• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 369 Views, 2 Comments

AAE Seasonal Holidays - Animatorsnake



Equestria's most interesting thing to Anim is the familiar holidays that the ponies celebrate, as Anim joins Twilight and friends in the holiday spirit through Nightmare Night and more.

  • ...
 2
 369

The Most Awesomest Day of All Time

Author's Note:

Today is Rainbow Dash Day, Happy Birthday Rainbow!

Another month, and another day... but this isn't any ordinary day, today's my birthday and the same day I moved to Ponyville. I've made friends with Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight, the whole gang. After that fiasco with the meteor awhile back, Anim and I have been great buds... you know for a unicorn his pretty athletic, I even let him in some challenges with AJ and I. I think the only time I've seen Anim ever... focused, was when he joined in the Running of the Leaves event, I swear everyday he becomes more and more complicating by the day, like seriously what goes on in that head of his. Anyway back to my birthday, Pinkie is planning everything, Rarity is probably making me some sort of frilly dress, Applejack is bringing some apple cider (the non-alcoholic type), Fluttershy and Twilight are helping out with some of the activities and decorations, as for Anim… he said that he was going to do something with the CMC and Spike, I’m not sure what but it’s a surprise.

“When are they going to come back,” I said, flailing my hooves.

“Don’t worry Rainbow, Anim said he’ll be back soon,” said Twilight.

“Then we can go and party!” shouted Pinkie, dangling from a pole.

“Pinkie, how’d you get up there?” asked Twilight.

“What you mean?” said Pinkie, who was behind Twilight.

“But how, you were just?!” said Twilight, shocked.

“It’s Pinkie Twi, I don’t think there’s a lot to tell,” said Applejack, carrying some cider.

We’re celebrating my party outside in a picnic area, it’s cool and Pinkie has some ideas for games. When everypony was finishing up, we saw Spike with Rarity, but no Anim nor CMC with them.

“Hey Spike, where’s Anim?” I asked.

“He’s still finishing on that thing with the CMC, he sent me to tell you guys,” said Spike. “So are you done with the party?”

“Almost, say Rarity what have you been doing anyway?” asked Twilight.

“Just getting a gift for Rainbow,” said Rarity.

“I hope it’s not a dress,” I thought.

“It’s so nice that we do this outside, the weather today is wonderful,” said Fluttershy, looking at the sky.

Fluttershy is sort of right, the weather today is pretty awesome, might do a few tricks. However Anim is taking longer than I thought, if he doesn’t come back soon, he’ll miss everything.

“Guess who’s back?!” said Anim, with the CMC behind.

“Where were you guys?” asked Applejack.

“Been there, been here, the usual. Anyway, it seems you guys finished things here,” said Anim.

“Happy birthday Rainbow Dash,” said Scootaloo, running up to Rainbow with a gift. “Here’s your birthday gift.”

“Thanks Scoots,” said Rainbow.

"We’ve been helping out with getting some gifts for you Rainbow, and helping Anim with whatever this is,” said Applebloom, pulling with Sweetie Belle something on their cart.

“What’s in it?” asked Twilight.

“That’s a surprise. Now I need to set it up near the forest, I’ll be right back,” said Anim, taking the cart to the trees.

“So that’s what Anim’s been doing with the CMC?” asked Applejack. “What exactly is that thing?”

“I’m not sure sis, but Anim said it’s something has been working on recently,” said Applebloom.

“I’m thirsty,” said Sweetie, exhausted from dragging the cart with them.

“Here you go Sweetie Belle,” said Rarity, giving her sister a cup of water.

Curious I followed Anim, to the forest as everypony was busy socializing. Stalking behind him, he places the cart near the trees, removing the cloth reveals some sort of machine that I’ve never seen before. I take a better look by hiding in the tree’s branches, not realizing that somepony else wasn’t the only one who was curious.

“What is that thing?” said a voice, behind me.

“Huh?” I said, turning my head.

Behind me was Scootaloo, she must of climbed the tree and followed me… or she had the same idea like me.

“Scoots, what are you doing here?!” I whispered trying not to make too much noise.

“I was curious with what Anim since he didn’t told us what it was, that’s all,” said Scootaloo, giving an innocent stare.

Sighing I pat Scoots on the head. “Well, okay, but don’t make too much noise,” I said to her.
We stared in awe of what Anim what doing; his horn began to glow, releasing his magic into a crystal connected to the machine. Suddenly, the machine started to make some noises, and some smoke came out of an opening, pulling something out with his magic reveals some sort of… cloud? Taking a better look, the branch begins to make some cracking noises then… it broke off the tree.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!” screamed Scootaloo and I, falling behind Anim.

When we fell, Anim stared at us with a look of confusion. We stood up and tried to explain to him that we were just curious and didn’t mean to ruin his surprise. Expecting him to scold us, he grinned and chuckled a little; confused I asked what’s so funny.

“Why aren’t you mad? We ruined your surprise,” said Rainbow.

“This isn’t my surprise, just a fraction of what’s to really come,” said Anim. “Say, can you two help me, I need to make more of these clouds and bring them to the others.”

Confused, Scoots and I helped Anim with whatever he was doing here. It took a few minutes but we finished, caring the satchels full of clouds, something felt odd about these clouds because they felt somewhat more… dense.

"Hey, I’m back and I got something to show everypony,” said Anim, opening one of the satchels.

"Is that… a cloud?” said Fluttershy, confused.

"Not any ordinary cloud,” said Anim.

Placing his hoof on the cloud, his hoof didn’t faze through the cloud but instead was physically against it. Everypony was awe-shocked by this, Anim had found a way to make clouds that can be physically touched by anypony, whether a pegasi or non-pegasi.

"How… how did you?” asked Twilight, astonished.

"Well, the clouds in this world are different from the ones in my world. You see the clouds above us, can’t move but only by pegasi, and I wondered how come… and it hit me, since all the pony races can use magic different ways, for Earth ponies is through their hooves, unicorns their horns, and for pegasi through their wings, but the pegasi can also use magic through their hooves but it takes a long time to master it correctly. So which is why pegasi don’t cause clouds to not easily break, then I thought of the clouds in the Everfree, they have freewill and can’t be affected by anypony. The reason is because, those clouds have extreme amounts of magic absorbed into them, for example, magic source against a non-magic source causes it to be together so they can work in harmony… but a magic source and another magic source cause it to bounce off each other. Doing some research on this, I made a machine to insert a specific amount of magic into the clouds, creating…” said Anim, grabbing the cloud and shaping it into boots.

Watching, Anim wore the pairs of boots on all his hooves and suddenly… he started flying. He simply walked upwards and was floating in mid-air; everypony was amazed of what Anim has discovered.

"I know there is already a spell which can allow you to stand on clouds, but these are clouds you can move while still allowing the pony to fly to any direction with ease,” said Anim.

"But how come you brought this to my birthday? I sort of have wings already,” said Rainbow, still confused.

"Well… I noticed there aren’t many pegasi you hang out other than Flutters, so I thought… why not make something that can allow us to fly with you,” said Anim.

I realized that Anim had made this to make me not so lonely in the skies, it was a nice gesture and I’m thankful for it. Everypony wore the special cloud boots, now everypony could experience flight even Scoots, not everypony had it easy, Applejack couldn’t fly probably and sometimes flew into a tree or somepony else. Rarity, Fluttershy, and I were the only ones who had it easy since we were pegasi and Rarity flew before once. Watching Scootaloo and her friends enjoying in the air was a happy sight to see, even though she’s couldn’t fly with her wings yet, she could experience flying now, everypony was having a great time.

"This is awesome!” shouted Rainbow.

"Best party, ever!” screamed Pinkie. “Oh I almost forgot.”

Pinkie headed down to earth, and pulled out her gift for me. Then everypony piled their gifts near the table, we were getting ready to cut the cake. I opened the first few from AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy.

"What’s this?” I asked.

"It’s a new recipe I wanted to try out, apples from my farm and some cherries from Dodge Junction,” said Applejack. "Try it out.”

"Thanks AJ. So what did you get me Rarity?” I said, opening her gift. “Is this a necklace?”

"A custom made one, I placed your cutie mark on it, and found some colorful pearls for your unique mane,” said Rarity.

“Cool, and finally Fluttershy,” I said.

“I got you a flower wreath from the flowers I’ve been growing, hope you like it,” said Fluttershy, rubbing her leg.

“It’s wonderful Flutters, thank you for the gift,” I said, wearing it. “How you guys, what did you get?”
Twilight, Pinkie, Spike, and the CMC brought out their gifts next. Twilight’s was interesting from what I’ve saw.

“I got you the latest book on Daring Do, and a history book about the Wonderbolts. You were running out of some new reading material recently,” said Twilight.

“Awesome Twilight, but I’m not so sure I will be able to finish that history book though?” I said.

“Don’t worry, I got you the one with mostly pictures,” said Twilight, giving me a small smile.

“Thanks I guess, and what did—” I said.

“I got you a custom-made… party cannon!” said Pinkie, revealing the gift.

When I saw the gift, it was amazing… just like me; Pinkie added some of my colors from my mane and placed my cutie mark on the side. I wasn’t sure why Pinkie got me one of her party cannons but, she said that this one is different from her others and is stronger to send a pony flying. Basically this is to help me to be sent flying to the sky quicker; it’s the ultimate launch off.

“This is awesome Pinks, how did you have the time to finish this?” I asked.

“I had some help,” said Pinkie, giggling.

“My turn,” said Spike, “I got you this cool gem I found the day earlier.”

“WHOA, isn’t that a diamond?” I said, amazed by the gift.

“Really, I thought it was a sapphire, I get the two confused,” said Spike, taking a look at it.

“How did you ever find this Spike?” asked Rarity.

“I was collecting some gems nearby, and I saw it on the ground,” said Spike, handing the gift to Rainbow.

“Well thanks Spike, maybe I could ask Rarity to make something with this sometime,” said Rainbow, putting it away. “So, what did you three have for me?”

The CMC picked a gift together; of course the idea was Scootaloo’s. Surprisingly I thought it’s something big, but when they revealed it, it was a smallish box wrapped carefully. Removing the wrapping paper, inside was something… interesting.

“What is this?” I asked, staring inside the box.

“Their tickets to the next Wonderbolt concert,” Scootaloo said.

“Are you serious, but the tickets for this are sold out, how you got these!?” I said.

“Well, me and the girls have been doing some small jobs, getting bits and when we got enough we bought as enough we could get,” Scootaloo said.

I stared at Scoots, then at the tickets, then back at Scoots. I immediately hugged her, I was so happy for what they’ve done; I decided to bring her and her friends with me to the concert. Finally, Anim was the last pony, I thought the gift was those cloud boots, but that was just a surprise, the real gift was coming up soon enough.

“So Anim… I wonder what your gift is,” I said, curious.

“I worked on this a few weeks ago, getting help from Rarity, and Twilight,” said Anim, using his magic to pull something out of a satchel.

When Anim revealed his gift, it was something I never expected… it was a bandana. The bandana had colored pieces of cloth which made it into a rainbow cloth, but there was something written on it.

“You made this… and what’s this?” I asked, looking at the writing.

Written into the cloth was a small message, it said, “Loyal & Awesome to Thee End”. The message was cool in a way; Anim smiled a little and placed his hoof on me, saying something to me.

“Happy Birthday, Dashie,” said Anim, hugging in return.

I wasn’t sure what to do, but Anim made this with everything he had. Everything Anim has done from this point on, all the things his created and choices his made, in the end were for us all. His great and wonderful friend, I wouldn’t trade him for anything… okay enough moody stuff, I have a birthday to celebrate. With everypony, we continue with my birthday celebrating, playing games, and enjoying our time, I’ll never forget the kindness Anim has given us.