• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 332 Views, 4 Comments

Adventures in babysitting - The_Texan_Writer



Blaise has experience dealing with energy loaded kids, he never let a kid miss their bed-time, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. if you needed a pony to watch the kids, Blaise was the stallion, but he faces his biggest challenge, the cutie mark crusaders.

  • ...
7
 4
 332

war stories

Applejack paced back and forth.

"i swear to the high heavens, if that darn stallion left me er' i'm gonna show him the bottoms of my hooves!"

"Well Applejack, you could at least buy me dinner." Blaise said, causing the earth pony to jump at his sudden appearance.

"Thank gosh almighty, you're er'!" She said, handing him a list and hugging him.

"Er'ything they need is on that there list, i sure do appreciate ya doing this Blaise." She said, she began to pull out some bits to pay him with, but he raised a hoof.

"Please Applejack, we're friends, you don't gotta pay me." She hugged him again.

"You're a darn right good friend Blaise." He smiled as he hugged back.

"Well, instead of paying me, you could let me take you out on a date." Applejack blushed just a tiny bit, the thought of the stallion liking her tickled her pink, but now wasn't the time for romance.

"Just make sure they don't eat too much candy, oh, and get those goofballs in bed by 10:00!" She shouted as she trotted down the road. Blaise walked in the house and was greeted by a bucket of confetti to the face.

"Got ya!" Applebloom yelled as she dropped the bucket and joined her fellow cutie mark crusaders in a line in front of blaise.

"Ah, its you little rascals, Applebloom good to see ya again, but....... i don't think i've met your friends yet." Blaise said, extending his wings to shake the shredded paper off.

"Well i'm scootaloo, future daredevil extraordinaire!" The young pegasus said, extending her stubby wings and doing a half-hearted backflip.

"And i'm sweetie Belle, with a voice like an angel." She said, tossing some of her hair back, she didn't have a lot of hair to start, but what she did have, she showed off.

"Well, i'm Blaise." He said, Scootaloo's eyes widened and she smiled.

"Wait, are you "the blaise"? The one who save five pegasi from a rogue thunderstorm?!" She asked. Blaise pulled out his goggles in the shape of a flame.

"Yes i am, and it was more like three, honestly that story got hyped up." He told them the story from his point of view. the lightning, thunder, rain, it was all hitting him pretty hard but he never quit.

"Wow! Have you ever served in the equestrian army?" Applebloom asked him. It was a popular rumor that Blaise had been a captain in the army.

"Yes i did, even got a song from the service." He responded, Sweetie Belle clopped her front hooves together.

"Oooooh, Blaise, you must sing it for us!" She said, blaise thought to himself for a second and got a guitar that was lying in the corner.

He started to play it at an upbeat country tune, and then he sang:

Well i took my men on down the river yonder,

We caught the evil changelings and when i started to say fire,

Old red walked to me and said "We can catch em off guard,

if we held our fire, let them gain a couple a yards"

So we held our fire until we saw their right flank,

Then we started to fire and broke right through their ranks,

And the changelings learned a painful lesson that day,

Nopony can break the 136th air brigade!

They stomped and cheered.

"Tell us a war story Blaise!" They all spoke in agreement, wanting to hear tales of bravery and honor.

"Ok, i got one for ya, i've never told anypony this, so you're the first ones to hear this." They smiled at hearing this, glad that he was trusting them with a story nopony else except maybe his commanding officer knew.

"So one morning at morning call, everypony was there, except my friend private greenhorn. We all went looking for him and ya know what he was doing?" They shook their heads and Blaise smiled.

"Well Greenhorn was a full grown stallion, and we caught him sleeping in the barracks sleeping, hugging a little teddy bear to him." They laughed a bit.