• Published 4th Jul 2015
  • 837 Views, 55 Comments

I Prefer the Term Freelancer - One of the Crowd



Let's follow Isaac and his group as they protect the main six from some unknown danger. Well at least unknown to them because the princess obviously knows but thats besides the point. Anyway will Issac get over his and twilight's past? probably not.

  • ...
12
 55
 837

Oh It's You

Chapter 1: Oh it’s you
“Twilight, Twilight” Spike yelled while sprinting up the hill toward a group of ponies who were enjoying a day away from their usually busy lives well all except for rainbow who was rarely busy. The dragon trying to get the message he was carrying to his sister figure as soon as possible had forgotten that stumpy legs and inclines were a rather unfortunate combination for him. As he was about to reach the top of the hill he tripped sending his face into a pie pinkie had made for her friends outing today.

“Are you alright Spike” Twilight said while trying to helping him get to his feet while everybody else were laughing at the poor guys expense well everybody except rarity who held a more serious expression upon her face.

“Oh I know why he’s here he want to party, well spike don’t worry your ol pal pinkie pie will have one ready in a minute” pinkie said pulling the dragon away from the lavender alicorn and dragging him off to Celestia knows where. Spike of course did not plan on having a party today as he was here to deliver an important message so he slipped out of the mare’s grip with a ‘pop’.

“Not today pinkie I actually have an important message for twilight, and another message for somepony else Celestia said twilight would know” Spike said and then began to panic as he realized he dropped the message after having pie in his face. Believing that he had forgotten the message back at the castle he sprinted off without another word. Twilight floated the two scrolls that were lying beside the pie tin over to her and began to read.

Dear princess Twilight (Still proud of you by the way)

A certain matter has come to my and my sister’s attention as of late and it would be in equestria’s best interest if you and the other elements of harmony were to go away for lack of a better term until the trouble has passed. Do not worry however as the other message that I sent spike is to guarantee you and your friends’ safety until the issue can be resolved. As for whom the message is for you should remember him my dear pupil as someone very unique. You will find him and his company out in the Badlands and remember to be polite I doubt your knew status will change his views of you much.

Signed
Princess Celestia

“Well what’s it say Twilight” applejack said trying to look over the alicorn’s shoulder to get a better view of the letter that she was reading with mixed emotions on her face. The alicorn set aside the scroll and stared angrily at the other as if her gaze alone would make the scroll cease to exist.

“It says that we are going to have to go away for awhile and meet a certain person who I can’t stand” twilight replied in a rather agitated voice.

“Uh don’t you mean pony” dash chimed in as she flew beside her friend.

“No I mean person rainbow, you should remember him” she said while walking back down the hill toward the castle. “Pack your bags girls this is going to be a long trip”.

***In the Badlands***

“So my hand is stuck in the window and it’s turning all purple when they finally realize that is the reason I’m screaming my head off, and you know what I was screaming?” The Blue eyed man asked while looking at his companions around the fire. Finally the only changeling of the group decided to speak up.

“By any chance did it involve the window and the word fucking” she asked as she tried to stealthily move in closer to him. He looked at the changeling for a minute before grabbing onto her and pulling her into a hug.

“Half right because you said window, but as for the other word no I was only 5 at the time so I didn’t know it yet. Why do you think all my stories are going to involve me cussing anyway Luca” The man said letting the changeling go to answer him more directly.

“Give me a minute to pull out the checklist Isaac.” She then proceeded to actually pull a checklist out of the log they were sitting on. After dusting some of the dust that seemed to be everywhere in the Badlands off it she began naming out various reasons why she assumes his stories involve him cussing including but are not limited to his basic vocabulary, his advanced vocabulary, his stories actually do have him cuss more often than not…

“…And finally whenever i surprise you back at the tent wi-“

“OK I GET IT, don’t scare everyone else off Luca, I mean look at Flim over there” Isaac said while pointing toward the unicorn who was trying his best to not seem like he wanted to know what happened next. Luca gave a snort before she started full on laughing at the poor guys expense seeing as this was her favorite kind of comedy, The Sex joke kind. Isaac couldn’t help but grin at his girlfriend or mare friend? Changeling friend’s antics because that was just another thing he loved about this creature who was with him since the very beginning of his journey toward becoming one of the best freelance groups in Equis. A certain red horned unicorn with a dark grey coat and pitch black mane made his way toward the fire, and proceeded to sit beside Flim.

“Flim can you please get Flam to stop trying to get me to make crystals grow out of nothing because it’s getting rather annoying” Sombra said and then he proceeded to take a deep breath before saying. “You always find the strange ones don’t you Isaac”.

“I do and that’s why you’re here. Have to expand my group of loonies and crazies after all” The former king gave a small chuckle at that.

“You know if you said that to me before you helped fix my head I would have had yours removed”

“That’s why I helped you so I could insult an all powerful unicorn and they not try to kill me” Isaac’s face went from a smile to a frown as the memory came back to him in full force.

“Sorry about that” Sombra said trying to help one of the few ponies or people in this case that considered the former tyrant a friend.

“No, it’s alright Sombra that was more my fault I think It might be a good Idea if I turned in early anyway I got one of my feelings” Isaac said as he started walking toward his and Luca’s Tent.

“Wait your having one of those feelings again. Well this can’t be good” Luca said as she trotted beside her Boyfriend. He only gave a nod as he proceeded into their tent because whatever it was they’d have to deal with it one way or another.

***Back in ponyville***

The group of mares had gotten up early the next day to make their plans as to how to get to the badlands and to not get any unnecessary attention. Fluttershy had angel with her and her saddlebags had almost nothing except carrots. Pinkie’s bags also had supplies of the festive kind with streamers and balloons as well as a few pastries she because you can’t have a party without cake. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were a little more realistic in what they need with packing water, tents, various foods, and other gear they might need out in the wilderness. Twilight had finally come out of her gigantic castle in the middle of town with one of her saddlebags containing a book and the other containing various things she’s need while they were gone.

“Um twilight we’re probably going to be gone for awhile don’t ya think you should pack a little more?” applejack asked thinking that her friend might not quite understand the need for this stuff.

“Don’t worry Applejack My bags can carry a lot more than you think because I enchanted them to hold as much as I need to by…” Applejack just nodded at what the alicorn was saying because this was one of those times Twilight wouldn’t quit talking unless you shoved something into her face or something defying logic happened before her eyes. As if on cue spike came into view pulling a cart at full sprint with not only rarity but practically her entire boutique on it.

“Darn it Rarity you realize we ain’t going on vacation and that we have to lay low. I swear Braeburn can probably see that all the way in Appleloosa” Applejack said in an exasperated way.

“Darling a lady must be prepared besides once we get there we won’t have to carry a thing”

“Um Rarity you do realize that it’s not a hotel right” rainbow decided to add as she began taking various pieces of luggage off the cart. Rarity pouted at the idea but realized arguing with applejack or rainbow was pointless let alone both of them. So they set off with their bags packed and their heads held high for some reason.

***1 week later***

“This looks like the place girls” twilight said then she sighed at the idea of meeting him again. Sure she didn’t like him and he didn’t like her that was fine but she didn’t intend to poison him that was a complete accident.

“You alright there sugar cube?” Applejack asked nuzzling the side of her friend in an attempt to comfort her. Everypony else crowded around the alicorn so that if needed they could help their rather sad/angry friend. Twilight looked up at them all and nodded to answer the question then looked back up with determination in her eyes because she was not going to let this bring her down because she had her friends by her side. With that they entered the small camp with various Tents and objects strewn about the place before the group eyed a certain Blond headed man walking out of a tent. Three of the ponies faces lit up with joy, one held her head down in shame, and the other two for lack of a better term were pissed.

“HEY ISAAC OVER HERE” The rainbow maned Pegasus yelled over to the human who turned his head and froze. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things before sprinting off in another direction entirely screaming his own name.

“Well that could have gone better” rainbow said as she proceeded to follow the human to wherever he was running off to.

“And where do you think you’re going” Applejack said as she lassoed one of rainbows legs to keep her from flying off.

“To see Isaac, duh” rainbow said as she started to mess with the knot holding her hoof in place. Applejack merely glared at rainbow. Applejack remembers the human from his time in ponyville and she didn’t like him the moment she saw him he had secrets and that was a sign you can’t trust someone if they hide themselves from you. However not all her friends would see her reasoning well all except twilight that also disliked him though for a different reason all together.

The human then appeared again though this time he was following a female Pegasus with a red coat and a purple unkempt mane. He finally was able to see why he had been dragged out of his tent before yelling:

“BUTTERS, DASH, RARITY” then he proceeded to run up and hug at least two of the mares while rainbow flew just above him. “It’s good to see you guys again”

“The feelings mutual Isaac how have you been” Rarity asked as the human let go of her and Fluttershy.

“Oh you know little of this little of that. Oh, nearly forgot” reaching into a bag he kept on his belt loop he proceeded to pull out 15 bits. “You were right making clothes is impossible without having something to help, I don’t know how you do it”

“Well it is my special talent darling but keep your money that wasn’t a real bet after all” The white unicorn replied while handing the bits back to Isaac. He put them back into the bag and deciding to begin conversing with at least one of the Pegasi.

“So how about you butter, things been good for you since I left. That manticore hasn’t given you anymore trouble has he?” The human asked his soft spoken friend.

“Oh no Mr. Bubbles has been a lot better and often walks with me in the everfree now” she said when a certain rabbit hopped out of one of her bags and began thumping the ground.

“Oh sorry angel didn’t see ya. You have been good to fluttershy here, right?” Isaac said glaring at the rabbit who nodded its head as fast as possible. “Good. Anyways rainbow whats u-“

“Are you just going to ignore us” twilight said glaring daggers at the human. The human merrily got back up to his full height before replying with:

“That was the plan Sparkly, now what do you want and why should I not kick you, the racist, and the witch hunter out of my camp” Isaac angrily said glaring at the alicorn and two earth ponies. Twilight was about to say something when she remembered celestia wanted her to at least try to be polite to the human so she pulled out the message and handed it to him. He observed to see that the royal seal was still intact and it wasn’t in anyway opened before.

“Well this might be enough to keep you all here, but for now sit back and relax. Oh and spike you know I’m over the whole burning my shoes thing it was an accident.” Isaac called out as he turned to enter his tent. The dragon slowly crept out of a rock conveniently a few yards away from the camp and ran up toward the ponies. “Anyway you all stay here with Luca she’ll keep you company while I read this.” With that the human entered his tent already having an idea as to why he had to watch over these ponies. "God, I hope I'm wrong because if not we're all screwed."

Author's Note:

Ok so first fanfiction yikes this is obviously not going to be the best thing out there, however constructive criticism is appreciated so please let me know what I did wrong and what I did right so I can write stuff that doesn't suck. Anyway hope you enjoy.