• Published 24th Nov 2015
  • 852 Views, 18 Comments

The Great and Powerful Trainer - Cusi



Trixie is sent to the pokémon world. She travels with the Sinnoh champion to find a way back to Equestria.

  • ...
0
 18
 852

Prologue

Prologue

There are countless tales told throughout the worlds, spread throughout the many universes that exist. Every civilization, no matter how different from other they may be from each other, seem to have a fondness of making and telling stories. Some tell the tale of how the world came to be, giving birth to countless myths. Others prefer something more real, and stay close to facts and history. Yet others like the middle point, where myth and truth combine to create legends. Some stories important to the culture, others nothing more than a way to pass the time.

Perhaps one of the most popular stories are the so-called “scary stories”, particularly the ones where people disappear, never to be seen again. There are many, many tales about disappearances. Some find a happy ending, where others only get worse as time passes. The reasons for these stories are many. Perhaps a haunted place? How about a serial abductor? Maybe something more along the ways of the paranormal?

To those that enjoy such beginnings in their stories, why not a little of all three?

Many of these stories have something in common. That being a shadowy creature that simply appears and takes a person away. A slithering phantom that abducts creatures whether they are prepared for it or not. Naturally, the nature of such a creature would give fear and uneasiness to some. And yet, this creature is and was object of adoration to several different civilizations throughout dimensions.

But fear not, dear reader, for this is not a story of tragic tragedy nor overly-mysterious mystery. No, in fact, it is of light-hearted adventure and magical friendships. So now that that little warning is out of the way, let’s talk about this creature, shall we? There is one particular universe where this creature is actually known, for it is there where this creature was born. People in this setting refer to this creature as ‘Giratina, Master of the Distortion World’, also known to many as legendary pokémon.

Along with its siblings, Dialga, Master of Time, and Palkia, Master of Space, Giratina had control over its own dimension. This dimension is known as the Distortion World. Not much is known about it, other than people believe it is an alternate dimension to their world, and that the only creature in it is its master. Both statement are true... for the most part.

The Distortion World is indeed an alternate dimension. The scope of this dimension, however, is far greater than they could possibly imagine. The Distortion World serves as a hub for many, many dimensions. That magic portal that took you from this magical land to that sci-fi universe? It probably passed by the Distortion World. That advanced science-y inter-dimensional thingamajig that connect these two completely different realities? It may have taken advantage of the Distortion World’s properties. That magic mirror that takes you to a parallel universe where everything is alike but opposite? You guessed it, Distortion World. And magic.

These visits to its hub dimension are extremely brief, not that time actually matters here, so they are harmless by the most part. A blink is an eternity compared to the time it takes the Distortion World to link the two dimension together. In some rare cases, they may not need to interact with it but once for them to stay connected; as has happened in some occasions.

Giratina is very protective of its home, so it makes sure all intruders are quickly gone. As it is, Giratina is usually content to just use its powers to watch several occurrences in whatever dimension it feels like watching. Oh, yes, Giratina finds its entertainment watching the happenings that will never reach its world otherwise. It can get quite boring in a place where nothing really lives or happens. And so, Giratina watches. That feeling you get when someone is watching but no one is near. It may be Giratina looking for some entertainment.

But there are cases where Giratina wants a little more excitement. Others when it wants to help. Others where it is curious. That’s why so many different dimension can communicate with other many different dimension, because Giratina lets them connect. Such is its power.

Which brings us to the very start of this story, the tales of disappearances. Perhaps you’ve heard of that hero that saved the land and left once his heroic deed was done. Or that other one where the adventurer just wants to see what else is out there and goes to many different worlds, never to return. Well, dear reader, a lot of it is Giratina’s doing.
And just like those previous mentions, this story begins with a pony. A great and powerful pony Giratina had watched for some time, not that time matter in the Distortion World but you probably get the idea, thanks to her rather interesting personality and deeds. Anyways, as is usual with these cases, Giratina was curious to see how this pony was faring. Interestingly, he felt a calling to that dimension. Something was calling for it there. Perhaps one of its several treasured orbs? Giratina would go see. As much as he liked watching, things usually got interesting when its Griseous Orbs were involved. And so, our story begins.

Author's Note:

Pokémon belong to Nintendo/Game Freak. My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro/the Hub. I own nothing but the plot.

I wanted to finish my other story first, but it's going to take forever. And I really wanted to write this story.