• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 1,496 Views, 51 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 23: Hour of the Doctor - Doctor Perseus



The war with Discord Whooves reaches its devastating conclusion.

  • ...
6
 51
 1,496

Prologue: The Anniversary

Doctor Whooves: Episode 23

Hour of the Doctor

Prologue: The Anniversary

The Doctor Donna Jones, Oort Cloud, Solar System, Space, Winter, 6018 A.D.

Jenny stared out into the vast void of space as she calmly coordinated the Doctor Donna Jones through the endless ocean of icy comets and dark asteroids. The calming, starry reaches of the Milky Way slashed through the center of the wondrous view. Suddenly, Jenny's attention was drawn away from the view by the smell of something she had grown all too familiar with over the course of the past five years.

"Do I detect banana nut muffins?" Jenny asked with a smirk.

"Wow. You've gotten good at this!" said Bright Eyes in reply as she placed a tray of banana nut muffins in the empty seat next to Jenny.

"I've had enough muffins by this point to recognize the different scents." Jenny happily took one of the muffins. "Besides, I should at least be able to recognize the scent of my favorite kind." She took a bite and smiled with delight. "But what's the occasion? You normally only make my favorite on my birthday, on a holiday, or something."

"But today is a holiday...sorta. It's the five year anniversary of when we first met."

"Of course. I almost forgot."

Bright Eyes sighed. "I can't believe it's already been five years."

Jenny chuckled. "Yeah. Neither can I. Time sure flies when you're busy exploring the universe." Bright Eyes sighed again and Jenny glanced at her friend. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about my friends."

Jenny gave a warm smile. She was used to seeing Bright Eyes occasionally drift off into moments of thought and worry pertaining to the friends she was so anxious to return to. "Chin up, Muffin Head! You're going to get back to your friends." Jenny placed a hand on one of Bright Eyes's shoulders. "You're not giving up, are you?"

Bright Eyes shook her head. "No. I just miss them more and more with each passing year."

"I understand. And I'm guessing you miss Clockwork the most."

Bright Eyes gave a confused look. "Why would you guess that?"

Jenny chuckled and smiled at the confused pegasus. "You talk in your sleep."

"I do?!" Bright Eyes's cheeks turned bright red.

Jenny laughed. "Don't worry. You never say anything bad. It usually involves you just saying Clockwork's name over and over again."

Bright Eyes blushed a bit more. "I do miss him."

"I know." Jenny looked out at the Oort Cloud. "I miss my dad too." She turned back to Bright Eyes. "Hopefully, your friends managed to find my dad and they're all together."

"That would be nice."

Jenny noticed that Bright Eyes had pulled her shirt forward and was staring at something on her chest. "I thought we talked about this enough," said Jenny.

"What?" asked Bright Eyes.

"You're staring at that scar again."

"Oh." Bright Eyes slowly released the shirt and sat back. "Sorry. There's just-"

"A lot of bad memories connected to it, I know. It reminds you of the last time you saw Clockwork and the rest of your friends, I know. But it's best not to keep dwelling on it."

"I try not to dwell on it...but it's hard."

"I understand. I still sometimes think back to when I died and my dad left me. Then I came back...but it was too late." Jenny shook her head. "But that's why we're together, Bright Eyes. We have the same goal: find the Doctor." Bright Eyes gave a small smile. Jenny smiled back. "Now eat a muffin and enjoy the view!"

Bright Eyes looked through the ship's front window. "It does look nice."

Jenny nodded in agreement as she scarfed the rest of her muffin down.

The two friends sat in silence as they simply watched the comets and asteroids fly by while finishing off Bright Eyes's latest muffin batch.

Bright Eyes had just finished her seventh muffin when her eyes fell on a nearby letter. It was addressed to Jenny. "A letter? When did you get that?" she asked.

"I didn't tell you about it?" Jenny asked in response. "I got it while we were visiting Earth. I believe we were in Cardiff, if I remember correctly."

"I remember that. So who's it from, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It's from River. She was congratulating me for finally getting myself a surname."

"How did she find out about that?"

"This is River Song we're talking about. Are you really surprised?"

Bright Eyes shook her head. "No. Not really." Bright Eyes glanced at the letter and then turned back to Jenny. "Jenny Medicus. That's quite a name."

"Well I'm quite a person."

The two friends laughed.

"I don't think you ever told me why you chose that name," said Bright Eyes.

"I don't think you ever asked," Jenny said back.

"Well we were pretty busy at the time."

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Those ghost vikings put up quite a fight."

"I still have the scar on my rump from that spear!"

"As do I."

They shared another long laugh.

"So why did you pick that for a last name?" Bright Eyes asked. "It doesn't even sound English."

"That's because it isn't English, Muffin Head," Jenny replied. "It's Latin. It means doctor."

"Oh! I see what you did there!"

Jenny chuckled. "Yeah. I figured that's the best name change I could do to link myself with my dad. It's not like I know his real name or anything."

"I wonder what it is. Do you think he'll ever tell someone?"

"River knows."

"She does?!"

"Yep. She told me about it. Didn't tell me what it was or how she got him to tell her."

"She must have done something really important."

"Yep."

"Do you want to know his real name?"

"It would be nice to know my dad's real name; but I'll admit that, most of the time, I think some things are better off being kept secrets."

Bright Eyes looked at the letter again. "Like why River never simply takes us to the Doctor with her vortex manipulator?"

"We've been over this before, Bright Eyes. River's said that we'll find who we're looking for at the right time."

"But when that happens is what bothers me."

Suddenly, the spaceship's radio roared to life with loud static emanating from the speakers.

"What the hay is going on?!" asked Bright Eyes as she covered her ears.

"I don't know!" Jenny replied as she examined the radio. "I think...I think somebody's trying to call us!" Jenny listened to the static carefully. "This doesn't sound like ordinary static. It sounds like somebody's trying to reach out to us from beyond this universe!"

Bright Eyes's eyes opened wide. "Are you serious?!"

"I'm at least fifty-three percent sure!" Jenny began to work with the radio's settings. "Let's try to make some contact." Jenny messed with the controls for a couple minutes until it finally started to clear up.

Just then, a female voice began to echo from the radio. "Hello? Hello? This is Oswin Oswald. Hello?" the voice called.

"Ah! Hello! Finally made some contact! Excellent!" Jenny exclaimed. "Oswin Oswald, was it?"

"Yes! Who are you?"

"I'm Jenny Medicus!" Static roared on the radio. "Damn! This connection's bad! We don't have a lot of time!"

"Who are you?! What do you want?!"

"Hi! We're looking for the Doctor!" Bright Eyes stated as she butted into the conversation.

"The Doctor?!" asked two new female voices and a male voice in the background.

"Wait a second," said Oswin Oswald. The sound of fingers snapping echoed through the radio. "Derpy?! Is that you?!"

"No. My name's Bright Eyes," Bright Eyes replied. Bright Eyes and Jenny then looked at each other. "Wait." Bright Eyes leaned in closer to the radio. "How do you know Derpy?! Where's the Doctor?! We need to find the Doctor!"

Jenny noticed that some of the information on the spaceship's screens was acting up. "I think I'm getting something!" she exclaimed. She then looked ahead through the window and froze. "Wait a moment...what is that?!"

Bright Eyes looked through the window as well to see a massive dimensional rift right in front of them. "It's a dimensional rift!" Bright Eyes cried as the Doctor Donna Jones flew towards the tear in reality. "Hold on, Jenny!"

"What the hell is going on?!" asked Oswin Oswald.

"Oswin! Look out!" screamed one of the female voices in the background.

The connection cut off there as the Doctor Donna Jones flew straight into the rift.

Jenny and Bright Eyes held on for dear life as the ship was flung around like a toy in a backpack. They turned to each other. Jenny grabbed Bright Eyes's forehooves and held them tightly. They closed their eyes and focused on who they wanted to find as they waited for the violent ride to end.

Clockwork. Colgate. Matilda. Daring Do. Doctor. Clockwork. Colgate. Matilda. Daring Do. Doctor, Bright Eyes thought.

Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Doctor, thought Jenny as the sound of a sonic device reached her ears.