• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 14,371 Views, 453 Comments

Judgement - Amit



Lyra loves Bon-Bon very, very much. Enough to overlook the beautiful mare's caricatural homophobia.

  • ...
70
 453
 14,371

Katadikazete

I'm sitting on the bench, looking at all the ponies playing in the park. Smiling, laughing. Movement, everywhere. I fiddle with my lyre a bit, imagining little appendages plucking through the strings as I play gently. Practice, nothing conscious, as I survey the ongoings.

I see a sight that makes me pause. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, two of the Elements of Harmony—harmonising.

“You're the best marefriend ever,” the pink-maned Earth pony says, her voice carrying over to me as they walk alongside each other, as she nuzzles her neck.

The cyan pegasus looks away, and the red against her cheek intensifies. “Not here, Pinkie,” she says, but she doesn't make a move to push her away. “Everyone can hear us.” I try to conceal my look by closing my eyes slightly so that I can only barely see them, but I don't seem to have alerted them to my gaze.

“Ugh.”

That voice. Bon-Bon.

“Oh, hey, Lyra. Didn't see you there.”

That beatific voice. I open my eyes up and turn to look at her, see the pink streak running through that beautiful indigo mane. “Bon-Bon! Aren't you supposed to be tending to the shop?”

“I took a day off.” She looks over to the two, sitting down alongside me. She's nice enough to avoid mentioning my idiosyncrasies—in favour of highlighting others'. I like to think that she does it out of love; there is, however, a large problem with that theory.

“Look at those two filly-foolers, walking around in public like that.” She turns her muzzle up in disgust. “To think that they're two of the Elements of Harmony. Isn't it just gross? I don't know how Celestia stands it. And in front of the foals!” She highlights the various foals about the place with her hoof, none of which are really paying much attention to the couple.

Quod erat demonstrandum. I smile nervously, as I always do whenever the topic is brought up. “Uh, yeah! Yeah. Bunch of filly-foolers.” I try to match her vitriol, keeping my voice down. No one else seems to be noticing the two mares as they go about; Pinkie Pie is hopping around Rainbow Dash, saying some inane thing or another.

“Come on, Lyra,” she says, tugging me from my seating position and pulling me along with her forehoof wrapped around mine—the contact is exquisite—as we go off back towards the town. “They're spoiling my day off.” I don't resist; her fur rubs gently on mine, and I shudder as I smell her conveniently close mane.

I suppose it's silly, really, to pine for her; we've been staying with each other for years, now, but I still cannot stop and think for myself about her rationally for more than a few seconds before I'm overcome by the thought of that soft fur, that angelic voice—

“Thank Celestia we're not like that, huh, Lyra?”

—that angelic voice, her wonderful, kind personality—

“I mean, if I were like that, I'd totally just kill myself.”

—Celestia damn it, I love her nonetheless for reasons I could never possibly explain. So I nod absentmindedly, soaking in her scent. She speaks again.

“I knew you'd agree with me. You're like, the best friend ever. Everyone else in this town acts like there's nothing wrong with it. Like it's normal or something. Ugh.”

She smells particularly good today.

Like sweets.