• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 10,708 Views, 428 Comments

The Days Passed - SilverEyedWolf



A poor break-up sends Spike to the most understanding of the Six. She sends him to bed.

  • ...
24
 428
 10,708

PreviousChapters Next
Twenty Five Days Later, The Afternoon

Author's Note:

I am so, so sorry that this took this long, an is this short. I just wanted you guys to know that I haven't given up on this story, and I am still writing on it, even though I've just been turning out dirtier stuff instead of new chapters.

Just been in a rut, I guess :trollestia:

Anyway, that's what I've got, sorry again for the short chapter, and I look forward to the next one! :rainbowkiss:

Fluttershy felt herself melting into the young dragon's warm lips and hummed happily as he brought a claw up to rest on her cheek. Dual sensations battled as his thumb stroked her with the same soft, nervous touch as his tongue. Her head tilted itself as she parted her lips, tasting him for a flickering moment before he pulled away.

They stayed close for a moment, breathing each other's air. Her eyes were wide, and she stared at the gentle shade of purple present in the small scales of his eyelids. Slowly, his eyes opened, and she gazed into the massive pupils held in the spun webbing of his irises.

He found himself equally enraptured, swimming in her blue eyes, a lock of her mane tickling at his muzzle. He returned the action through his claw.

“Thank you,” she whispered, giggling and stretching her neck to kiss him again, a gentle peck. “That was lovely...”

“Yeah…” he whispered, still lost in buzzing thoughtlessness. Leaning forward, he returned her gentle peck, parting for a moment before coming back to her lips, both of them humming.

He sought entrance sooner this time, and she accepted him just as she had before, his tongue entwining with hers as they pushed together again.

His other claw lifted itself to her other cheek, and he slowly began to caress her, relaxing the pegasus and pulling her closer in one motion. He moved towards her neck with one claw, and her ear with the other.

She gasped as he pinched the base of her ear, moaning lightly into his muzzle as he ran a claw down one of the tensed tendons and down the large vein.

She raised a foreleg, pushing him gently away.

“Whoa,” she whispered, her voice scratchy and breathless. “Slow down, Spike...”

He pulled away, nodding and closing his eyes. “Sorry, it's just…” He shook his head.

“Shh, it's okay,” she panted, moving her hooves to his head and rubbing the scales. “I understand, it’s just…”

He nodded, resting his forehead against hers for a few moments. They stayed there, just breathing each other’s air for a minute.

“So, uhm…” Spike started, clearing his throat. “Do you… Uh, do you have a crush on me, Fluttershy?”

She blushed and pulled away from him. Before she could get too far, he reached forward and cupped her cheek, pulling her back.

“No pressure, ‘Shy. I’m honestly curious,” he murmured, rubbing his forehead on hers; a weird sort of nuzzling.

Slowly, she shook her head. “Not… No, not really… I haven’t thought anything about it…”

He nodded, and they both lapsed back into silence.

“Wh-what about you, Spike?” Fluttershy asked, her ears twitching against his head. “Did you have a…”

He nodded as she trailed off, a small smile coming to his face. “I’ve been having stray thoughts for maybe twenty days, or so. They only got… vaguely serious last night. Maybe yesterday?”

“That long?”

He nodded, pulling away and opening his eyes to look into hers. Smiling at her half-lidded gaze, he couldn’t help but to lean forward and give her another small peck on her lips, making the pegasus giggle.

“Before last night, I thought they were just rebound thoughts, you know? I figured I was reading too much into them, that they had no substance.” He shrugged to himself. “I just thought they were little flights of fancy.”

“Well,” she said, leaning forward and lifting his chin with her nose, “do you still think that?”

He thought about it for a moment, then leaned forward and firmly kissed her again, chaste and passionate and long.

Ending the kiss with her muzzle once again between his claws, Fluttershy stared up into the dragon’s eyes, waiting for his next words.

“I think,” he said, thinking carefully, “that you are a wonderful mare, a fantastic pony, and very beautiful.” When she blushed, he chuckled and kissed her cheeks. “And very much worth pursuing, if you’re open to the idea?”

She giggled again, then returned his earlier kiss, her movements slow and delicate.

They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, before Spike’s eyes widened.

“Dibs on not telling Twilight,” he muttered, making the pegasus’ eyes copy his.

“Dibs on not telling Rarity,” she whispered back, an almost horrified look passing over her features.

The same grimace flickered over his face. “Damn,” he whispered. “I don’t know if I wanna trade or not.”

Fluttershy shook her head, her pupils shrinking as her eyes widened further.

They stared at each other for a moment, before breaking the impromptu contest with a giggling fit.

“Do we need to tell them right away?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well, those two will be fine not knowing right away, but if we’re dating, then...”

He gave her a strange look, then smiled down at her. “If we’re dating, then a few of our friends should know. AJ won’t mind waiting with Twi and Rarity, and Rainbow can be a bit of an unintentional blabbermouth…”

“So, Pinkie Pie?”

“She probably already knows...” He shrugged. “We’ll play her by ear. If she knows then we’ll talk with her about it, but otherwise we play as dumb as with the others.”

She nodded, smiling at him. They spent a moment staring at each other again, surely irritating anyone and everyone currently paying them any attention, before Spike blushed.

“Ah, there’s another thing we should discuss,” he muttered, rubbing the back of his head and looking away.

“Hm?” she wordlessly asked, tilting her head.

“Well, like the kiss earlier,” he said. “When I started… When I touched your ear?”

The part in question flicked, and she nodded.

“Well, it’s been a while since I was at the start of a new relationship, and I may be more used to… certain physical acts than you are.”

She blushed, hiding her muzzle (and a grin) behind her hooves.

Before she could stop herself, she said, “Like what?”

The words surprised both of them. They were spoken almost lasciviously, definitely flirtatiously. Spike reddened, and a few of the spines on his back straightened.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, I don’t know where…”

He gently quieted her, reaching forward and clasping her jaw in a claw.

“Spike?” she asked.

“Nothing much, just a taste,” he muttered, snaking his neck forward once again. “Is that okay?”

Looking into his half-lidded eyes, she nodded, nuzzling his snout with hers. “Just, not too much, please?”

He smiled, moving his head past her nose, touching his mouth to her ear.

“Just a little too much,” he murmured, his warm breath sending chills up and down her spine. He chuckled at her shiver, then ran his nose along the outside of her ear. He ran the thin edge of the appendage, her ear trying to flick as he ran from its tip to the base, continuing down her neck.

“Spike,” she whispered, shivering and pulling him closer. With a nod, he opened his mouth against her neck, biting down gently and sucking on the tender skin there. She moaned quietly…

And then breathed out as he pulled away, both of them panting, both of their eyes fuzzed and heavy lidded, both of their mouths slightly open, both of their faces drifting closer…

Spike stood up, shaking his head.

“Berightback,” he muttered, before he strode to the back door, opened it quickly and exited, leaving the door open.

For a second, Fluttershy kept her eyes where he had been. Blinking, she stood up and walked slowly over to the door, looking outside just in time to see Spike dunk his entire head, and some of his neck, into her rain-water barrel.

He stayed under for a suspicious amount of time. He finally came up for a breath when Fluttershy walked over and placed a hoof on his leg.

He came up gasping, and shook his neck and head, spraying Fluttershy with cold water. He looked down at her for a moment, then smiled.

“Sorry about that,” he said, leaning forward to touch his chilled, damp nose to her hers. “That went a bit too far, further than I was planning...”

She shook her head, kissing his nose. “It was nice,” she told him with a blush. “More than I was expecting, but nice.”

He hummed, nuzzling her nose. They broke apart after a moment and returned to the kitchen, Spike gathering a kitchen towel to dry himself with.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Fluttershy asked, looking up at Spike through her hair.

“Well, your chores, I suppose, then...” He looked down at the table, scanning over the remains of their breakfast. “Maybe a trip to the market?”

Fluttershy nodded, looking at a list stuck to her refrigerator. It was a long paper pad, but it had items scribbled to the bottom.

“Sounds like a good idea,” she said, smiling up at Spike.

He returned the smile, before grabbing the plates from the table. “I’ll get started here, if you want to get ready for the market. Do you have a compost pile?”

PreviousChapters Next