• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 622 Views, 5 Comments

We Will Prevail - Eventhorizon



The Human Race is on the brink of extinction by the conversion, many have given up while other have given themselves cybernetic enhancements that stops the conversion, but one group of humans and ponies, aim for the stars

  • ...
5
 5
 622

Rising Hope

Author's Note:

This is my second story please give constructive criticism when commenting, Thank you for reading. Any Help with spelling is appreciated.

Trixie trudged through the mud, her head bent down low, from exhaustion, low morale, and injury. Trixie had a large saddle bag on her back that contained the only hope for humanity. Trixie suddenly heard a loud boom in front of her, looking up she saw explosions ripping through the air. Trixie Felt fear when she saw a huge flying machine fly over the explosions and hover for a second then abruptly turned to the left. Trixie suddenly saw several dozen Pegasi take to the air chasing the aircraft, some of them fruitlessly throwing small pink items at the machine, which Trixie knew to be potions.

Trixie then heard a loud shout behind her. Quickly turning she saw a small contingent of ponies, in their dirty, golden armor. The pony who shouted, an Earth Pony, suddenly shouted again over the explosions," Who are you and what are doing on the front lines!?"

Trixie bit her lips as she contemplated what to do. Finally instead of responding Trixie launched several firework spells, her specialty, at the royal guards. One of the Unicorns among them brought up a shield and while all the Ponies started to shout and charge forward.

Trixie, immediately after launching the spell, turned tail and ran for the still glowing explosion that in her mind was safety. Running she started to hear the cracking of human weapons and the occasional boom of some explosion, cresting over a small hill Trixie saw a large field sprawling in front of her. She stopped for a moment and took in the sight of a huge golden armored army of Ponies charging forward into the fire of Human weapons, she saw whole lines of Ponies collapse as the Human weapons tore into the Pony lines. Up further into the field, where the Human defenses were set up, Trixie could see the flashes of hundreds of Human weapons going off.

Trixie heard shouts behind as the royal guard was beginning to catch up to her. Not even glancing back Trixie began to run again toward the dying Pony army, Trixie watched as hundreds of Ponies died from the Human weapons She actually didn’t know what she would do when she got to the kill zone other then run for the Human line, that she knew if she could get there would be her and Humanity’s salvation.

Trixie continued running forward into the crowd of gold armor ignoring the occasional shout as Ponies around her tried to stop her, but fortunately for Trixie the deaths, sounds and cries of pain distracted almost all of the Ponies in front of her and she was allowed to run forward while the soldiers continued their steady march. Almost all of Ponies, a few hearing the shouts for her to stop, stopped looked around and saw her. Unable to really maneuver in the tight space of all the other Ponies, Trixie started to charge a teleportation spell. She teleported forward, ahead of all of the Ponies marching toward their death.

Trixie felt exhausted by now, barely keeping herself running, the only thing she could do was start yelling out the phrase that would indicate that she’s friendly. “Im amicus!”

But over the noise and explosion her yells where drowned out. Trixie though kept yelling the pass phrase, hoping beyond hope that some Human would hear her and get the others to not kill her. Trixie’s prayers were answered it seems, because she was never hit. She soon reached the Human where, to greet her, was several Human soldiers, all of them had their weapons aimed at Trixie who was still yelling out the pass phrase despite being away from the kill zone.

By now Trixie began to realize that tears, snot and blood were running down her face. After a few moments of Trixie yelling the pass phrase, a Human came up and said, “What is your name and reason for jeopardizing all of your fellow Pony rebels?”

Trixie, having finally calmed down, stared at the Human, who instead of wearing the strange Human body armor just wore a camouflaged jacket and pants. He had a helmet on that had three stars on it, and had a small weapon in his hand. The Human seemed to get annoyed and asked again,” What is your name and reason for jeopardizing all of the other Pony rebels?”

Finally Trixie answered, “I have the results of project Phoenix.”

The Human seemed shocked, then turned to Human next to him and said, “Lieutenant, get a helicopter here now, along with all the other helicopters to escort this Pony to command.”

The lieutenants eyes seemed to grow big, turning to the other human saying, “But sir, that would take away all of our air defense and the Pegasi would be able to get through our line!”

The other Human turned to the lieutenant saying, “I know but we must protect this Pony at all costs.”

The lieutenant, shocked, looked at Trixie who was watching this exchange, then turned back to the other human nodded and began to speak into a small device of some kind.
The previous Human turned back Trixie who stayed silent during that entire exchange, The man then said, “here follow me,” turning he began to walk away all the other humans going back to whatever duties that had previously. Trixie rushed forward to catch up with the Human, who began to speak again, “My name is General Longston. I will be straight up honest with you and tell you that without those helicopters we will probably be wiped out within a few hours, but you or should I say the package you have are many times for important than any soldier here.”

Trixie gulped and shifted uncomfortable with that statement, then said, “I wouldn’t say that and before you think that only Humans will suffer well over a hundred Ponies died getting the package here.”

General Longston looked sideways at Trixie, seemingly surprised and was about to reply when one of the large flying machines suddenly swooped down, landing in front of the two of them. The General stopped and ducking a little to avoid the rapidly spinning blade above the machine walked forward and pulled a side door open, sliding it out of the way. Inside, Trixie saw two Human soldiers waiting one of them hopped out gesturing for Trixie to come forward. Ducking down a little, despite being plenty small to avoid the spinning blades, Trixie walked forward towards the supposed helicopter.

Trixie was soon inside the helicopter, one of the humans fitting some type of earmuffs into her head while the other human hopped back inside and was sliding the door closed again. Trixie looked back out to only see General Longston walking away. As soon as the door was closed again the helicopter jerked and flew off.

Trixie was dazed with all of these events passing by to fast in her opinion, but soon she began to register the voices that seemed to come from the earmuffs. A voice soon rose over all the chatter, Trixie quickly recognized the voice belonging to General Longston, “Today I have just discovered that Humanity’s salvation has come, today we must hold this line until the last man, until our salvation can get away. Today, we must die for loved ones both poniyfied and still human, today we will show those Ponies what it means to be Human. WE ARE STILL HERE AND WE WILL BRING THE PONIES HELL!”

The General yelled the last part, Trixie felt shocked. These humans will die if they stay here or worse, be converted. She may have been rude in her past but that didn’t mean she wanted for anypony to die. She looked out the small window of the helicopter and saw the human battle line holding, thousands of Ponies coming over the small hill and pegasi beginning to attack the Humans on the ground as the flying machines left the battle to escort her.

Trixie felt a deep sadness as she realized that those staying behind will die. But she felt this when all those Ponies who made Phoenix, and all of this a reality, died. Trixie bit her lower lip, and tried but failed not to let the tears start to flow.
The helicopter ride was one of silence after the, the only sounds being the droning of the helicopter and the occasional voices, to faint to hear, coming on. The ride went on for a few hours when finally one of the Humans inside the helicopter speaking through the earmuff things said, “Okay we are going to set down in a few moments at command. Once we land the door will come open and you are to remove the headphones and depart immediately. Got that?”

Trixie nodded silently, and within seconds a jolt went throughout the helicopter as it suddenly dropped. Trixie reached out with a hoof and gripped a side bar tightly in slight fear, but the helicopter didn’t crash though it continued to jolt downwards. Finally the helicopter set down and one of the Humans inside slid the door open and turned to Trixie to help get the supposed earphones off. As soon as they were off Trixie jumped out, as soon as she was out she immediately saw several dozen Humans a few Ponies standing a little ways away. Trixie began to walk towards the group who waited patiently for her to come to them, behind her the helicopter took off, the wind pushing Trixie a little forward. Immediately the Humans and Ponies began to approach, Trixie immediately identified one of the ponies, leader of the rebellion and founder project Phoenix was Lyra Heartstrings.

Lyra approached Trixie, she smiled then said, "I'm glad that you made it here."

Trixie nodded then flipping her hair she was about to go on how she is the 'great and powerful Trixie' but she stopped and simply said, "Well over a hundred Ponies died to get me here."

Lyra, shocked, looked down and said, "It is a shame that so many Ponies had to die to get this here, but their sacrifices will not be in vain."

Trixie nodded still in shock from all the death around that has happened. One of Humans came up and said, "Hello Trixie Lulamoon, my name is Commander Stills, and this is my staff." He gestured around himself at all the other Humans then continued, "we are here to see the results of Project Phoenix."

Trixie nodded once again replying, "of course, the potion works, we tested it in Equestria, and is ready to be put to use."

Trixie opened her saddle bag, and pulled out varies papers, floating them over to the commander. Finally after pulling out all of the papers, Trixie pulled out the crown jewel of the contents of her bag. A Potion. This potion was a bright neon orange color with little sparkling orange particles floating inside the potion bottle. The Commander immediately handed all of the papers to a women next to him and took hold of the potion which he examined closely.

Everyone's eyes was on the potion, when the commander suddenly said, "We need to test this, as soon as we can."

It was at this moment that Trixie stepped forward and said, "I will volunteer."

Lyra looked sharply at Trixie, while the Commander looked pleasantly surprised. He said, "Really, and why would you want to volunteer?"

Trixie looked the Commander in the eye and responded, "I have seen Ponykind kill thousands of humans, convert millions more, while also slaughter hundreds of Ponies simply for speaking out against the conversion. I have lost all hope in Celestia, and plus when this potion starts to be massed produced, there will be no room for Ponykind in the new world that will emerge."

The commander nodded slowly then turned away saying, "Very well, follow miss Heartstrings to one of the labs and you will be converted there. If the potion works then we will begin to mass produce them and prepare to bring down the barrier."

He handed the potion to one of his aids then walked away. Lyra then started, "What are you doing!?"

Trixie looked down, thinking, then finally said, "In my travels around Equestria helping the rebels, and Phoenix, I came to the realization that Ponykind and Humanity simply wont have enough room and with the conversion being able to be used as weapons, we will have to chose which side to be on. A drooling newfoal that can't do anything beside praise Celestia all day or a thinking, functioning human."

Lyra seemed about to respond but suddenly stopped, shook her head, turned and started to walk away. Trixie started to follow by now all the Humans and Ponies already scattered and heading for the briefing room or lab.

Comments ( 5 )

Great job keep up the good work

"With nearly three-thirds..."

As in the entirety of humanity? 3/3=1

6254908 dang it, I was sure that was three fourths. Thanks for the catch.

Keep up the great work and I would send this to either Humans are Superior or Humans are Magnificent

This is good 8/10

Login or register to comment