• Published 27th May 2012
  • 6,683 Views, 269 Comments

Scootaloo's Dreams - Broneyofnoel



Scootaloo recaps on her life, right up to the moment she is about to live her dream

  • ...
19
 269
 6,683

Ch. 13 One Big Happy Family(Part III)

I woke up to a soft giggling, which wasn’t unusual in the six weeks I’d been living with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash had been staying over here helping Fluttershy raise me.

I rose from my bed, moved the Wonderbolts blanket Rainbow had gotten me and hopped down to the floor. I felt my legs pop as I walked down the stairs and stretched my wings.

I walked into the living room, but nopony was there, so I decided to walk on over to Fluttershy’s room. I opened the door to find Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy nuzzling each other, so I did the one thing that came to my mind,

“Eeewww!” I shouted and closed the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy looked up to see the door slam as Scootaloo ran away from them, as they looked into each other’s eyes.

“We were only nuzzling.” Rainbow said simply.

“Maybe we should tell her?” Fluttershy questioned, waiting for Rainbow’s approval.

“Yeah...We probably should just tell her, but she probably pieced it together just now.” Rainbow giggled, Fluttershy blushed.

“Alright, let’s go have a talk...” Fluttershy paused, “A family talk.”

“Yep...” Rainbow said, an awkward silence fell upon the two.

“C’mon!” Rainbow jumped off of Fluttershy’s bed and flew past the door, which flew open itself as she went by.

“Okay...” Fluttershy smiled and followed Rainbow up to Scootaloo’s room.

As the two approached the door, they could hear heavy breathing coming from Scootaloo’s room; they slowly opened the door to reveal Scootaloo breathing heavily under a blanket.

“Scootaloo?” Fluttershy said lightly, she didn’t respond.

“I got it Fluttershy.” Rainbow whispered, she then turned back to the bed, “DOGPILE!”

With Rainbow’s declaration, she flapped her wings and shot her self onto the curled up blanket on Scootaloo’s bed. Rainbow wrestled with the giggling little filly until she was taken out from under the blanket.

“Got’cha!” Rainbow tickled Scootaloo.

Fluttershy flew up onto the bed and sat by the pair of rough housing ponies. She took a deep breath and started,

“Scootaloo, we need to talk.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My face flushed,

“So you and Rainbow were nuzzling, cool.” I tried to avoid the conversation, but the two mares weren’t having any of that.

“Well, you know that she’s been coming over for a while now, and she’s been helping raise you...” Fluttershy was trailing on and on.

“Call me a second mom.” Rainbow said happily, Fluttershy blushed.

Having two parents? And one being Rainbow Dash!?!? This was awesome! I mean, I expected it when I saw them this morning, but this was awesome!

“Yay!” I hugged the two of them.

They paused for a moment, but they hugged me back, it was the best hug I’d ever gotten, having two parents, even if they were only dating, was awesome!

“Hey Scoots!” Rainbow said.

“Yeah?”

“What would ya say if I taught you how to fly?” Rainbow smirked.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” I was silenced by a cyan hoof in my mouth.

“I get it, c’mon, let’s go!” Rainbow pulled Fluttershy and I out of the bed and down the hall.

Rainbow Dash pulled the two of us downstairs and out of the cottage.

“Where are we going?” I asked as Fluttershy gained control of her own flight ability.

“My house!” Rainbow said excitedly.

Rainbow Dash was holding onto me as we rocketed towards her house, Fluttershy was trying to keep speed with us, but her being....well, her meant that she slowly fell back behind us.

I could see a large cloud home getting closer to us, it had a Rainbow waterfall, and it had some columns, was that her house?

She started to slow down as we arrived at the floating home; she touched down and dropped me onto the soft clouds below. I bounced onto my hooves as some of the clouds broke my fall.


“How do you like walking on clouds?” Rainbow asked.

“It’s...” I stumbled, “Different.”

“Ha, you’ll get used to it, trust Me.” she smiled.

Fluttershy flew down and landed on the clouds, she looked at me,

“First time on clouds?”

“Yeah.” I blushed.

“You’ll get used to it, trust me.” Rainbow said, smiling.

“Alright.” I wasn't sure how to respond to that.

Rainbow and I walked to the edge of the cloud, before I could do anything; she knocked me off with a bump of her foreleg. I started to fall off of the cloud when I heard Rainbow call out after me,

“Flap your wings and you won’t die!”

As much as her choice of words scared me, they were true, I flapped my wings, but I didn’t get much lift, I hoped that she could see that.

I saw her shoot off of the cloud she was perched on, she flew straight towards me a grabbed me from my fall. I looked up at her as she flew off with me.

“Right, start slower.” she almost joked, but maintained her serious face.

“Yeah....” I felt so embarrassed.

“Don’t worry scoots, you’ll get the hang of it soon enough, we just gotta start slow...” Rainbow dropped me off back at her house.

“Are you alright?” Fluttershy asked as she neared me.

“Yeah, we just have to start slower, and closer to the ground.”

The rest of Rainbow’s practice session went by quickly with Fluttershy and I flying along the ground, I could really only buzz my wings, so she was doing most of the flying while Rainbow flew above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, I apologize for the last two chapters, I realize that they’ve been super short, and super shitty, but what comes next will make it up to you, and I’ll have them out quick.

The next chapter should be between 2,000 and 5,000 words and should be out by the 27th, no spoilers on its content yet.

Chapter 15 should be out by the 31st; it shall have between 2,000 and 3,000 words and be out by the 31st.

I blame writer’s block on the last two chapters; I hope that you’ll like the sequel....whoops, SPOILER!