• Member Since 3rd Feb, 2012
  • offline last seen May 3rd, 2018

The Grey Pegasus


Pony stuff author since 2012. Writes supposedly good stuff. Still haven't made a break. Still persistent. Probably highly unlucky. Or hated by the universe. Either determined or insane. Or both.

E

An alicorn can fly, fly so very high, high above the sky.

Celestia recalls the evolution of her love of flying.
---
A twist on the “Celestia’s millennium of lament” story. This one includes hypersonic velocities (although if you read the title, it was probably obvious).

---
The third story in the Flight: Altitude series, a series focused on the sensual experience of flying high.
30,000 Feet || Stratosphere

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 7 )

After all these years, I've turned into Admiral Tigerclaw. Except my physics probably needs more work.

[Reserved for more fun note stuff.]

First of all, after reading this I have to say that it was better than I expected. I still prefer Luna as the space princess, but hey it's your story.
Second, If you are looking for some helpful advise I would say that while the writing was grammatically excellent (probably better than mine, that's why I've got a sister to help me), it was a little hard to read and should have been broken up into multiple segments. 17,000 words is a little too much for one chapter, especially with so much technical lingo in it. My sister and I are huge nerds so we get the science stuff, however most people are going to lose interest pretty fast. I've read Twilight's World, and that's also pretty technical, however grouchopony keeps his chapters down to about 13,000 words at the absolute most. Plus bite sized chunks means, if you post them slowly, more people will likely see your story every time you update it.
Third, apoapsis, seriously? I just learned a new word today... tonight... wait it's 1:30 in the morning. Does that still count?
Fourth, I have to say while I was reading your story I couldn't stop thinking about this picture and laughing.
http://s.mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-331298-1-tumblr_ljtkagbt9t1qj4uijo1_500.png
Finally, (I got this from your description of yourself so please forgive me if I've misunderstood) don't lose sight of what's really important. My sister and I aren't famous or anything on this site either. However we write stories because we like to write, we like to read what we've written, and we love reading other peoples' stories. Rarity would probably say, "Darling, you are sharing your stories with the world without looking for applause." If people like your story and praise you that's just icing on an already delicious cake.
Burnt ozone... ha-ha-ha. Keep up the writing and Brony on my friend.

6284907
Well it's 2:30 in the morning here and I'm still working on reformatting the story because it failed moderation for being too italicized (insert irony).

It's actually only 15k words. I asked around, and opinion was that it's about the upper acceptable limit for one-shots, so I compressed it all into one to keep with the series theme.

Oh, and as for Celestia going to space, if I remember correctly it's actually been stated in supplementary material that she loves flying and is skilled at it, so if anyone has the potential to get up there (within the physics+magic mechanics interaction of this slightly-AU), it's her.

Awesome story bro. :pinkiehappy:

Your flow was fantastic. Using the lighter text for the flashbacks / ruminations was excellent. It marked the transition without any jarring visual effects.

You had me hooked by the third line. That's talent - wish I could do the same. :derpytongue2:

Keep on writing! And I'll keep reading it. :twilightsmile:

6291594
All the lighter text used to be completely italicized.

Then Meeester rejected the story for doing that.

I guess it all turned out for the better, until he approved it at 2 AM.

This was really good. The flashbacks and world-building they provided made this story unique and very intriguing. That Luna was an inspiration even in her banishment is something I haven't seen before (outside of the concept of thestrals). I was listening to this song and it seemed to fit perfectly:

The flashback to the night of the return of Luna started right as the break at 2:40 did and that struck me right in the feels.


So, to you I say, kudos.

Login or register to comment