• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 702 Views, 51 Comments

Sparkle's Bizzare Adventure - Diokno44



Follow the journeys of the Sparkle Clan, and their bizzare adventures

  • ...
4
 51
 702

Act 1-P2: A Hellish Youthood

Divine had been a resident of the Sparkle Estate for a little over two months now. In that time, Divine had everything within her power to make Dusk's life a living hell. Divine had beaten Dusk at chess, one of her favorite sports, several times. She had better table manners than Dusk. Whereas Dusk often piled her plate, or more often than not, plates, high with as much food as she could, then piling into her mouth. In contrast, Divine Earth only got what what could fill her belly, rarely less. On one meal, when Dusk had been gorging herself with two plates stacked high with rich meals and pastries, Divine, from personal experience, ate only a plate of Neighponese fried rice, fried, well-done steak, garnished hay, and a trio of rich cream cheese rangoons, with a glazed coating. Midnight had praised Divine's etiquette, which had caused Dusk to grumble around her meal.

A loud cheer rang out from the surrounding nobles, merchants, and other spectators. Both Dusk and Divine attended Silver Chariot's Fencing Academy for Youths. Today, a training tournament had been arranged. Master Silver Chariot, a renowned knight, master of the quick rapier, and the main-gauche. He always wore his gleaming silver armor, his face obscured by his armet style helmet, his eyes the only things visible, a piercing midnight blue. His rapier, polished so it shone in the morning light, was named Mémoire, the Prench word for Remembrance. What little was known of him, was that his mentor in swordsplay, a wisecracking noble from Prance, had been made a quardoplegic, then murdered, by a member of a gang of thugs while visiting Pitalia. His parrying dagger was known as Venguer, Prench for Avenger. He nodded at Dusk and Divine, who wielded a parrying dagger in their off-hoof, and a rapier in the other. ¨You may begin.¨ Silver said, his voice deep and authoritative. He rarely spoke, but when he did, it was with the authority of the master swordstallion he was.

Dusk and Divine raised their dulled blades before their faces, as a sign of respect for their combatant. They gently nodded at one another, their foreheads tapping against the cold steel. Dusk's horn slid against the steel, causing her to shiver, as a chill went down her sensitive horn. Dusk took a deep breath, and then gasped. While she had been getting ready, Divine's wings had perked up. Dusk barely had time to jump back, and parry, for Divine had lunged, their blades CLANGing as metal rung against metal. ¨That was dirty Divine!¨ She growled, as she began stabbing at Divine with her capped rapier.

Divine grinned, easily dodging or deftly parrying each of Dusk's strikes. Dusk was shocked, it was like Divine and the wind around her had fused. Dusk growled, as she readied her rapier, and started with a quick slashing motion. That was when she noticed the smirk caressing Divine's face. ¨Ÿou foal¨ Divine whispered, slamming the blunted tip of her well-worn rapier. Dusk gasped, spittle flying from her lips. The blow caused her to bend slightly, as the wind was knocked from her lungs. Perfect! I have you where I want you...Dusky! Divine thought, whipping out her training main-gouche, and roughly slammed the pommel onto Dusk's right foreleg. Dusk let out a cry of pain, as she felt the bones in her dominant foreleg shatter. She felt her grip on her rapier loosen, as it clattered to the rubber mat. She groaned, glutching her foreleg, sniffiling on the floor. A loud round of applause came from the crowd, as Divine took a bow, smiling broadly. She shot a smirk towards Dusk, sheathed her blades, and trotted away, a crowd following, leaving Dusk in agony.

¨Hrnk,¨ Dusk groaned, rubbing her foreleg and forehoof. ¨Curse you Divine Earth.¨ She muttered, teeth clenched.

----X----

The following morning found Dusk and Sif, sitting beneath the shade of a spreading chestnut tree. Before them sat a babbling stream, as clear as crystal, and as clean as a freshly pressed suit. Dusk's foreleg was wrapped in bandages. The family Doctor, Tender Hoof the Tenth, had used a bit of Earth Pony healing magic, as well as some medicinal herbs, to speed up the healing process. From what he had said, Dusk would have full use of her right foreleg again within two to three weeks. She flexed her right hoof, and winced, Sif nuzziling her injured leg.

¨Thanks girl.¨ Dusk smiled, patting her faithful companion's head with her left forehoof. She sighed, her breath as a visible puff of air in the chilly early morning. air. That was when she heard a cry of pain come from nearby, causing her to stand, and turn her head.

Nearby, a screaming colt was being beaten, and she galloped to his aid!

----X----

¨Heh, look at the little pansy!¨ Two older ponies, one a muscular teenage Unicorn filly with a dark grey coat, and a white mane, and a lithe, smirking Earth Pony colt, rammed their hooves into the already bruised Earth Pony colt laying in the dirt, curled in the fetal position.

¨Hey you two!¨ Dusk yelled, having arrived at the scene of the assault. The two stopped beating the colt, who appeared to only be a little bit younger than Dusk. Righteous fury swelled in her heart at seeing the injured colt, bleeding from several small cuts on his quivering form. She galloped forward at the bullies, slamming her shoulder into the snout of the taller Earth Pony colt, sending him reeling, blood flowing from his injured nose, as he clutched his bruised jaw.

¨Why you!¨ The Unicorn filly growled, landing a blow to Dusk's face, causing her head to whip back. ¨Take that, you luxurious dickhorn!¨ While the filly was a part of the upper-middle class, she still had some resent to the nobility. She helped her partner in crime up, ¨Let's get out of here, these two aren't weren't our time.¨ She spat on the ground, glared at Dusk, and left with her injured friend, hobbling.

¨The colt shivered, slowly standing on weak legs. ¨T-thank you miss.¨ He smiled slightly, one eye closed. ¨I'm Silver Drift.¨ He wobbled slightly, leaning against an aged tree trunk.

Dusk huffed, clutching her injure cheek, and wiping the floor from her lips. She turned to the colt, smiling warmly. ¨Dusk Sparkle, and, are you alright?¨ She asked, rubbing her bandaged foreleg, ¨You look pretty bad.¨

Silver shook his head, ¨This is nothing.¨ He limped away, hopefully back to his home. Exhaling, Dusk smoothed down her fur, called Sif over, and began making her way back to the Estate. She had done a good deed today, and that's what mattered to the heir of the Sparkle Household. Her father and mother always taught her to do her best to protect the innocent, and that is precisely what she had done.

As she entered the house, she stopped at the staircase, rubbed her foreleg, and entered the expansive library that resided within the estate. It was well known, even becoming a jape at parties, that the Sparkles loved knowledge as much as they loved each other. Twilight sat at her desk, an ancient, ornate helmet before it. The faceplate was formed like the visage of a hideous gargoyle-like beast, with razor sharp fangs. ¨Now, what cruel warlord could have worn you, my friend?¨ She thought aloud, looking over her notes. From what she could tell, the ancient helmet, dating to, at most, the Dawn Era, when the Emortuus the name give to the Alicorns that betrayed the Maker, and sought dominion over all life, if not reality itself. ¨I shudder to think at the stallion or mare that wore you, what horrors they commited, and...¨ Her horn sparked, ¨What forbidden magic have you been enchanted with.¨ She set the disturbing helmet back on her desk, ¨Blood magic courses through you.¨ she then grabbed a small vial, filled with a tiny bit of her blood, and poured a few drops onto the metal. Its eyeholes burned with a reddish, fiery glow, as it seemed to compress, and glow, before returning to normal. Smilight, she set the vial back in its holder, and left for her bedroom.

Meanwhile, as the heir of Sparkle Estate slept, the mask glowed once more, and if one listened carefully, they could hear faint screams, and a dark laughter.