• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 2,128 Views, 166 Comments

Such A New Place - ILIKEBOOKS



When a young orphaned dragon has to move from her home, little did she know that she would go on a life changing adventure.

  • ...
10
 166
 2,128

Chapter 3 Getting Settled In

"Geronimo!" Scootaloo yelled before diving into the water. She resurfaced and laughed at her arriving friends. "Looks like I made it first!" Apple Bloom stopped in front of the water and stood still to catch her breath.

"Ya only made it first cause ya got that scooter," Apple Bloom blew a raspberry.

"You take that back!"

"I ain't got-agh!" She was pushed into the water by Spike, he laughed as she fell in. Apple Bloom spit the water out if her mouth and glared at Spike.

"Cannonball!" Spike yelled before he jumped into the water, completely soaking the fillies.

Sweetie Belle and Dim Sum arrived by walking. Sweetie rolled her eyes at her friends antics. "Having fun you three?" She asked.

"We sure are, hop in the water's just fine" Scootaloo dived under.

"Come on Dim Sum, it's fun!" Spike called. Dim Sum shifted where she stood.

"I don't know."

"Come on!"

"Okay then," she used flapped her wings and lowered herself in the water.

"That's the spirit, yer turn Sweetie Belle" Apple Bloom said.

"I'm coming, just don't splash me I don't want to get my mane wet" she slowly walked in.

"Heh, no promises" in one quick arm movement Spike splashed water at Scootaloo. Scootaloo closed her eyes and splashed back.

"You jerk!" Scootaloo said while splashing back at him. Apple Bloom joined in the water fight. Sweetie Belle distanced herself for the splashing. Dim Sum smiled and used her tail to make waves. The group started laughing.

"You girls are crazy," Spike said as he floated on his back.

"You're one to talk" Scootaloo said.

"Nah, your worse" Spike shot back.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." They swam closer to each other and bumped muzzles, before they smiled and started giggling. "I can't take you seriously Scootaloo."

"Whatever, so Dim Sum?" Scootaloo began.

"Yes?"

"How old are you?" Scootaloo asked.

"Umm, twelve" Dim Sum said shyly.

"Twelve?, Apple Bloom looks like I got you a new best friend."

"Oh ha ha," Apple Bloom said sarcastically. "You're only a few months older, and besides Spike is older than all of us."

"I am older aren't I?" Spike said.

"Don't let get to your head, your still not cooler than I am,"

"I thought Rainbow was the coolest?" Sweetie Belle said with a smug grin. Scootaloo's cheeks went red.

"You know what I mean!"

"So, where are you from Dim Sum?" Sweetiebelle asked.

"I'm from a small village in Haysia," Sweetie Belle eyes widened.

"Really? Haysia, that's like on the other side of the world!" Sweetie Belle grinned. "The food's amazing too" Dim Sum smiled.

"You like Haysian food?" she asked. Sweetie nodded. "Great I'm a awesome cook"

"I suck at cooking,"

"Maybe sometime I could teach you,"

"I'd like that"


Spike and Dim Sum walked away from the pond as the fillies took off. Spike smiled as he stared at Dim Sum. "So, do you like this town so far?" Spike asked. Dim Sum nodded. "Yeah those fillies are great," Spike chuckled. "They are one heck of a time."

"Where are we walking now?" Dim Sum asked.

"Home," he pointed at the large castle. The castle was giant and looked to Dim Sum as if the entire thing was made out of crystal. He kept walking and bumped into a filly. Spike fell on top of her.

"Watch it, you overgrown lizard!" A pink filly said quite rudely. She stood up.

"Sorry Diamond," Spike brushed himself off.

"Yeah you better be," Diamond Tiara spat out, she turned towards Dim Sum. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?"

"She is not my girlfriend."

"Of course she is you're a stupid dragon, she's a stupid dragon."

"She is not stupid!" Spike said with a scowl. Dim Sum started tearing up and she ran away. "Dim Sum!," Spike called out to her but she didn't stop. "You really are a jerk, and here I thought you had speck of nice in you, it looks like I was wrong," Spike ran off after her. "Dim Sum!" Spike ran as fast as he could but Dim Sum had an advantage, her wings. Spike lost sight of her and slowed down. He put his hand on his knees and gasped for air. "Oh, where is she?"


Dim Sum flew in the air, her tears were stinging in her eyes. She landed on the ground and sat down on the grass. She sniffled and wiped her eyes. I thought things would be different here she raised her tail and hugged it. She sat there and stared at the clouds. "If I was like other dragons I could fly away, and go anywhere I'd like."

"You're not like other dragons," Spike said as he sat down next to her.

"I wish I was," Dim Sum wiped her eyes. Spike put his hand on her hand.

"No you don't. You don't have to be another selfish, greedy, dragon. You are so much more than that."

"Do you think so?" She looked him in the eyes.

"I know so," Dim Sum wrapped him in a hug. Spike smiled and hugged her tighter. Dim Sum and Spike stared at each other and smiled. "Let's go home," he wiped her eyes with his hand. Spike stood up and picked her up. They walked away hand in hand.


Twilight sat in her couch curled up with a book. She smiled as she read. "Oh Harry Trotter you'll never date Cho like that," her ear twitched when a sound came from inside of the building. She sat up from her couch and walked in to the hallway. She smiled when she saw Spike and Dim Sum together. "Hi you two!" She said.

"Hi Twilight,"

"So Dim Sum, ready to see your room?" Twilight said excitedly. Dim Sum nodded. "Well follow me" Twilight led them up the staircase into a hallway. "You'll love your room Spike and I got it ready for you last night."

"Really?"

"Yep" she stopped in front of a door. She used her magic to open the door. Dim Sum walked through the door and she began to tear up. The entire room was light blue with a large bed at the back with multiple drawers and a vanity. Dim Sum walked into the room. She stopped infont of the mirror. She smiled as she stared st herself. She walked to the bed. She put her hand on the soft fabric. "So do you like it?" Twilight asked. Dim Sum wiped her eyes and embraced Twilight. She stood there for a second before hugging her back.

"I love it," Dim Sum wiped her eyes. "I love you" Twilight blushed and hugged her tighter.

"I love you too...daughter"

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I apologize for the late update I was busy but I hope you still like it.