• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 926 Views, 12 Comments

The Twelfth Doctor Tries to Understand Canterlot High - Helblade Master



The Twelfth Doctor just can't get Canterlot High off the mind. So he decides to go back. He starts to learn some things even he would never have believed was possible, anymore.

  • ...
6
 12
 926

Dimension Traveling is Still Possible

Author's Note:

Oh my gosh it's still possible.

The TARDIS landed outside a seemingly normal apartment building. The Doctor knew who lived in there, if the TARDIS was correct. Sunset Shimmer, a female from Canterlot High who, last time he checked, wore a leather jacket, a purple shirt with a sun divided into two colors, and an orange skirt with two streaks running down the left side. Her hair would make her easy to spot since she'd, most likely, be the only one with red hair with orange highlights, or orange hair with red highlights, which ever one it was. "Alright Clara come along," The Doctor said. He turned around and walked to the door before turning around," and yes."

"Yes to what," Clara asked.

"Yes, as in future yes."

"Future yes?"

"Yes." The Doctor turned back around and opened the door. The apartment building was rather large. He was sure half of it was just a false add on made by aliens. Apartment buildings are never that large. He walked up to the front door and pushed a button on the paging system. Seconds passed before a female answered.

"Hello," asked the female.

"Yes hello is this Sunset Shimmer i'm speaking to," The Doctor asked.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna have to ask who you are."

"It's me Mr. Smith I came here to talk to you." Seconds passed and there was no reply. "Hello?"

"Sorry just needed to move a few things. Um sure. Come on up." The paging system clicked. The Doctor opened the door and walked in. The lodge was average with a few chairs, magazines, some plants, elevators, and a reception desk. The Doctor went to the elevator and scanned each of them. Neither of them were alienated but he wasn't going to take any risks. He took Clara to the stairs and began walking up them.

"So Doctor who is this Sunset Shimmer character," Clara asked as they reached floor two," you never got around to telling me about our last adventure here."

"Well Sunset Shimmer is a 'friend' of mine," The Doctor replied," she sorta saved the world. Not me."

"Oh my gosh Doctor you made a friend!?"

"No. I did not make a friend. She's a 'friend'. Or perhaps a better term may have been acquaintance."

"Well I think she's a friend if you're going to her for help."

"She is not a friend. Clara just don't bother." The Doctor stopped at door number 10B and knocked on it. There came some thumps and then the door opened. Instead of Sunset Shimmer there was Twilight Sparkle.

"So is this Sunset Shimmer," Clara asked.

"No, my name's Twilight Sparkle," Twilight replied. The Doctor pulled out his Sonic Sunglasses and scanned Twilight. She was drenched in magic, she gave off such strong radiation that even his Sonic Sunglasses couldn't record all the data. She looked different from the last time he saw her. She wore her purplish hair, with her deep purple and pink highlights, hair in a bun and she wasn't wearing her usual bow tie and skirt. She was in her pajamas instead and was squinting.

"Twilight Sparkle," The Doctor began," meet Clara. Clara meet Twilight Sparkle."

"What do those do," Twilight asked as she pointed to his Sonic Sunglasses.

"Oh these. They're Sonic Sunglasses, they record data using sonic waves, it unlocks doors, makes technology go haywire," The Doctor said as he began listing off it's capabilities," these can do just about anything a remote control can do and more. But it can't work on wood."

"Mind if I borrow them?"

"Yes I do mind. I don't want any pudding brains messing with my stuff."

"Doctor," Clara said as she crossed her arms.

"I mean...... I would prefer you not. This is very high-tech equipment that I don't want in the hands of a pudding brain." Clara began to tap her foot. "Clara look, I am not going to be nice twenty four seven."

"Doctor you could've hurt her feelings," Clara growled.

"Yes I know, but that's the whole point of calling humans pudding brains so that they try to get smarter. Since the entire human race is nothing more than a brain dead society."

"I'd have to disagree with you, Doctor," Twilight interrupted.

"Oh really. Name all the pieces of a double helix strand."

"Adenine, Cytosine, Guanine, Thymine, Prymidine, Purine, and Carbon Deoxyribose Sugars."

"Gah. Anyone could know that. Name three elements on the periodic table, other than Plutonium, Hydrogen, Uranium, Oxygen, Carbon, Helium, Copper, Gold, Neon, Nitrogen, Chlorine, Sulfur, Phosphorous, Silicon, Aluminum, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Nickel, Zinc, Krypton, Silver, Tin, Iodine, Platinum, Mercury, and Titanium."

"Niobium, Zirconium, and Darmstadtium." Twilight smirked.

"Oh you think you're so smart don't ya? Then tell me each of their atomic mass."

"Ninety two point ninety one, ninety two point twenty two, and two hundred seventy one is the current atomic mass of the longest living recording of Darmstadtium."

"Atomic number?"

"Forty one, forty, and one hundred ten."

"Element Symbol?"

"Nb, Zr, and Ds."

"Well then I guess I should take that back. Not all humans are a brain dead society. I like you Twilight. Now where's Sunset Shimmer?"

"Oh she's in the bathroom."

"Well may we come in or should we just wait out here," Clara asked.

"No come on in. I mean, you guys were talking to Sunset on the paging system," Twilight said as she moved away from the door. The Doctor and Clara walked into the apartment. A sleeping bag was sprawled across the floor as well as a bowl of popcorn. A dog layed, curled up in a corner. Near a table was a pair of broken glasses lying on the ground.

"Uh oh," Clara said as she picked up the glasses," were these your glasses?"

"Oh no, oh nononononononono," Twilight held out her hands towards Clara. Clara handed Twilight her glasses," oh noooo."

"Oh stop your griping and give them to me," The Doctor said as he took the glasses from Twilight," another good thing about my sunglasses is that I don't need them 24/7. So I guess you can use them. Only for the time being." The Doctor took off his Sonic Sunglasses and put them in Twilight's hands.

"Thank you," Twilight said," but I thought you said you didn't want me touching these?"

"That was before I found out you weren't a pudding brain. Now put them on." Twilight put the sunglasses on and they began to refocus to Twilight's eye sight. "Luckily I have another sonic device that does just as much."

"So um, this is a nice place she's got here," Clara said trying to change the subject before the Doctor and Twilight got lost in some technobabble she'd, most likely, not understand.

"Thanks," Sunset said as she walked out of the bathroom. Sunset Shimmer was also in her pajamas.

"So you're Sunset Shimmer," Clara asked.

"Yes," Sunset replied. Sunset turned to The Doctor and smiled kindly," it's been a while Mister Smith."

"Indeed it has Miss Shimmer, indeed it has," The Doctor said as he picked up the bowl of popcorn and handed it to Clara.

"So what brings you to this neighborhood Mister Smith," Sunset asked as she took the bowl from Clara.

"Oh just cam here to understand magic. Seeing as you know so much about it I thought i'd come to you Miss Shimmer."

"Well i'd love to but it's kind of early in the morning to do this. And I can't really show you how it works without some sort of object to wield it."

"Then get a wand," Clara interrupted," I mean isn't that how magic on Earth works?"

"You wish it did," Sunset said setting the bowl on the counter.

"Then how does it work Miss Shimmer," The Doctor asked.

"Well how should I know," Sunset asked," I mean come on the magic originates from Equestria. The place where I actually have a horn to weild it. But here it's just all willy nilly."

"There's that place again," The Doctor noted," Equestria. What is with you and this place called Equestria?"

"Other than the fact it's where I trained in the art of magic and where I come from, nothing," Sunset replied.

"Now hold on. You're saying you come from a place where humans have horns that can control magic but when you leave it you don't," Clara asked.

"No, Equestria is like another dimension where instead of humans there's ponies," Sunset replied.

"Impossible," The Doctor shouted," you can't have travelled here from another dimension. That is completely impossible."

"Alright mister smart guy and why not," Sunset asked.

"Because dimensional travel isn't possible anymore," The Doctor replied angrily.

"Alright. Let me get some appropriate clothing on and I can show you that it is possible." Sunset walked to a nearby room and shut the door. Minutes of awkward silence passed and Sunset cam out dressed in her leather jacket, but rather her normal skirt she wore a green and yellow skirt and jeans. Sunset then slipped on her boots and walked to the door.

"She's pretty serious about this isn't she Doctor," Clara asked as they followed Sunset down stairs and out into the parking lot.

"Yes she must be. But i'm going to prove her wrong," The Doctor smirked. Dimensional travel wasn't possible and he knew it. This girl was just being delusional.

They arrived back at the school and Sunset stood next to the statue. "Alright Mister Smith. Touch it right here," Sunset touched the front end of the base of the statue.

"Fine Miss Shimmer but like I said there is no way that dimensional travel is possible." The Doctor touched the statue's base. Well at least he should have. Instead his hand went right through. He was stunned by this and looked at Sunset Shimmer. She just stood there and tilted her head. The Doctor then proceeded to put his head through. Suddenly he was in a library, inside a crystalline room, and at the far end sat a pony, reading a book. She was lavender colored with a horn and wings. With a mane similar to Twilight's hair, the color was even exact. The pony looked up and screamed, The Doctor shouted and he pulled his head back through the portal.

"So," Sunset asked," was I right or was I totally right?"

"How is that even possible? That shouldn't be possible." The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and aimed it all over the statue. The readings were undeniable. This statue was another way to enter dimensions. Something told him he'd be staying for more than just magic.