• Published 6th Feb 2016
  • 3,220 Views, 52 Comments

It's Only A Game... - Elysion_Doodles



So, CHS's Winter break is coming up. Pinkie's throwing some Hearths Warming parties. There's also some rivalries. Between Rainbow Dash and Soarin. The two will face off, and guess what? There's a school lock down. What will happen???

  • ...
3
 52
 3,220

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash was at the lunch table with the rest of her friends, chomping on an apple. "You guys excited for Winter Break?" Pinkie Pie questioned. "I can't wait to throw Hearths Warming parties!"

"Parties? As in more than one?" Twilight asked the hyper girl, still not used to her... Craziness? The Pink nodded and smiled widely.

"And all of you guys are invited!" She said.

"Can't wait," Dash smiled.

"Whoo hoo!" Fluttershy cheered with her weak whisper.

"Can't wait," Sunset Shimmer, too, smiled. Applejack and Twilight nodded in agreement.

"As long as you let me bring as many presents I want!" Rarity said, obviously knowing that her friends would try to be modest.

"No. Dresses." Rainbow and Aj both said at the same time. Everyone giggled at this and smiled.

"And guess what!?" Pinkie Pie half-screamed. "I'm inviting you guys over for a sleepover Friday night!" Friday was the day they got off of school for two weeks. Everybody cheered.

"And this time, we won't have to be stressed out about the Battle of the Bands, which will make it a lot more fun! Fun! FUN!!!" Pinkie must have wanted to tell the group this since she planned the sleepover. Which was probably when school started. But this is Pinkie Pie right?

"Mk, I got to go out to the field before school ends. I still got the championships tomorrow." Rainbow Dash said as if there was nothing to worry about.

"Tomorrow?!" Pinkie Pie, who was caught off guard, for the first time in her life, gasped.

"Yeah? What?" The group stared at the Athlete and shook their heads. This was Rainbow Dash. She was prepared.

~~~

"Okay, team!" Dash yelled. "We must be ready for tomorrow. So, I'm going to split up the team. Girls versus boys!"

Everyone on the team looked at her puzzled, as they thought that it wouldn't be fair. "Don't look at me like that! It's perfectly fair. Girls need to work on trying to go against both genders. And boys. You guys need to stop being wimps and don't be afraid to make a girl feel bad!" Rainbow Dash looked annoyed. She was tired that no one treated each other like they were the same gender.

It wasn't Rainbow Dash's fault. "GO!!!" The game started, and easily Dash got several scores for the girls. They aren't afraid of each other now at least... Dash thought. She was about to make another goal, while practically not even trying when the ball was kicked out from under her feet.

It took Rainbow a few seconds to process what had just happened. The athlete turned around to see Rapidfire dribbling the ball. Rainbow went after the ball, seeing that the ball was suddenly at Soarin's feet. He kicked the ball into the net.

"Nice try," The boy smirked, happy that he finally caught Dash off guard.

Rainbow Dash stared at him, a blank expression on her face. "Okay! Score is 4-1! Winning team is girls! First one to 5 wins!" It didn't surprise anyone that she went to five, she wanted to win. Everyone. Especially the boys. It was hard to get even one point. But hey, it didn't matter. It's not like she hasn't crushed everyone before.

The game went on. Rainbow Dash kept thinking about how she lost the ball, in a stupid way. Her teammate, Surprise, tried to kick the ball to Rainbow, but somehow failed. WHY?! Why. Why?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! UHHGGGG Dash went straight to the ball to get hold of it before anyone else got to it.

But, turns out, she didn't need to. Soarin got hold of the ball before she could. Wait. Did I just lose another ball? Rainbow Dash sprinted to get the ball, but this time, Lightning Streak got the ball from Soarin and made a goal. He winked at Soarin and smiled, " Nice! 4-2!"

Dash grunted. She was about to go to Surprise to give her a piece of her mind. But the ball was ready. She needed to get it. But instead, of course, Dash didn't get to the ball. Luckily, Spitfire had gotten hold of the ball. She looked like she was trying to hold something back.

"Spitfire! Pass the ball!" Spitfire looked ready to pass. She kicked. The ball went over Dash, and straight into the hands, (or feet) of Rapidfire again. Instead of him running away with the ball, he kicked it straight to Soarin. The Navy haired athlete dribbled the ball and kicked another goal.

Am I just not able to win today?!

"Sorry Rainbow Dash. I was dared to. You really need to hang at our table at lunch more." Spitfire told the scowling cyan colored girl. She was definitely not happy. The score was now 4-3. She was not going to loose.

Dash had managed to get the ball and was dribbling the ball to the net. She kicked, not paying any attention to the someone in front of the goal. Wave Chill caught the ball. He winced, no doubt because of the force of Dash's kick into the ball, but he wore a smug smile.

"Oh." Dash looked at him. With sadness in her eyes.

"Dash?" Wave Chill began to let her face sink in.

"Oh." She repeated.

"Rainbow Dash... Common." Surprise whispered into her ear, before getting pushed away.

"Oh." Pause for more effect... "IT IS SO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

Everyone was quiet for the longest time.

After what seemed to be forever, someone yelled. "It sure is!!!"

Everyone looked towards the voice. Rapidfire nudged the owner of the voice in his ribs. "You're in trouble..."

"I'm ready. Is everyone else?" The voice spoke again. Soarin looked around. "What?"

"Game. ON!" Dash yelled.

And guess what?

The bell rang. So, no one got to see who the winner would be. While on the way out, Rainbow Dash was glaring at Soarin with a face that would've scared anyone else out of their wits. But, not Soarin. He was immune to it.

Soarin too had an interesting face on. He had a giant smirk. Who knows what he's thinking.

"It. Is. On. Tomorrow." The Rainbow Haired girl said, with an even more evil glare than before. This almost freaked out Soarin.

Instead, he nodded. With a goofy face.

Who cares.

Author's Note:

During this entire story, the game is going to be called Soccer, not Football. Im MERCAN! XD lol, okay.
Sorry. I do not know soccer very well... Yea. I didnt want to seem like I was trying to write about something I know nothing about. So yeah. I didnt go to far into what was going on.