• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 693 Views, 89 Comments

Ponyville confessions - Lunaexcelsior



This is Angelo. Angelo works as a bartender in a five star restaurant, the Hay Palace. There some of Ponyville’s biggest celebrities come in to have a drink. Sometimes they share stories and even secrets.

  • ...
2
 89
 693

Vinyl Scratch

So I’m sitting there, tending bar, when in comes one of my, stranger customers, Vinyl Scratch.

Now, Vinyl is an interesting mare to say the least. She is usually very quiet and wrapped up in her own world blasting that hip hoppity music.

So, she sits down and does a thing that I had ever seen her do, take off her headphones. I was quite surprised by this.

“So, umm, Ms. Scratch”, I said.

“Please call me Vinyl”, she said with a sigh.

“Okay, Vinyl”, I correct myself, “Why did you take off your headphones? I mean I have seen you walking into this bar so many times and you never took off your headphones, even when you ordered!” I said in surprise.

“Yeah, well, I need somepony to listen to my troubles. And you seemed to have a special talent for that”, she said.

“Really?” I said and rolled my eyes “What ever gave you that idea?”

“Your reputation dude, duh”, she said and rolled her eyes.

I facehoofed.

“I was being sarcastic”, I said under my breath.

“Whatever”, she said.

“Well, don’t yo have your roommate?” I asked.

“Actually”, Vinyl said and rubbed the back of her mane, awkwardly, “she is kind of the part of the problem”.

“I see”, I said and rubbed my chin, “Well what will you have to drink?”

“Do I have to order something to drink?” she cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah”, I said and shrugged, “It won’t work in any other way”.

“Fine”, she sighed in irritation, “I’ll take a zap apple special”.

“One zappletini coming right up”, I said and mixed her drink.

I poured it in for her.

“So what’s your grievance with Ms. Melody?” I asked her.

“Well, it’s not so much about her, but more about her”, she coughed, “ annoying partner!”

“Who? Iron Will?” I asked.

“No, Big Mac”, she said sarcastically.

“Really? She started dating that bloak now?” I said, pretending to be dumb.

She facehoofed.

“Yes, it is about Iron Will!”, she yelled.

“Alright, alright, no need to get your haystack in a twist”, I said, chuckling slightly under my breath, “So what did the big bloak do to ya?”

“He has become a regular nuisance in my life”, she said, “I mean, I am happy that Tavi found somepo- -, I mean some creature”, she corrected herself, “But his attitude is extremely annoying”.

I cocked an eyebrow at her.

“Yes”, she said in surprise, “I can find a certain type of attitude annoying. And this guy has abundance of it!”

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“Well, first off, he is way too loud”, Vinyl started, “I mean he is so loud that I can hear every, single, solitary, inflexion in his voice every time he opens his mouth. And then you have his attitude, which is more in your face than the freaking explosive boombass”, she yelled and gulped her drink.

“Ouch”, I said awkwardly.

“I mean, while Tavi is there, it’s all fine and dandy”, she said, “She seems to have some sort of a power over him. I don’t know and I don’t question it”, she said and shrugged her shoulders, “but the second she is out, he becomes unbearable!”

“How can he be in your house without Tavi?” I asked confusedly.

“Well”, Vinyl sighed, “He spends some time there. Usually when I work long shifts, he spends nights in our house and then I have to deal with him in the morning. Which is just what I need after a loud rave. A loud and obnoxious twit!” she sighed and downed the rest of her drink.

“Sounds pretty horrible”, I said to her, “but it could be worse. He could be moving in”.

Vinyl thought for a second and shrugged her shoulders.

“I guess you’re right”, she gave a sigh of relief and paid me for the drink.

Now, you’re probably wondering what happened to Vinyl after that. Well, last I heard, Iron Will did move in, but he sure wasn’t loud as before.

Like I said earlier, Octavia really had him under her hoof very tightly.

But that’s a story for another day.

You see a lot of weird things as a bartender. You see a lot of weird things at the Hay Palace. So, I see a lot of weird things as a bartender at the Hay Palace. And that’s no lie. Swear on me mum.