• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,407 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,407

Call of the Cutie

Apple Bloom took a deep breath. For what felt like the hundredth time today, she was about to pour her heart out to somepony over her problems. She had already tried to get advice and help from so many ponies, but nothing had helped. Selling apples with Applejack did nothing. Trying next to everything with Rainbow Dash yielded no results. Baking cupcakes just gave her a tummyache, and Twilight's attempts proved to be fruitless. Right now, she needed somepony who could really take care of her problem, somepony who she'd seen approach problems and solve them without issue.

"Tiara's cute-ceaƱera's today and everypony in my class will be there and they'll all have their cutie marks and I want to get my cutie mark but I'm no good at selling apples or hang-gliding or making cupcakes an' magic doesn't work, but I wanna go to the party but how can I go to the party if I don't have my cutie mark, which Pinkie Pie says I can't just make appear, but I need it to appear, RIGHT NOW!" Apple Bloom panted as she finished that diatribe, staring desperately at the pony whom she'd come to for advice.

"I don't care," Sugarcoat responded.

"What?!" Bloom cried out. "What do you mean, you don't care?"

"I don't care," Sugarcoat repeated. "And you shouldn't either."

"How could I not care about getting my cutie mark?" Bloom asked desperately.

"You'll get it eventually," Sugarcoat said. "Whining won't do anything. And you're letting yourself get all riled up by two annoying little fillies whose special talents are being spoiled brats. Just go to the stupid party, and ignore them if they bother you. Now can we stop talking about this? The less I talk about childrens' butts, the better."

Bloom stared at the powder-blue unicorn. The way she said it made it sound so simple...and yet she still didn't quite feel it. Cutie marks were super-important and she knew it. She'd have to come up with some manner of plan to still go to the party and not have her lack of cutie mark noticed. Either way, though, she felt the need to thank Sugarcoat for her advice. It was just the way she was brought up.

"Thanks, Sugarcoat," Bloom said, getting ready to head off. She turned back to her, giving her a smile. "You gonna go to the party?"

"Is Big Macintosh going to be there?" Sugarcoat asked.

"Uh...no, he's gonna be working," Bloom responded.

"No," Sugarcoat replied. Bloom shrugged and gave her a wave before heading off.