• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 374 Views, 2 Comments

Ink Meets Words - arcanelexicon



A collection of stories centered around some of my artwork.

  • ...
 2
 374

The King Returns

The end of Equestria was coming.

The elements of harmony were bound and broken. The magic of Celestia, Luna and Cadence drained. All of their friends were either unconscious, or restrained.

The necromancers had begun their chanting. Spellforms drawn in blood glowed.

Crystals sprouted from the ground.

A dark mass started coalescing. Sinister magic bound with blood, metal, and crystal. The tyrant's time to return had come.

From the swirling shadows, a figure came forth. King. Ruler. Tyrant. Murderer. Sombra

A lone druid approached the altar, kneeling. "Your regalia, my King."

After puttiing on his crown, armor, and cape, King Sombra approached the dais, ready to address his followers and his slaves.

No one has heard his voice in over a millenia. His spirit form when he first returned did not do justice to his omnipresent, commanding voice. Now, all of Equestria would hear his voice.

Sombra looked out to the masses with a sinister grin. His voice would bring jubilation! Infinite celebrations would be held! The day has come!

Sombra spoke, "Thank you very much."

The crowd went wild.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!"

Sombra just smiled.

Equestria did not end. Now, the bigger task of resurrecting The Beefuls was at hand.

Author's Note:

Yeah, you have to be a little older to understand this fic.