• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 2,126 Views, 166 Comments

Such A New Place - ILIKEBOOKS



When a young orphaned dragon has to move from her home, little did she know that she would go on a life changing adventure.

  • ...
10
 166
 2,126

Chapter 1 The New Girl In Town

Such a New place
Written By ILIKEBOOKS


Scared, scared is how this young dragon felt. She just made it to Equestria as a new citizen, and she was on her way to Canterlot to meet Princess Celestia.

She fiddled with her fingers as she sat on the booth. She stared out the wndow and saw her destination, Canterlot. A large city which rests apon a mountain. The city was bigger than anything Dim Sum had seen before. "Oh dear," she said as the train started to lose speed.

"Everypony please prepare for departure," a voice said over a loudspeaker. Dim Sum stood up and grabbed her small beaten up suitcase. She walked outside of her cabin and made her way to the exit. Outside the train there was a crowd of ponies. Dim Sum cowered behind the crowd. She took a deep breath and began to walk through the thick crowd of ponies. She felt a hoof be placed on her shoulder. She turned around and saw two rather large stallions in golden armor.

"Is your name Dim Sum?" The stallion asked with a deep intimidating voice. She held on to her tail and nodded nervously. The stallions told her to come with them and they began walking away from the train station. She walked with them hugging close to their bodies. Everything seemed so different to her, the large buildings and the fact not a single dragon could be seen was really taking her out of her comfort zone. As they walked she began to notice that ponies were looking at her. She grabbed on to her tail and used it to cover her face.

The walk through town was relatively fast but to Dim Sum it felt like a lifetime had passed. She looked forward and saw a giant golden gate which blocked off a very elegant palace. The stallions began talking to other stallions who were guarding the gate. After they spoke the golden gate slowly opened. The stallions ushered her towards the palace. They stopped in front of a large double door. The stallion's horn began to glow a bright blue and the door began to open.

Inside there was a massive corridor where a throne was directly in the center. The throne had two tall mares which both had contrasting color schemes. The taller of the pair had a white coat, with multiple colors in her mane. The second mare had a had a dark blue coat with blue mane which seemed to mimic the look of the night sky. Both of their manes seemed to flow in some invisible wind.

The taller mare began to speak. "Hello Dim Sum, welcome to Canterlot," her voice was soft and motherly it made Dim Sum feel warm inside. "I believe you must be nervous."

"I'm v-very nervous everything seems so..different here," she said quietly.

"It's okay to be scared of a new place, but don't worry sweetie I believe you'll learn to love your new home."

"So where will I live?" She asked.

"Normally we would transfer you to Dragontown, but unfortunately there is nopony available to care for you," She smiled, "However a last minute volunteer came in at just the knick of time."

"Who will care for me Princess?" Dim Sum asked.

"A mare by the name Twilight Sparkle, but don't worry there will be plenty of fillies and colts for you to socialize with," Princess Celestia turned toward the guards. "I want you two to accompany her as she travels to Ponyville," she said. The two guards saluted.

"Anything your majesty.

"Dim Sum I know you don't have much but I would like to give you this as a gift," Princess Celestia placed a ruby encrusted bow on Dim Sum's head. Dim Sum blushed at her contact. "Have a good day."

"Th-thank you princess."


Twilight sat on her throne overlooking the cutiemark map, she pulled out a few books and read them while taking notes. "Wow I never knew that," she said to herself as she read.

"Good morning Twi," A purple dragon said as he walked into the room.

"Good morning Spike," she said before returning to her books. " he glanced at the book but there was no title.

"Whaddya, reading Twi?" Spike asked. Twilight raised her head from the book and grinned.

"It's a book about dragon culture in Eastern Equis, it's truly a fascinating place over there."

"That's cool" he did a double take "Wait did you say dragon culture?," Spike asked his curiosity peeked.

"I didn't tell you?."

"Tell me what?."

"Spike I'm adopting a dragon!" Twilight said excitedly. "She's just a year younger than you too! Not to mention she used to lived in Haysia." Twilight sighed. "Can you imagine the opportunities there are to learn about her culture."

"You're adopting another dragon?" He crossed his arms, "All the dragons I met were jerks so why would she be different?"

"Spike she grew up in a small dragon community in Haysia and if she were greedy she would be grown up by now," she said.

"I don't know."

"Trust me Spike you'll love her," She pulled out a folded paper. "This paper is all the information we have on her so far," she cleared her throat, "Dim Sum is a shy dragoness who was raised by ponies in Haysia. Her talents include, cooking, origami, and a interest with nature." Twilight unfolded it more. "She has cream blue scales with pale white wings, pink spines, and violet eyes." She flipped the paper. "Her parents are unknown but we believe they may be migrating or...deceased." Twilight covered her hoof over her mouth.

"Her parents may be dead?" Spike said, genuine concern in his voice.

"I didn't know that," her ears fell to the side of her head, "Spike please don't mention it to her."

"I won't I promise," Twilight wrapped him in a hug.

"She'll be here tomorrow," she stood up. "Let's get her room ready."


Dim Sum watched as the sun lowered itself to the horizon. This is my new home she fluttered her wings. A clear sky, no limits, I can do the things that I could never do The ground appeared as a blur due to the train's speed. For once in Dim Sum's short life she felt free. she yawned and laid down. "Can't wait to meet Twilight, she must be an amazing pony to adopt a dragon she's never met before," she put her hands behind her head. she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

The next day

"Dim Sum, wake up," the stallion said as he lightly shook her. Dim Sum opened her eyes and saw the guard. "We are set to arrive in Ponyville in five minutes," The princess will pick you up at the train station."

"The princess?," Dim Sum asked.

"Yes Princess Twilight Sparkle," he said.

"I'm being adopted by a princess?."

"Yes ma'am."

"Wow," she said before picking up her suitcase and placed the bow on her head. She smiled. "Today I get a new home," she exited her booth and walked through the train. Thankfully there was less ponies on board than the Canterlot train. She exited with the two stallions. "Here we go."


Spike and Twilight were walking on the gravel path which lead through town, "I can't wait to meet her!" Twilight said her excitement was enough to rival Pinkie Pie. "I could learn so much more about her culture," she bounced. Spike grinned as her enthusiasm was rubbing off on him.

"I have a feeling me and her will be great friends," the train station came into view. "Okay Twi calm down we don't want to freak her out." The continued walking and they saw three figures, the first two were easily recognizable as royal guards but the third figure was holding her tail to her chest. As they approached Spike saw her fully. The two guards bowed when they saw Twilight and Dim Sum did the same.

"It's fine you don't have to bow," Twilight said as she studied Dim Sum's features. She looked alot like Spike but her wings and slightly curvier body made her look quite different. "Hello Dim Sum," Twilight said softly.

"H-hello Princess Twilight," she said quietly.

"Please call me Twilight," she said. "Wow you are a beautiful dragon," Twilight said as she circled Dim Sum. Dim Sum held her tail to her face to cover her blush.

"T-thank you Twilight," Twilight put a wing around her. "Let me introduce you to Spike," Twilight pointed to the purple dragon.

"Hi Dim Sum," Spike raised his hand. Dim Sum stared at him for a second and slowly shook his hand.

"H-hi Sp-spike," Dim Sum said nervously. Spike smiled and let go of her hand. The two guards excused themselves and left.

"Well Dim Sum welcome to Ponyville this'll be your home for a while and I want you to enjoy your stay."

"Thank you Twilight," she looked around. I have a feeling I'm going to like this place she looked at the two of them. "I love it,"

Author's Note:

Hello everybody my name is ILIKEBOOKS this my third story and I hope you enjoy it.