• Published 27th May 2012
  • 6,711 Views, 269 Comments

Scootaloo's Dreams - Broneyofnoel



Scootaloo recaps on her life, right up to the moment she is about to live her dream

  • ...
19
 269
 6,711

Ch. 9 Confessions

“Go ahead Scootaloo.” Fluttershy urged kindly.

I took a deep breath, I could just imagine Music playing in my head as I started to tell the story.

“Well, when I was born 8 and a half years ago, my mom died giving birth to me, and my dad just left me at the hospital. I tried to research him a couple of years ago, but I couldn’t find him.” I paused for a moment, “Not long after I was born, a caretaker from a Manehattan orphanage, named Ms. Sunshine, came and picked me up and took me to the orphanage.”

“Scootaloo, I didn’t know that....you were an orphan.” Fluttershy squeaked, and then hugged me.

I was glad that she cared; I knew she would, but I was still glad that she did.

“Ms. Sunshine cared for me almost personally for almost six years, but one day she didn’t come back, the other caretaker, Ms. Gluck, said that her disease, I can’t remember what it was, went terminal.” I said sadly, I loved Ms. Sunshine

“When I was really young, maybe a couple years after I’d been born, I became friends with a little colt named Star, he was my best friend, black mane, brown coat, blue eyes, those deep blue eyes.” I paused, “Him and I, when we were about six and a half decided to run away from the orphanage, we hatched an amazing plan, or so we thought.”

“What was it?” Fluttershy took a sip of her tea.

“We kept a window on the second floor of the orphanage, and below it was an old couch, we had planned to jump down but then Miss Gluck heard of our plan, we had to do a last resort plan, the two of us jumped off of the seven story building.”

Fluttershy gasped a bit.

“I jumped off of the roof perfectly, but Star missed the jump and he started to fall, I grabbed his hoof and we crashed through a window on the sixth floor of the neighboring building.” I took a drink of my tea, “We held each other tight as we fell, and then we just ran out of the city, we were heading towards the train station.”

“We got to the train station, and he bought two tickets, he made up a story about a mom, something neither of us had, and he took a train to Canterlot. I’ll have some trouble telling the next part.” I paused; this is where Star....where Star died.

Fluttershy pulled me over beside her and hugged me, I continued.

“The police were waiting at the station, so we had to jump from the train, I jumped second, and he’s the reason why I’m alive, I landed in the field and rolled. When I looked around, I saw him lying in the field. I ran over to him and I found his dead body, he’d hit a rock when he landed.” Tears were streaming from my eyes now; I didn’t want to remember my friend like that.

“Scootaloo.....” Fluttershy let a tear or two fall from her own eyes.

“I ran from him, I just ran, I didn’t stop until I made it here, I only planned to stay a couple of days, but that was before I met Sweetie belle, she and rarity were so nice, and I was being fed, it was amazing, I couldn’t just leave them.” I said, it was the truth.

“I was living in that cart that was on the dirt path I showed you, I lived there until the CMC got the clubhouse form Applejack, I’ve been living there ever since.” I neared the ending of my story.

“I’ve been coming here and watching Rainbow Dash practice her flying for enjoyment, I just...I just felt like you were my family.” I choked out the last words, I was telling the truth, I felt like Fluttershy was my mom, I wanted that to be true, but I knew it never would be.

“Oh Scootaloo.” Fluttershy hugged me tight.

After a few moments of silence, I looked up at her, she had her eyes closed, but she was smiling slightly,

“What happens now?” I asked, I knew what would happen, she’d take me back to the orphanage and I’d never see anypony from here again.

“I’m going to go and talk to Applejack and Rainbow Dash; we’ll decide what to do.” Fluttershy said calmly, “Don’t worry, nothing bad will happen, so you just sit here and watch Angel for me please.” Angel’s ears perked up a bit at that.

“Okay...I will.” I said sadly.

“Promise?” Fluttershy asked.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” I said, she giggled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy walked to the orchards, she looked around, wondering what to do, should she keep Scootaloo, or take her back to the orphanage, she didn’t know, It was nice that the little filly loved her and considered her family, but she wasn’t sure if she could raise a little filly on her own.

“Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked, “Where’s Scoots?”

“She’s back at my cottage, but I need to talk to you and Applejack.” Fluttershy said quietly.

“Ah’m here.” Applejack said as she walked out from behind the barn.

“Okay, Scootaloo has been living here on her own for almost two years...” The two mares’ jaws dropped, “She said she ran away from an orphanage when she was six and she hates that place. But she also said she considers me a mom, what should I do?” Fluttershy ended with desperation.

“Take her back to the orphanage where she belongs.” Applejack said solemnly.

“It’s what’s best fro her, I know she’s my number one fan and all, but I think she should go back, she can be cared for there.” Rainbow said sadly.

Fluttershy had her mind fully made up, even if a pony didn’t like it, she knew what she had to do. She slowly walked back to her cottage, debating on how to break the news to Scootaloo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------