• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 598 Views, 6 Comments

You Matter To Me - Daydream2015



A shocking truth about Scootaloo reveals itself.

  • ...
2
 6
 598

What happened at home stays at home

It was recess at school and the CMC were tossing a ball around in the air happily.

"You two will never believe where my parents are taking me this weekend." Said SweetieBell excitedly as she threw the ball to AppleBloom. "They have a friend in Manehatten that invited us to stay for the weekend so we can get to know the city. Dad says that it would be good to use the time so they can catch up with me since they feel bad about not spending enough time with me."

"That's great. Is Rarity going to go with you guys too?" Asked AppleBloom.

"No, she says she has an important client that needs her to finish an order for him. She won't have time. But I promised to bring her back lots of pictures so it feels like she was there too." Said Sweetie.

"So guess that means that it's just going to be me and AppleBloom this weekend." Said Scootaloo.

"Actually, I'm not going to be here. Applejack said that we're going to go on a hiking trip as a family this weekend." Said AppleBloom.

Scootaloo's face dropped and a frown took the place where her smile used to be. "So...neither of you are going to be here this weekend?" Asked Scootaloo disappoint

Sweetie caught the ball and placed a hoof on Scootaloo's shoulder. "Don't worry Scootaloo, I'm sure that if you ask your parents, they'ed be happy to take you somewhere this weekend."

"Yeah, I bet they'll love that idea." Said AppleBloom giving her a smile.

Before the conversation could go any further they herd Cheerilee starting to call them back in. Scootaloo was first to walk back into the school building and sit back in her seat before anything else could be said. She wasn't exactly big on talking about her family. Of course her friends didn't need to know that.


Scootaloo walked home alone to her house in the outer side of Ponyville. It wasn't a big house but it wasn't small either. It was a good sized two story house with two bedrooms. She took a deep breath before walking through the door and was immediately greeting with yelling.

"And where the hay have you been?!" yelled her mother. Her Purple main was in a messy bun and her blue coat was a bit dirty. She smelled like alcohol witch worried Scootaloo. She always got angry when she drank and it always ended bad for her.

"I got caught up talking to my friends after school and-"

"I don't want to hear about your imaginary friends! Go tell someone who actually cares! I've told you before that I want you home at a certain time and not one second late. You think I'm playing?!" Asked her mom grabbing her roughly.

"No ma'am." Said Scootaloo starting to shake in fear.

"You think your so special? Huh? You think that you can just do what you want to? Well reality check. You have as much value as the trash out front. I make the rules around here. I decided what happens here. And you, you do as I say. Got it?" Asked her mom with a harsh voice.

"Yes." Scootaloo simply said holding back tears.

"Go to your room before I become mush less understanding." Said her mom letting her go. Scootaloo quickly ran up the stairs to her room and closed the door. She jumped onto her bed and cried onto her pillow quietly, if her mom found her crying it would just get her even more angry.

She was happy that it was Thursday and soon the weekend would come. Even if her friends weren't going to be with her, neither would her mom. She left weekends to work. Though she didn't know what or where see worked she didn't really care. As long as she was gone.

After a few more minutes of crying Scootaloo stood up and walked over to her window looking outside. It was a perfect day to play and run outside, but of course, she wasn't allowed to leave. She sighed and opened her window deciding to at least let some of the fresh air in. That's when she herd sompony shouting orders. She looked up to the sky to see who it was and her face quickly turned into a smiled when she saw Rainbow Dash flying in the air with several groups of ponies.

"Rainbow Dash!" Yelled Scootaloo. Rainbow looked down and smiled when she saw Scootaloo in the window. She said something to a few other ponies before flying down to the open window.

"Hay squirt." Said Rainbow messing up Scootaloo's mane.

Scootaloo couldn't help but smile as she herd the nickname that was given to her. "What are you doing here? I've never seen you around here before." Said Scootaloo.

"I'm the head of weather duties. I switch out a lot to make sure ponies are doing what they have to do." Said Rainbow.

"That has to be cool. Getting to fly all day in the air." Said Scootaloo looking up at the sky.

Rainbow looked at Scootaloo for a few seconds before a smile formed on her face. Within seconds Rainbow grabbed Scootaloo pulling her out and into the air. Fear took hold of Scootaloo until she realized that Rainbow Dash was holding her. Soon all that fear was replaced with excitement and she couldn't but smile and laugh.

Rainbow started flying through the air quickly tossing Scootaloo in the air and and catching her again. The whole time Scootaloo laughed and laughed enjoying herself more and more by the second. After a while later Rainbow finally got tired and set Scootaloo down on a cloud.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash, I really needed that." said Scootaloo.

"No problem squirt, I'm glad you enjoyed it." Said Rainbow.

"Hay Rainbow...You...You care about me right?" Asked Scootaloo looking at the cloud under her.

The question took Rainbow by surprise but her face quickly softened and she smiled at the small filly. "Of course I care about you Scootaloo. Don't you ever doubt it ok?"

Scootaloo smiled and jumped forward wrapping her small hooves around Rainbow in a tight hug. "That's all I wanted to hear." She said. Rainbow returned the hug for a few seconds before looking back up to see her co-workers looking at her with Da'wwws. Her face quickly turned red and she cleared her throat.

"Well, I guess It's about time for me to take you back home." Said Rainbow.

Scootaloo frowned and sighed but nodded in understanding. She hoped onto Rainbow's back and held on as Rainbow flew back down to the her window in the side of the house. Scootaloo carefully jumped back into her room and looked at Rainbow with a sad frown.

"Don't give me that face kiddo. We'll see each other soon ok?" Said Rainbow messing Scootaloo's mane.

"OK." Replied Scootaloo giving a small smile.

Rainbow waved off and flew back out into the sky to finish her weather duties leaving Scootaloo to herself in her room.

"Scootaloo!" She herd a shout from downstairs. She quickly ran out of her room and down the stairs to see her dad home early. He was still in his work clothes and his red mane was a bit messed up probably from working. His orange coat was barely visible and he seemed angry.

"Dad? What are you doing home from work so early?" Asked Scootaloo with a smile.

"Not now Sweetie, where's your mother?" He asked walking right by Scootaloo.

"I'm right here." Said her mom walking downstairs. "So you bothered coming home early? What's the special occasion that you finally come home early?"

"I was just at the bank and find out that somepony took out money. What did I tell you? I don't have patience to deal with you taking my money out. What exactly did you need that you couldn't use your own money?" Scootaloo's dad asked angrily.

"You daughter has been bugging about needing more school supplies and I wasn't about to use my hard worked money on her." Said her mother bitterly. Neither adult acted concerned that Scootaloo was standing right next to them watching them.

"Is this true Scootaloo?" asked her dad.

Scootaloo replied with a small nod and her dad sighed.

"Alright then." he said.

"Alright then? Alright then?! So you were really angry when you thought that I had taken it out for me but suddenly it all changes when you find out it was for Scootaloo?!" Yelled her mom.

"She's my daughter!"

"And I'm your wife!"

"You can take care of yourself! She's just a filly!"

"What do you know about her?! You rarely spend time with her and leave her to me as if I wanted to!" Yelled her mom.

"STOP FIGHTING!!" Yelled Scootaloo tears starting to form in her eyes.

"What did you say?" Asked her mother looking at her with a death glare.

"Stop fight-" *SMACH*

"I don't take orders from you." Said her mother. "Go to your room!"

Scootaloo ran up stairs to her room and closed the doors behind her. She could hear yelling from downstairs and glass breaking. She started crying and hid under her blankets. It wasn't the first time she herd her parents fight, but they were all just as horrible for her. All she could do was hide under her blanket crying until the fighting stopped and hoping that everything turned out alright.

Thought's of her brief conversation with Rainbow Dash filled her head.

"Hay Hay Rainbow...You...You care about me right?"
"Of course I care about you Scootaloo. Don't you ever doubt it ok?"

Scootaloo cried thinking about what Rainbow must be doing right now. And what she wouldn't give to be with her. Home sweet home right?

Author's Note:

This is my first ever story so please be nice and tell me how I did. :twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 6 )

Other than a few misspellings here and there, it's pretty good so far. Keep going please. :)

This is great! Please write more! :pinkiehappy:

this has potential...:pinkiehappy:

6176099 needs more

Login or register to comment