• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,176 Views, 185 Comments

Scootalong to the Cheer - Blackbelt



Inside the schoolhouse of ponyville, a parent teacher conference takes place. Let us see what happen

  • ...
4
 185
 6,176

The Warpath

Death. Pain. Destruction. Wrath. Discord.

There were many names for great forces of evil in the world.

As far as the greater part of Ponyville was concerned, the embodiment of all of those things was walking through Ponyville right now. Slowly. Deliberately. Leaving broken cobblestones in its wake. (much to the chagrin of the ponies who placed those cobblestones). All avoided it. All were too afraid to approach this unholy shadow.

Any obstacle in the way was quickly removed. Ponies were pushed aside. A cart was broken in half. A small residential house had holes put into its walls. A wake of destruction was left in its path.

Finally, a hero rose to the challenge, to save the small town of Ponyville from the shadow which threatened it so. A strapping stallion, mane billowing in the wind, with fur of red, a giant green apple adorning his flank, a yolk hanging from his neck.

He stood in the path of the shadow, staring it down, confident that he would succeed where others were certain he would fail. A crowd, though fearful of the shadow's power, gathered to see the confrontation between it and the hero. From the crowd, a young filly, the ribbon in her hair flapping in the wind, cried for the hero, begging him to not throw his life away. But the cries were ignored. The hero knew that he MUST face the evil, for the sake of everyone.

"Stop." The hero proclaimed loudly to the shadow, digging his hooves into the ground, taking up a defensive stance. Still the shadow continued its advance, ignoring the warning, its pace and stature unchanging.

Another cry came from the filly, pleading and begging the hero to not throw his life away. This time, a chorus of voices joined in the cry, the ponies not wanting to see one of their own hurt. The hero temporarily broke his gaze from the shadow, and looked to the crowd. He then shook his head. He knew what was at risk. He knew that he may not survive. But he knew that this was something he had to do. Any further cries from the crowd died upon their lips, and all they could do was silently pray for their heroes success.

Closer and closer the beast loomed, the confrontation between it and the hero coming ever closer. Seconds stretched on, feeling like years to the hero as inevitable defeat or victory approached ever closer, its hoofsteps echoing through the air. And than the shadow, embodiment of evil, was upon him.


And Cheerilee pushed Big Macintosh aside with no effort, sending him flying 20 feet through the air and into a small brick wall.



And thus the hero of Ponyville was defeated in combat. The villagers wept. The young filly, with ribbon in hair, mourned the death of her brother. The wind itself seemed to mourn as it died down, as the sun set and the night's beauty began. Some briefly wondered if perhaps the Goddess of the night would weave a constellation in honor of their fallen hero. Others feared what the shadow would do, now unchallenged as it continued its march.


And than Big Macintosh stood up. "You'd think I'd learn to not mess with her when she gets like this by now..." He thought to himself as he looked upon the destruction caused. He briefly wondered what had angered Cheerilee so much that she would step right through a group of kids playing with some dolls and wrecking their dollhouse and miniature toy cart. But he also knew better than to ask.

"Are you ok?" His little sister looked up at him with worry.

He smiled back. "Eeyup."

"You're not hurt, are ya?"

"Eenope"

"Is....is something wrong with Miss Cheerilee?"

The farmer carefully considered his words. He knew there was something that was obviously wrong with the school teacher, but he didn't want to speak of an authority figure without knowing everything. He considered for half a minute before he knew how to respond.

"Mmmaybe."

_____________________________________

Dust Buster stood outside the Rich household, watching the sun set as she relaxed, a cup of tea sitting on the patio table next to her. She enjoyed these moments of peace when her employers were out and about, and her duties were complete. Moments that came far to infrequently. She picked up the cup of tea and drank deeply, enjoying every second of the rich flavor. She placed it back down on the table, and meant to look up at the first stars to dart the night sky, but she noticed something that disturbed her greatly. Ripples were forming on the surface of the liquid, as if something were shaking it. But Dust Buster heard and felt nothing that could be causing these ripples. Than, as she contemplated what this could mean, she heard it.

*CLIP-CLOP-CLIP-CLOP.*

Hoofsteps. Slow, deliberate, and perfectly in time with the ripples. and they were slowly getting louder. The maid scanned where she thought the sound was coming from, but saw nothing. She was unwilling to turn her head away from the rhythmic hoofsteps, or to run inside, fearing that whatever it was could tear down the house anyway. Then over the horizon, she saw a lone pony, wrapped in a dark cloak, heading right towards her. It moved in rhythm with the sound and ripples. At first she dismissed it as mere coincidence and continued to scan for incoming danger, but slowly became aware that this mare was the source of the noise and ripples. But this revelation did not calm her. It only made her fear this mare of shadows. What dark powers does this pony possess?

*CLIP-CLOP-CLIP-CLOP-CLIP.*

The mare stood face to face with Dust Buster, silently staring. Being this close only exasperated the maids fears. She could not tell who this mare was. She could not see her face. All she could see was shadows. I declare that all of my possessions are to be donated charity Dust Buster thought to herself, scrunching her eyes closed as she awaited her end.

"Hi Dust Buster. Is Mr. Rich in? I need to speak to him." A calm familiar voice came from cloaked mare. Dust Buster opened her eyes and looked at the pony in front of her. This time, she recognized the pony who stood in front of her.

"M-Miss Cheerilee, Diamond Tiara's school teacher, yes?" the maid asked shakily, not trusting the voice she had heard. The cloaked mare nodded and raised the hood of her cloak, calming Dust Buster down by showing she was not, in fact, some demon come to attack her. She was too relieved to question why she had an eyepatch, a bandage around her head, or why she looked like she needed a combover. The maid recollected herself and said. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Rich was called into Canterlot earlier today for an important meeting. I am unaware of when he will be returning. I can inform him that you stopped by though" She deeply prayed that Cheerilee would not be mad at her.

"I understand, I did come by unannounced. And please, you can just call me Cheerilee, no Miss needed. Sorry I can't stick around and chat, but I have some stuff to handle. See you around Dusty!" Cheerilee answered before lowering the cloak back over her head, about facing, and walking away, off into the night.

*CLIP-CLOP-CLIP-CLOP.*

Dust Buster waited until Cheerilee was out of sight before exhaling a breath she didn't know she was holding in. She said a brief prayer to Luna that she was safe, and could enjoy another one of her nights, and than made an important decision.

It was time to request that vacation time from Mr. Rich. She had always wanted to take cruise ship to Neighpon, and she always thought she wouldn't get around to it until retirement, but as Luna's Moon as her witness, she was gonna do it ASAP.

_____________________________________________

Music filled Ponyville park. Sitting on a bench there, Lyra played her lyre. She knew that a musician needed an audience, but she also loved the peace of this time of night. The only things that existed was the night sky, and the music that resonated from her lyre. Deep down, she lamented the fact that she couldn't share this with Bonbon saddened her a bit, but Lyra remembered the last time she had tried to help clean the taffy machine. She admitted that the way they got the taffy out of each other's fur was absolutely fascinating, but it was ultimately awkward for both of them.

Lyra looked around at the empty park as she played her song. She looked up at the stars, the trees that fluttered lightly in the wind, the small woodland critters that scurried around the park, Cheerilee walking around the park while shrouded in a black cloak, the moon crossing the sky, the-

wait, what? Lyra stopped playing. "Cheerilee?...Hey Cheerilee!" She got up from the bench, keeping her lyre levitated in a magic aura, and rushed over to Cheerilee, who continued to walk. "Cheerilee!" She called out once again.

Cheerilee stopped and slowly bent her head around to see who was calling her name. He emotionless face and cold eyes stared at the lyre toting pony for a few seconds, then turned her head back and continued walking unabated. She only stopped when she noticed a golden aura envelope her cloak and pull it off of her. She turned around to stare once again at the mint green unicorn, this time her eyes filled with a small glimmer of rage. Rage that unnoticed by Lyra.

"HAHAHAH!!!! Holy cow Cheerilee, what happened!!!?" Lyra laughed, despite her worry at why Cheerilee looked like the end result of a sorority hazing ritual. Then memories from earlier that day flashed through her mind.



".....this is an apology gift."

"Don't worry, Miss Cheerilee is fine. Just an interesting day at school is all."




Lyra stopped laughing, worry over what had happened taking precedence over the ridiculousness of Cheerilee's current state.She stared into Cheerilee's eyes (or at least tried to, since only one of them was visible). Cheerilee's face seemed to be a mixture of rage, sorrow, and everything in between. The two stared at each other, not saying anything.

"Um..."Lyra muttered, uncertain of how to proceed. "...Cheerilee? Do....do you wanna sit down and talk?" Lyra flashed the best smile she could muster given the situation. Cheerilee stared back at Lyra, than she broke her gaze with her friend and stared up at the sky, at the trees that dotted the park, and the blades of grass that darted its ground. The school teacher than returned her gaze back to Lyra and stared deeply.

The only thing she could manage to say before tears began to run down her face was "I just want today to end......"

Lyra calmly wrapped her forelegs around Cheerilee, drawing her close. "There there." Lyra whispered "I'm here. Just let it all out." With that cue, the magenta mare's crying only increased as she burrowed her head into Lyra's shoulder. The two friends stayed like that, Cheerilee letting all of the pent up emotion of the day out, Lyra being a loyal friend and helping however she could. Eventually, the tears ran dry. "Come on" Lyra said. "Your place isn't too far away from here. Let's go there and get you cleaned up."

"Um....could I have my cloak back first? It....it makes me feel safe....."
________________________________________________________________

It had taken alot of time, water, and soap. It had been difficult, challenging, and outright frustrating. It had taken a huge dose of magic.

But being able to see Cheerilee, a smile on her face, her fur freshly cleaned, all four of her legs the same color, both eyes uncovered and healthy, and her forehead unbandaged made it all worth it. It was unfortunate about Cheerilee's hair, but the towel wrapped around Cheerilee's still damp mane covered it for now. Ah well, five out of six wasn't bad.

Both mares currently found themselves sitting on the plush couch in the living room of the house, both of them just enjoying the silence of the moment. Eventually though, regrettably so, Lyra knew she would have to eventually broach upon the subject of what had happened. She briefly wondered how she would even begin. She didn't know whether she was lucky or unlucky when Cheerilee began recounting things on her own.

"I think a student of mine hates me." Cheerilee began. "I mean, I know being a teacher can lead to children sometimes resenting some of the things you have to do, but....." Cheerilee trailed off momentarily...."but what she did borders upon sadism....." Cheerilee finished, her voice cracking, struggling to hold back a second round of tears.

Cheerilee shook her head, and soldiered forward. "And the worst part is that I was completely fooled. I was lead to believe that everything that happened was all an accident." the tears that threatened to come were quickly replaced by a low snarl in Cheerilee's voice. "Yes, it was an accident I was hit in the head with a baseball, had my mane ripped out, had my leg drenched in piping hot liquid rainbow, had my eye cut, AND THAN I WAS COVERED IN MUD!" Cheerilee screamed. "AND THE WHOLE TIME....the whole time......" a fresh set of tears ran down Cheerilee's face. "the whole time I hoped beyond all reason that I hadn't let down one of my students.....that one of my students, who I love and care for, would do something like this......."





".....this is an apology gift."





"Are you sure it wasn't actually an accident?" Lyra blurted out. She only got an angry stare from Cheerilee in response. "Hear me out. What if it was all an accident? What if she's sorry for everything that happened? Right now she could be as miserable as you are right now."

Cheerilee's face twisted from a look of rage to a look slight consideration Ok Lyra, you got her thinking. Keep talking.

"I mean, if this whole thing was some kind of trick to make it look like an accident, than why would she even connect herself to the acts in the first place?" Lyra said, silently thanking all those hours she listened to Cheerilee rattle off legal talk. "Quite frankly, it doesn't make sense. If the excuse doesn't fit, you must acquit!" Lyra proclaimed, standing up and pointing a hoof into the air.

Cheerilee giggled to herself. "You're right. I shouldn't think so badly about one of my students....." Cheerilee sighed deeply. "...and I haven't even gotten her side of the story. I was just so frustrated that I immediately called her father to the school for a discussion.....next time I see her, I owe her an apology." Cheerilee stated.

The two friends were suddenly interrupted by a yell from outside. Before they had a chance to react, there was a knock on the door. Lyra and Cheerilee looked at eachother, before Cheerilee stood up and cautiously walked to the door. She gulped, than opened the door.

The door opened, revealing an angry jasmine colored pegasus. "Hey Cheerilee. I had heard from Snails what happened, so I came over to see how you were doing. And who do I find SPYING on you except THESE two" Raindrops said through gritted teeth, pointing with an outstretched hoof right behind her.


Right behind her, where a guilty looking Diamond Tiara and Scootaloo sat.


"Spying? at this time of night? Apology my left hoof, they PLANNED everything.........