• Published 21st Nov 2015
  • 308 Views, 6 Comments

Destiny's Game - Fluttertreetop



A mysterious pony goes into Ponyville and learns the Magic of Friendship, and unintentionally falls for a certain mare.

  • ...
5
 6
 308

Prologue

Fire engulfed the entire place and to anywhere he turned his head, all he could see was the great inferno. Panic consumed the poor colt's wholebeing. He was supposed to be fond of the flame, but somehow, his known fondness dissipated under the rubbles.

"Save yourself now, son!"

A tender yet fearful voice boomed his ears. He galloped towards the origin of the sound, but something fell in front of him, blocking his way. "Mother!" He called. He tried to find any way to the voice, but his efforts weren't paid. There was no way out. The fire was already consuming his field of vision and the thick smoke didn't permit him to breathe steadily.

"G-go now! I beg you!"

He once again heard the voice, but instead of following the plead, he creased his brows and flapped his wings rapidly, ascending himself from the ground. His horn glowed with an emerald green hue, firing a beam of magic ahead of him. The dandelion winged unicorn dashed straight, dodging everything that fell down.

He took multiple twists and turns, desperate to find the only pony who really loved him.


"Mother! Why do I have wings while you don't? I can understand my horn, because Father has, but maaaa! Why?" The young colt bit his mother's tail, and pulled her.

"Oh, my silly little child. You'll know that eventually. Once you grow up." The mare rolled her eyes and smiled at her son.

The colt frowned. "Eventually? But I want it now!" He stomped his hooves on the ground, indicating another tantrum.

"My son, just remember this: You are a gift to me and your father. We didn't even expect you'll ever.... live with us. You'll know your answer. I promise." The mare nuzzled her son and gave him another gentle smile.

"Awww! But be sure to stay with me! Even when I grow up!" He said rather sternly, but with a little voice that made his mother giggle.

"Alright, alright."


He still wanted to know what was his purpose. His mother promised to stay by his side when the time comes. He was certain of it.

Panting, he stopped and looked around him. "Mother?! Mother! Can you hear me?!" He shouted in between coughs. Smoke continously penetrated his already burning lungs, as his breathing had an irregular phase. He decided to shout for his mother once more, but there was no response. With that, his heart beated very fast and his mind went into circles. Thousands of questions raced in his mind, but none of those seemed to have a safe answer.

Suddenly, he felt a strong energy behind him. Unfortunately, due to over fatigue, he wasn't able to dodge the ray that was fired directly to him. He was thrown away, as his body slammed against the nearest wall. The impact created a huge crack behind him and he felt like his limbs were falling apart. His body felt sore, as his consciousness threatened to slip away from his hold. He sprawled upon the floor, his vision obscuring.

Nevertheless, the colt struggled to stand up. He pushed himself up using his trembling forelegs, followed by his hind legs. His wings went numb, as he left them hanging limply behind him.

He could not give up just like that. His mother needed him. He was her only hope.

Slowly, he regained his balance and successfully stood up from his hooves. His horn gathered a magical aura, as he fiercely aimed ahead. He felt that somepony was behind hose fire curtains. That somepony who killed his father.

The thought made his blood boil. He couldn't let anypony get killed once again by that; in front of his very eyes. He gritted his teeth and spat a curse.

Behind the fiery glow, a silhouette appeared. It bursted into a menacing laugh, sending a chill within the little pony's spine. Although he felt fear, his desperate heart forced hin to stand still, maintaining the magic he wanted to blow. He felt a strong urge to beat that pony into a bloody pulp, but a part of him said that he couldn't do anything. He was nothing compared to what the other pony could do,

"Now, little alicorn. Looks like your luck is running out!" The crimson eyes of the figure illuminated the dark, matching the fire behind it. Its horn produced a red aura, as if levitating something.

He stood up defensively, his golden eyes flashing with anger and fear.

Carried by the red mystical aura was a figure- a figure of another pony. It was dropped before him, as he heard the weak pony wince.

The color drained from his face as the magic he was holding in disappeared. His once fearless stance was quickly replaced by a vulnerable one. His whole body trembled, not because of pain, but fear all over.

His dearest mother was lying before him, soaked in her own blood, covered with burns and deep cuts.

He found himself unable to talk nor move. His eyes narrowed, tears endlessly falling from them. This can't be happening...

Without his knowledge, the unicorn who brought his mother in front of him prepared a magic beam, aiming at the motionless alicorn. The wounded Earth pony saw this, from the corner of her emerald eyes. She still had some strength remaining. She hastily pulled herself up, jumping upwards, receiving the fatal beam. Her poor body dissipated, as if it was burning.

The alicorn was startled by the sudden movement, as he watched his mother die before him. His heart shattered into pieces and he felt like dying as well. Gone. His dear mother was gone. The word kept repeating inside his mind, hoping that it was just a dream. But no, it wasn't. The scene before him was real.

Because of the strong magic, the ceiling collapsed, separating the colt from the grim unicorn. The young colt responded to his senses and galloped away, firing multiple beams on his way, just to escape. The scene was too much for him. It would be forever carved in his mind.

Author's Note:

This story really needs a cover.