. The hatred and the anger. The disgust and the rage. I keep my eyes forward looking up ahead, and only glancing when I need to.

Every now and then I see injured ponies staring at me with anger. And only few staring at me with pity.

Every step I take, signs my signature. Every moment and second that passes draws me closer to my fate. My death awaits me at the gallows. That was decided by the Royal Court, and Princess Celestia and Luna both had asked me if there was anything I wished to add before being taken out to face justice.

I had shaken my head and said nothing.

“NRG!” I shout when something smacks my leg. I look to my right, and see a stallion throwing apples at me, beside him his injured girlfriend. Her forelegs were wrapped in bandages and she was in a chair.

My heart felt like breaking. I am shoved forward and continue moving. I look around, but all I see on the sidelines are equines, equines and more ponies.

The injured, the patriots, and the nobles. Young, children, and old alike all watch as I approach my destiny and as I get closer so do the ponies. The large majority of which are nobles that chant “Die, die, die!”

Other words are shouted at me, and a shadow flies over me. A second later I am drenched in cold water.

I look up to see armored pegasi flying above pushing clouds together to rain on me, despite it being a sunny afternoon.

Laughter echoes, those that aren’t against me stay silent and merely watch with sadness. A majority of which merely look away or don’t say a word since all the nobles have gathered for this event. Some I notice are even disturbed by talking like this, but merely do it because the nobles are there.

I slip once because I am soaked, my wet jeans which are still dirty and do not help me at all but make me trip. And when I regain my balance I am only shoved forward.

“Make him suffer like my children did!” a father calls.

“Don’t let him run off scot free for his actions!” a mare shouted.

“He’s a monster who deserves his just deserts!” cried another.

More shouts of profanity, more shouts of my end. Until finally I reach the gallows where a noose waits patiently for my neck.

“Move!” the guards behind me shove. I am pushed towards the stairs, where Princess Celestia and Luna are waiting. On the sidelines not to far away, are Twilight and her friends. All of whom don’t look at me. Applejack crying horribly with Rainbow Dash comforting her, and Fluttershy sobs bitterly with Pinkie Pie gently caressing her mane tears streaming down her own eyes. Spike wipes his puffy eyes with a tissue, and I merely smile weakly at Twilight that everything will be alright.

Discord is nowhere to be seen.

I turn towards the stairs; there are three. I take my first step, a roar of joy echoes throughout all of Camelot- Canterlot. I take my next, the sound grows louder, and finally I am on the same platform as princess of day and night.

Cheers pervade the air, flowers are thrown like at a wedding day, and those on my side that boo grow silent as they realize my sentence is final.

“Death comes to us all” I say with a sad smile at Princess Luna who stares at me with sadness.

She hugs me, quite suddenly yet tightly. I feel her embrace and I feel my eyes begin to sting. But no tears come. The ponies, the nobles boo and shout “Get on with it. I’ve got work in an hour!”

“Hurry up and give us what is rightfully ours!”

“Justice! Justice! Justice!” the voices chant together.

The voices are ignored by both princesses and I, and my hug with Luna ends. Princess Celestia turns to me and smiles sadly.

“I hope you will forgive me for this” she says sadly. “But as a ruler I must do what is right...you understand...don’t you? Your government would have-” I place a finger on her lips and shake my head.

“Shh” I say warmly. “I have accepted it.” And I have. I knew this day would come. I knew it would, somewhere deep down, I knew things would lead up to this, but at least I’d be going out as me.

Princess Celestia steps aside though hesitantly. And I approach my noose. Before me I can see all of Canterlot.

“What a beautiful sight” I say.

“Stickler!” a voice shouts. I look off into the crowd and see Applejack streaming with tears down her face, beside her are her friends, beside them Serene Pierce.

“A-Ah’m sorry bout all of this!” Applejack cried, her voice weak with emotion. “Ah didn’t mean for any of this to happen! I-I-If I’d known...” her voice trails off into sobs as she approaches the stage as best the fences that blocked the crowd off would allow her.

I smile weakly, move away from the earth pony standing there waiting for me, and hop off the stage.

Shouts yell at me to get back to where I belong, but I ignore them. A fierce yell from Princess Luna silences the advancing guards and I move to touch Applejack on the hat. When I do I smile at her and say: “We both made mistakes. We just have to move on.”

I turn around and go back up the stairs, guards line up behind me blocking the stage off so I don’t try getting down any more.

When I reach the earth pony he moves to put the noose around my neck. “Wait” I say raising a hand, he flinches and pauses. Then looks at the regal sisters.

“Let him speak” a weak voiced Celestia says.

He steps aside and lets me move.

The crowd goes silent as I approach.

“You know” I say my voice echoing into the atmosphere and blanketing the silence. “I never thought I’d ever be in a situation like this” I say with a strange chuckle. “About to get hanged, because you, nobles won’t let me speak, or because some of you are too racist to let me do anything for myself. Well you know what? I hope you enjoy yourselves when you all die.

“Because if I’m a monster, then you guys are demons.”

Silence fills the area. No one says a word. Then suddenly a tomato hits me in the face and all I see is tomato juice.

“Boo! BOO!” a noble shouts others joining in. I simple shake my head as the boos grow louder, then turn to the earth pony guard.

“Let’s get this over with” I state, wiping tomato off my face.

The earth pony nods. And moves for the noose. But before anything can happen, a voice booms through the city and a portal appears behind the stage.

“If you want to live. Then jump inside that portal” the familiar voice states.

Everyone freezes. No one realizes what’s going on, but I catch a small smile from Princess Celestia who nods in my direction. I grin, nod and run. A shot of magic is fired at me, but I dodge just in time. The portal is closing.

Just then I get hit in the back with a hoof, fall, and roll before taking off towards the portal again. I make it through just as a spear is sent right in my way.

Seconds later I appear in a cottage like room, surrounded by animals, and sitting on a armchair wearing glasses is the draconequus himself. Discord.

Discord smiles at me, and gives me a look over. “Let’s get you a change of clothes shall we?”

Author's Note:

This one took a bit of time.

Like if you enjoyed, and thoughts, comments and discussions are always encouraged.

Comments ( 15 )

OH SHIT A SEQUEL. Must. Commense. Read. Now.

6911380
Looking forward to your thoughts

Wait wait wait wait wait you can not just leave me with that!:applecry: What happens now?
*Checks story status* what do you mean complete? I can't be left hanging like this. You sly dog you,:duck: baiting me with this awesome alternate ending just to leave me at another cliffhanger.

Alright all that Above nonsense aside, loved it. You gave us a nice expansion on the minimal information given. We got to see the "Trial" we were shown more of the damage caused and why the Ponies reacted the way they did.
All around just needs some minor errors fixes. I liked it :pinkiehappy:

6911483
Excellent. Glad I was able to do something about the bits I had left off in the previous story. I may in the future continue this story, but could probably use a reminder in the distant future. Glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

SRY
SRY #5 · Feb 7th, 2016 · · ·

Moar:flutterrage:

I wonder if they could have used an illusion of him being turned into a pony?

WHERE IS THE SEQUEL:raritydespair:

6911475 I kinda want to write a sequel to this, if you'll let me, and call it Rated E for Extraction.

7505418 Interesting, by all means go ahead, just be sure to leave this in the link when you finish. Heck, I might even continue this later on in the near future.

Let me know how it turns out.

7796424 Perhaps. I've been thinking about it, and I may have a sequel to this.

Haha haha..... Bitch...... If humanity saw this shit you'd all get bombed, fuck delegation its obvious your entire kingdom is primitive so naturally we'll just treat you as hostiles. And you're all f*cked.

I digress. I suppose “It makes sense they would defend themselves the way they did” I reasoned. “If a creature randomly came to our world, looking quite threatening based off all the wounds they received wouldn’t you flee or try to attack it?” I said speaking out loud.

Not really.

“Did you really try to hurt those foals and elderly you hit? Is it true about the rumors being spread, that you came out with your weapon shooting ponies blindly after emerging from the Everfree Forest?” she asked with a calmness that hid an even larger sternness.

That’s what they’re saying? You’ve got to be f*cking kidding me.

Several seconds later, the sounds of armor clad hooves shook the ground above us where most of the other guards hid. And in the next few minutes, I was going to regret shouting so loud like that.

Very very soon.

Be ready to fight back.

Currently Princess Luna was explaining Stickler’s case, and what had led to this whole giant misunderstanding in the first place, and Celestia had to admit, Bit didn’t really seem to care that much that the human had been running for his life earlier before this whole charade started. All he wanted, all the nobles wanted, minus a Prince Blueblood, was justice. And that’s all they really cared about.

Why not blue blood?

Solar Plexus nodded weakly. Mumbled something to his injured troops, and watched them file out one by one. On the way out one of the unicorn mares slapped me roughly with her tail, trying to start something else.

But I just ignored it, and took the hit.

I would have pulled her by her tail.

The injured, the patriots, and the nobles. Young, children, and old alike all watch as I approach my destiny and as I get closer so do the ponies. The large majority of which are nobles that chant “Die, die, die!”

At this point, I wouldn’t even regret injuring them.

9366051
I need a sequel containing Equestria being nuked to hell after we find out what happened to Stickler.

6911502
Well well well looks like it's the distant future I'm praying for a sequel to this there are quite a few stories about humans get revenge against the ponies recently and it would be a great time to work on another the next chapter of this story If you do end up dropping this could you give us like the idea you had for a ending if you still remember it or had it

Login or register to comment