• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,414 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,414

Party of One

"Thank you all so much for coming! It means so much to Gummy."

Pinkie Pie stared across the table at her "guests." Whether or not she was genuinely happy to see them was uncertain. If there was anypony in Equestria who could possibly be happy to see a bucket of turnips, a stack of rocks, a ball of lint, and a bag of flour as her party guests, it was definitely Pinkie Pie. Granted, she would have rather had her friends attend, but they had all made up excuses not to come, and to make things worse, Spike had told her that they didn't like her parties and they didn't want to be her friends anymore. Nothing could have hurt more than that, but at least she had her new friends to assuage the pain.

"Could I have some more punch?" Pinkie asked, putting on a voice for the bucket of turnips.

"Well, of course you can have some more punch, Mr. Turnip," Pinkie responded. She placed a full cup of punch in front of the turnips, then twitched violently. Thinking nothing of it, she continued on with her party.

"This is one great pahty!" the rocks "said" with a heavy Bucklyn accent. "You really outdone yourself!"

"Why, thank you, Rocky," Pinkie replied, smiling sincerely.

"I'm having a delightful time as well," the ball of lint "informed" Pinkie.

"I'm so glad, Sir Lintsalot," Pinkie said. Another twitch seemed to not concern the pink pony in the slightest.

"Might I trouble you for anozer slice of cake?" the bag of flour asked. Her thick Prench accent was unmistakable.

"Anything for you, Madame le Flour," Pinkie told her. It was always nice to help a real friend.

"I'm just glad none o' them ponies showed up," Rocky said, emphasizing the word "ponies" with a derisive tone. Pinkie began to doubt Rocky's words; an impressive feat, considering she was the one voicing him.

"Oh, they're not so bad," Pinkie said, trying to reason with him.

"Not so bad?" Rocky asked. "Pug-lease! They're a buncha losers!"

"Oh, c'mon now," Pinkie said softly. "Losers might be a little strong, dont'cha think?"

"After the way they treated you?" Sir Lintsalot joined in. "I say losers isn't strong enough."

"Well, it was pretty rude..." Pinkie said quietly, her feelings beginning to sway.

"Pretty rude?" Madame le Flour scoffed. "It was downright deespicable!"

"It was, wasn't it?" Pinkie asked, though the question seemed more hypothetical than anything.

"If I were you, I wouldn't speak to them ever again," Mr. Turnip told her. Pinkie frowned a deep frown. Everything she...everything they were saying was absolutely right.

"You know what?" Pinkie said with a sneer. "I'm not gonna speak to them ever again. And I'm not gonna invite them to another party as long as I live! They don't deserve to be invited to my parties." Her tirade was interrupted by another twitch. "Not after the way they've been acting."

"You're acting crazy. Stop it."

Pinkie's eyes refocused as she looked across the table at Sugarcoat. She was positive she hadn't seen her there before. Though to be fair, she had also spent the last few minutes talking to inanimate objects.

"What?" Pinkie asked.

"You heard me," Sugarcoat said. "Your friends aren't going to stop being your friends just like that."

"But they all cancelled on my party!" Pinkie insisted. "And they're all being super-secretive about what they're doing instead! And Spike said that they don't like my parties and don't want to be my friends anymore!" Her ears dropped at that last part, and she looked about ready to cry. Sugarcoat rolled her eyes and groaned.

"You'd better not tell anypony I'm about to do this," Sugarcoat said. She waited for Pinkie to nod in agreement, then gave her a small hug. "Calm down. Your friends must have good reasons for what they're doing. Friends don't just stop being friends cause they don't go to one party, and Spike probably just said that cause he was being pressured or something. So just calm down right now, because you're acting crazy." She let go of Pinkie, giving out a little hmph. "And I only hugged you so you wouldn't cry. Don't look too much into it."

Pinkie sniffled a bit, starting to smile. Now that Sugarcoat had put it that way, it made much more sense. Her flat mane and tail puffed back up to their usual fluffiness, and she tried to tackle Sugarcoat in a big hug. Sugarcoat, however, held a hoof out to stop her.

"One's enough," Sugarcoat said simply. Just then, the two heard a knock on the door.

"Hey there, Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash said as she entered Pinkie's room. "Sorry I was in such a rush earlier. Had some place to be and couldn't slow down and say hello. You know how it goes. So why don't you come with me over to Sweet Apple Acres?"

"I'd love to!" Pinkie responded. "You wanna come too, Sugarcoat?"

"Nah," Sugarcoat said, taking a bite of a turnip. Pinkie's jaw dropped.

"Mr. Turnip! Nooooooo!"